Elon Musk

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Dimension Diver
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Re: Elon Musk

Post by Dimension Diver »

Dimension Diver
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Dimension Diver »

In one week Elmo has helped Erdogan cling to power by censoring the Twitter accounts of the Turkish opposition, and has censored an anti-corruption website that’s much hated by dictators like Erdogan and Putin.

I’m looking forward to Bluesky turning Twitter into the new MySpace.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Now Elon is accusing George Soros of wanting to erode the fabric of civilisation. It’s all in a day’s work.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Tesla have decided that two of their models will only be made in LHD versions - including RHD versions that have already been ordered. Customers can continue their orders and take a LHD one, buy a different model that's RHD or cancel altogether.

Add to that Tesla whacking the prices down of some models by thousands of pounds leaving some owners that bought a brand new car that price dropped by £5000 the following day without any kind of recompense, it makes you wonder why people continue to bother with this ghastly company.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Dimension Diver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:21 am In one week Elmo has helped Erdogan cling to power by censoring the Twitter accounts of the Turkish opposition, and has censored an anti-corruption website that’s much hated by dictators like Erdogan and Putin.

I’m looking forward to Bluesky turning Twitter into the new MySpace.
The Erdogan story shows the path he's going down.

It's been a quick journey from the self proclaimed "free speech absolutist" who claimed he wouldn't even censor Russian media on Skylink devices if there was a gun to his head.

EDIT: Aaaaand now the jibe at Soros makes sense - https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... usk-2023-5
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

-DL- wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:25 am Tesla have decided that two of their models will only be made in LHD versions - including RHD versions that have already been ordered. Customers can continue their orders and take a LHD one, buy a different model that's RHD or cancel altogether.

Add to that Tesla whacking the prices down of some models by thousands of pounds leaving some owners that bought a brand new car that price dropped by £5000 the following day without any kind of recompense, it makes you wonder why people continue to bother with this ghastly company.
Is therr an element of it being something of a cult? A bit like Apple?
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Denbighammer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:54 pm Is therr an element of it being something of a cult? A bit like Apple?
I think so. My experience of people who buy Apple products is that they don't say 'my phone' or 'my earphones', they say 'my iPhone ' or 'my AirPods'.

Similar with Tesla owners. They call their car 'the Tesla'.

I never call my car 'the Ford', it's obviously referred to as 'the muffwagon'.
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2192 likes
Total likes: 168 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Denbighammer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:54 pm Is therr an element of it being something of a cult? A bit like Apple?
I got one just after Xmas...not a cult thing for me, BUT I have read plenty of stuff from people that are weirdly obsessed with their Tesla. For me, it was a good deal, the charging network is great and it has plenty of space. It's a lease so to a certain extent the price chops don't really bother me....but for what you get its really,good vfm anyway.

Still think Musk comes across as a right ****er mind
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 pm I think so. My experience of people who buy Apple products is that they don't say 'my phone' or 'my earphones', they say 'my iPhone ' or 'my AirPods'.

Similar with Tesla owners. They call their car 'the Tesla'.

I never call my car 'the Ford', it's obviously referred to as 'the muffwagon'.
the compassion with apple is not far off tbh. Iphone is a thing because they marketed it well. but same as tesla apple products just work. simply , very user friendly. Where as there are better products out there (like a android phone) which are more adaptable to what the user wants however if you have zero interest in that then apple / tesla is the way to go. iphones just work and anyone can seem to work them compared to an android for example (for the record I have android and love it)

but as a powerwall owner ive seen other batteries out there which you can take more control of (ie discharge to the grid when you want to make more money etc) but its very much an apple set up.. set up and ignore

you could go as far to compare the owners .. jobs was a ruthless tosspot .. same with elon.. jobs rebranded apple but it was Steve Wozniak who was the brains .. how much is elon just the money man .. I doubt many of the ideas are actually his
Rust
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by Rust »

mumbles87 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 am the compassion with apple is not far off tbh. Iphone is a thing because they marketed it well. but same as tesla apple products just work. simply , very user friendly. Where as there are better products out there (like a android phone) which are more adaptable to what the user wants however if you have zero interest in that then apple / tesla is the way to go. iphones just work and anyone can seem to work them compared to an android for example (for the record I have android and love it)

but as a powerwall owner ive seen other batteries out there which you can take more control of (ie discharge to the grid when you want to make more money etc) but its very much an apple set up.. set up and ignore

you could go as far to compare the owners .. jobs was a ruthless tosspot .. same with elon.. jobs rebranded apple but it was Steve Wozniak who was the brains .. how much is elon just the money man .. I doubt many of the ideas are actually his
Iphones pretty much reinvented how people communicate - way more than just marketed well.

Tesla lead the way in electric cars and shared their engineering. And Tesla has £0 marketing budget :winker:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Rust wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:46 pm Iphones pretty much reinvented how people communicate - way more than just marketed well.

Tesla lead the way in electric cars and shared their engineering. And Tesla has £0 marketing budget :winker:
they werent the first smart phone tho were they? they just got the masses onto it
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:09 pm they werent the first smart phone tho were they? they just got the masses onto it
They had all the funky music and stuff, captured a mass audience early on and convinced many about how wonderful their products were. In fairness, they well might have been back in the day.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

mumbles87 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:09 pm they werent the first smart phone tho were they? they just got the masses onto it
They were the first company to release a decent OS for a phone. There were plenty of other manufacturers who made decent handsets, but the software was always pony.

Apple made their kit look nice, and in the early days they had the best OS. The reason their workstations were less prone to faults was because of their closed ecosystem - they only supported a minute subset of parts and components, while MS were having to support any old b*llocks with crappy device drivers.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Remember when Musk bought Twitter and had a journalist run a load of critical stories about the old Twitter regime having a dialogue with US law enforcement about removing certain posts?

How the worm turns.

Hammer1966
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

Elmo Musk continues to slay it at Twitter https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... s-investor
Danny's Dyer Acting

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Musk having a normal one again.

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

So Elon has flipped up Twitter today. Well done, boyo. #ratelimitexceeded
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Sorry old bean, but I don't understand your banter?
delbert
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:25 pm They had all the funky music and stuff, captured a mass audience early on and convinced many about how wonderful their products were. In fairness, they well might have been back in the day.
What they did was capture people by making their stuff incompatible with everything else, many of those captured have gone all Stockholm Syndrome in their defence of everything Apple.
Still, it's only another thing to divide people, Leave or Remain, Apple or Android...........