⚽ UCL: FCSB 0-3 West Ham Utd (3/11/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Re: ⚽ FCSB vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by MB »

Johnson is such a top lad. Old head on those young shoulders.

The youngsters who started both look like they will make it. Whether with us or not, who knows as that is as much about luck as anything else. Key for me is that both have the right instincts. The rest can be coached and their attitudes seem right to learn.

Hopefully they have earned the right to be in and around the first team and will get more minutes over the course of the season.

Otherwise a nice comfortable win, good to see Aguerd getting more minutes and looking assured, really pleased for Fornals and hope he kicks on and Ogbonna looked much quicker than he has recently.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

ginghamdress wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:56 pm who's Cunny Lingus? she rings a bell
A French Airline
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes: “We left a lot of people back, and Pablo (Fornals) has played a lot of games. I gave him and Manuel Lanzini the chance but both of them were so keen to play.
https://www.whufc.com/news/moyes-we-rea ... nally-well

What I like to hear. :newthumb:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

What an enjoyable game that was.

Credit to the senior players who guided the youngsters through the experience. Some good performances from a fair few of the older heads that perhaps needed that to help with a bit of form.

Great to see Aguerd looking so assured at the back and getting 90. And who doesn't just love Ogbonna ?

Downes already looking like one of the senior pros, not a new guy trying to break through.

Moyes got the mix right, and you could see his delight in the performances of the academy boys.

Scarles and Ashby were the stand out youngsters for me, but each and every one deserves some credit for being part of it. Both of those look to have a future, hopefully with us.

Our Academy is still doing something right, and games like this are perfect to try some of the youngsters out, wonderful to see them grasp the chance.

And a big :newthumb: to our travelling fans :scarfer:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I love the fact the kids all did it Away in Romania in a big stadium. That's going to be very character building and breed so much confidence doing it against a senior football Team with a history. And to do it in style too.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Last night was everything I love and grew up loving about West Ham.

- Academy players breaking through
- Older players that ‘get us’ and understand what what fans want from them and how to behave as a West Ham player
- Our fans travelling en masse abroad to a dead rubber game

It was such a fantastic and uniquely West Ham night, it’s why I fell in love with the club, not that I had much choice mind.
Rocksteady
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Rocksteady »

Well done to all the youngsters, It must've been an amazing experience playing in a European game in a big stadium. The quality of the opposition was the prefect opportunity to give the kids a run out. Scarles played very well. Looked very comfortable on the ball. Its frightening to think he's only 16! Also well done to Mubama. Its a shame the goal wasn't given to him.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

I just really hope these lads don’t go back in the development squad’s not to be seen again or for a long time. They’ve earned their right to get minutes in the league. It doesn’t need to be 20/30 mins either, 1-5 mins at the end of the game will suffice at the beginning. We take 2 keepers on the bench and are allowed to bring 5 players on. It will be a travesty if we don’t make the most of this.
Last edited by BigFatSam on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Those two interviews with Mubama, Scarles and Johnson are exactly what it means to be us.

The smile on my face and the feeling in the pit of my stomach shows me that my love for West Ham United still runs deep within my veins.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

A vile hangover, but a cracking night in Bucharest. They were bloody awful, one of the worst sides I've ever seen but that's also down to a very young West Ham side.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

BigFatSam wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:16 am I just really hope these lads go back in the development squad’s not to be seen again or for a long time. They’ve earned their right to get minutes in the league. It doesn’t need to be 20/30 mins either, 1-5 mins at the end of the game will suffice at the beginning. We take 2 keepers on the bench and are allowed to bring 5 players on. It will be a travesty if we don’t make the most of this.
I'm hoping we get to see a few of them against Blackburn on Wednesday.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:29 am Moyes: “We left a lot of people back, and Pablo (Fornals) has played a lot of games. I gave him and Manuel Lanzini the chance but both of them were so keen to play.
https://www.whufc.com/news/moyes-we-rea ... nally-well

What I like to hear. :newthumb:
Good management by Moyes, acknowledging them as Senior pros who deserve not to be thought as of 'stiffs".

Good attention to detail.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

West Ham's best crosser of the ball is a 16 year old
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

Enjoyable watch last night. But for me it highlights the need to get the best of the kids out on loan learning their trade. At this stage of their development regular exposure to the PL would be too much for them but, imo, they shouldn't be kicking their heels in the Under 21s, they should be getting meaningful match time in a proper, competitive league.

It'll probably never happen and I know I'm in the minority but I long for the day when clubs are allowed to field "B" teams and allow them to find their place within the pyramid system. The drawback with the loan system is that the parent club isn't able to control the pitch time the lads get.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

:clap:
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

BigFatSam wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:16 am I just really hope these lads don’t go back in the development squad’s not to be seen again or for a long time. They’ve earned their right to get minutes in the league. It doesn’t need to be 20/30 mins either, 1-5 mins at the end of the game will suffice at the beginning. We take 2 keepers on the bench and are allowed to bring 5 players on. It will be a travesty if we don’t make the most of this.
Playing in the league is a massive step up compared to that opposition last night!
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:07 am Playing in the league is a massive step up compared to that opposition last night!
100% agree.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

PF. wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 am Those two interviews with Mubama, Scarles and Johnson are exactly what it means to be us.

The smile on my face and the feeling in the pit of my stomach shows me that my love for West Ham United still runs deep within my veins.
Totally agree … that paternal look on Johnson’s face whilst Scarles is talking, just like a father who is proud of a younger member of the West Ham family.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

What an enjoyable match to watch , absolutely perfect! ⚒️
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

I just enjoyed last night for what it was. A good win, some younger lads getting a game. Some senior pros guiding them and watching the away support having a great time out there. Just nice to watch and enjoy with no real pressure for once. Yes FCSB were pretty awful but that's not our fault.