⚽ UCL: FCSB 0-3 West Ham Utd (3/11/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

⚽ UCL: FCSB 0-3 West Ham Utd (3/11/22)

Post by funky chicken »

UEFA Europa Conference League
Thursday 3rd November
Arena Națională
Kick-off: 20:00
Channel: BT Sport 3

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: ⚽ FCSB vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by hammerman11 »

we have won the group so time to rest most of the first 11 that starts on sunday

areola
johnson kehrer augerd emerson
downes coventry ekwah
fornals scamacca cornet

subs randolph coufal ogbonna dawson rice benrahma antonio mumbama soucek

1-1 scamacca
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

As much as we really don’t need to play any of the first team in this, I’d definitely consider a few of the attackers to try and get someone confidence in front of goal.
browney83
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by browney83 »

Personally, I would leave all the first-team squad at home and take the kids out there. Not sure there is any point in making the likes of Scamacca etc fly to Romania to sit on the bench.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

browney83 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:41 am Personally, I would leave all the first-team squad at home and take the kids out there. Not sure there is any point in making the likes of Scamacca etc fly to Romania to sit on the bench.
And what about the fans that have paid 100s and if not more to travel to Romania? You think they've paid the money out to watch the U23s?
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

-DL- wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:43 am And what about the fans that have paid 100s and if not more to travel to Romania? You think they've paid the money out to watch the U23s?
The fans must know the risk when they purchase the tickets - especially as exactly the same thing happened last year.

Personally I would put out a similarly strong side to previous European games, but I can understand if Moyes chooses not to.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Paolopaul wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 am The fans must know the risk when they purchase the tickets - especially as exactly the same thing happened last year.

Okie dokie. That makes it alright then, even though last year's was a home game.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

We may not have any choice but to play our same attackers who have been involved in our last 2 league games.

With Cornet and Paqueta missing, who else can we play?
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

-DL- wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:58 am Okie dokie. That makes it alright then, even though last year's was a home game.
I don’t really understand what you’re getting at. No one is forced to buy tickets for a game, so if you make that choice you know that it may be a meaningless game at the end of the group stage.

Moyes understandably won’t want to risk losing his first team players to an injury.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

————-—-——————Areola—————————————-

-Coufal——Kehrer—Ogbonna—Aguerd—-Emerson-

————————Paqueta————Lanzini————————-

-Benrahma——————————————————-Fornals-

———————————Scamacca—————————————

Subs: Randolph, Johnson, Cresswell, Dawson, Coventry, Rice, Soucek, Downes, Bowen, Antonio.

Areola was always going to play in this game anyway. But it may especially be important depending on whether Fab is badly injured, as it’ll help him get more minutes under his belt, in case he will also need to play on Sunday.

More minutes for Aguerd and for Oggy, who seems to only be allowed out of his care home on Thursday nights.

I thought I saw Moyes say Paqueta would be back this week. So give him a run out to get his match sharpness back.

Stick with Benrahma and Scamacca to see if they can get their confidence back in front of goal. But I reckon Moyes will go with Antonio.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Can't see any of the first XI flying out for this one, hopefully just a few fringe first teamers. Its essentially a friendly match now

Randolph

Ashby Baptiste Aguerd Johnson

Ekwah Coventry Downes

Lanzini Marshall Emerson

Bench: Hegyi, Forbes, Ogbonna, Laing, Potts, Coddington, Scarles, Appiah-Forson

Aguerd to Ogbonna at HT

As for the argument 'what about the fans flying out'. I'm flying to bucharest on Wednesday and would be more than happy seeing the above team if it meant we were fit and firing vs Palace on sunday.

In fact, with it being a dead rubber as well as it being 10pm kick off local time, I can see a lot of fans who have traveled out staying in the bars and giving the match a swerve :crylol:
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

browney83 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:41 am Personally, I would leave all the first-team squad at home and take the kids out there. Not sure there is any point in making the likes of Scamacca etc fly to Romania to sit on the bench.
Why wouldn't you try to get game time into current fringe players. Match fitness, sharpness and confidence. Feeling part of the team.

Oggy, Johnson or Coufal, Coventry, Downes (as a CM), Lanzini, Emerson, Aguerd all need to play. Hopefully get some minutes in Cornet.
Would play Randolph if Fabs is a doubt next week.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Fornals should start this match, his Man U cameo was encouraging. He needs a goal.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

These Thursday nighters have been the highlight of my week in the last few weeks!

Yep, feel for the fans that have laid out the dough / taken the time off work to make the trip. However we need to take this game for what it is, we've done well enough in the group that it means nothing in terms of the final outcome.

That said....my argument against writing it off and just loading the plane with kids would be that we don't want to get turned over. This is still a competitive game of football and going into the next game on the back of a win is always preferable, even if the oppo here isn't quite at Premier League standard.

Perhaps a few experienced players starting mixed with a few kids. Certainly no need to risk anyone that has anything even slightly doubtful, injury wise.
essexhammer90
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by essexhammer90 »

BobbyMooreLower wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:52 am Randolph

Ekwah Coventry Downes

Lanzini Marshall Emerson
I'd play something very similar to this, but replacing Johnson/Downes with youth players. Randolph has to start in goal - hopefully Fab just has a knock but there's no point risking another injury to Areola if there's a chance it's more than that. Rice/Scamacca/Zouma/Bowen etc. shouldn't even be on the plane.

I get the travelling fans argument but anyone going out there knew there was a strong possibility it would be a dead rubber and we'd play a very weakened team. I'm having to pick and choose European games this year and I swerved this one on that basis but if I was going I'd be looking forward to seeing what some of the kids could do.

It's worth remembering that the U23's only lost 1-0 to Zagreb last year, who have beaten Chelsea this season and are a much better team than FCSB. Also Silkeborg, who I thought were very poor last week, beat them 5-0 twice so there's every chance we can still get a result even with mostly U23's.

People often moan that Moyes doesn't give youth a chance and this is a no lose situation so let's see what they can do
:scarfer:
BoleynGone
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by BoleynGone »

BobbyMooreLower wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:52 am Can't see any of the first XI flying out for this one, hopefully just a few fringe first teamers. Its essentially a friendly match now

Randolph

Ekwah Coventry Downes

Lanzini Marshall Emerson

Bench: Hegyi, Forbes, Ogbonna, Laing, Potts, Coddington, Scarles, Appiah-Forson

Aguerd to Ogbonna at HT

As for the argument 'what about the fans flying out'. I'm flying to bucharest on Wednesday and would be more than happy seeing the above team if it meant we were fit and firing vs Palace on sunday.

In fact, with it being a dead rubber as well as it being 10pm kick off local time, I can see a lot of fans who have traveled out staying in the bars and giving the match a swerve :crylol:
With you on that plus Antonio and Areola

U21's don't have a game until the following Monday. Thus a few can travel and not be knaclered for their next game

Baptiste is injured still and Ashby just coming back from his own injury but expect him to feature.

Randolph
Ashby Aguerd Ogbonna Coufal.
Coventry Ekwah
Fornals Lanzini Emerson
Cornet

subs
Hegyi Johnson Laing Potts Scarles Mubama Clayton Kinear Appiah-Forson Downes Swyer Greenidge

2-3 defeat
BoleynGone
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by BoleynGone »

FCSB actually play tonight thus even more reason to play a team minus our XI
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

play both strikers up top from the start and test them out.

Rest some keys players such as Rice
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

We have a big enough squad to still put out a decent side for this game.

Areola, Coufal, Johnson, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Emerson, Lanzini, Coventry, Fornals, Antonio

All of those probably won't start in the league game so play.
browney83
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by browney83 »

-DL- wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:43 am And what about the fans that have paid 100s and if not more to travel to Romania? You think they've paid the money out to watch the U23s?
I am one of these fans. Flying out weds night back Friday night. For the good of the team I don't mind watching the kids.