Elon Musk

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Re: Elon Musk

Post by southbrishammer »

I finished watching The Elon Musk Show on iplayer a couple of days ago.

He is clearly incredibly intelligent and incredibly ambitious. My impression is that he set up Tesla and SpaceX because he had some huge ideas (making electric cars viable and getting people to Mars) and he wants to prove to himself that he can do them. There was lots of rather off-putting hero worship on the programme, with people saying he is trying to save the world. I disagree, I think he's just trying to prove that he is as clever as he thinks he is.

I also think his Asberger's contributes to his personality a lot. I don't think he really understands that most people want more work-life balance than he does, so he comes across as intolerant and 'weird'.

I don't understand why he bought Twitter; both Tesla and SpaceX were startups based on his original ideas, while Twitter is a developed business which is making a loss. Maybe he fancies the challenge of trying to make it profitable, but if so he hasn't made a very good start.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 942 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:42 pm Cracking pair of Bristols... :grin:
See Bubbles has got a good chance.. :crossed:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

She looks like she’s got about five pairs going on, albeit not all pairs are at the same levels as they should be.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I’m an aspie and would gladly never work again if life allowed. Autism is on a sliding scale (spectrum) so using it to define us all is naive. It contributes to certain personality traits but plenty of successful people aren’t autistic.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Unless that's an underage lass she's smuggling in under there :eyes:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

This is a really good explanation of why this whole "Twitter 2.0 hardcore environment" that Musk has waved in front of everyone has ****ed a load of people off.

Basically "you want us to sign away a great severance offer in return for a worse culture, more stress, the risk of being cut anyway and no idea what the plan for the future is".

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Essexmaniac wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:10 am Sought after staff asked to sign new terms on same pay saying goodbye to Musk Man.
They left out, 'Really Ugly C*nt'..
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Now he’s running a Twitter poll on whether to reinstate Trump. 😄
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 pm I’m an aspie and would gladly never work again if life allowed. Autism is on a sliding scale (spectrum) so using it to define us all is naive. It contributes to certain personality traits but plenty of successful people aren’t autistic.
And me too. Never realised that Musk grew up with it though. Might explain his 'my way or the highway' approach though, his seeming obsession with his own ideas, and the perceived lack of empathy or thought about other peoples wants or needs. Like you said, it's a sliding scale with lots of variation. I personally have those traits too - though I would happily never work again. I'd never be able to have a life of relaxation though - work would soon be replaced by other projects and I'd still end up sitting here for 12 hours a day absorbed in them all. A sad consequence of this is that I don't give anywhere near as much attention to other people as I should.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:33 pm
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

ELON MUSK CLAIMS to be “fighting for free speech in America” but the social network’s new owner appears to be overseeing a purge of left-wing activists from the platform.
https://theintercept.com/2022/11/29/elo ... tifascist/
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Picking a fight with Apple may prove to be a huge mistake.

Phil Schiller has deleted his Twitter account. He is the man who decides who or what is allowed into the apple store for apps.

No Apple, no Twitter.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Just a mega-rich d*ckhead.
Musk, not Pinky...
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

I quite like him, he shouldn't be silencing left wing voices (if he is) but it's nice to see them having a taste of what the right have been putting up with for years.

Remembering when Trump got banned, "it's a private company, it can do what it likes", don't seem to be hearing that as of late
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by Shabu »

Gormalysis wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:42 pm I quite like him, he shouldn't be silencing left wing voices (if he is) but it's nice to see them having a taste of what the right have been putting up with for years.

Remembering when Trump got banned, "it's a private company, it can do what it likes", don't seem to be hearing that as of late
trump got banned for inciting an insurrection based on lies, not for having right wing views.

His views were allowed on there for years, as are most right and left wingers. But domestic terrorism is frowned upon.

Musk isn't silencing left wingers either. I'm not sure where you get your information from.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 942 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:47 pm I'm not sure where you get your information from.
Twitter naturally. :newthumb:
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Shabu wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:47 pm trump got banned for inciting an insurrection based on lies, not for having right wing views.

His views were allowed on there for years, as are most right and left wingers. But domestic terrorism is frowned upon.

Musk isn't silencing left wingers either. I'm not sure where you get your information from.
You mean riot

I didn’t say he was, I said if he was based on the article posted by UTJ. Read it again
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

the pink palermo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 pm

No Apple, no Twitter.
I know it's not the point you were making, but, the world would be a better place if this came true.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by Shabu »

Gormalysis wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:00 pm You mean riot

I didn’t say he was, I said if he was based on the article posted by UTJ. Read it again
No, I mean insurrection. He was trying to overthrow the peaceful transfer of power. It wasn't a riot. They were trying to change the democratic process through violence.

And you wrote this.....

"but it's nice to see them having a taste of what the right have been putting up with for years.

"

...implying that trump got banned for having right wing views rather than inciting a violent insurrection.

Twitter doesn't ban people for having right wing views, unless you can give me some examples.