Air fryers

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Re: Air fryers

Post by mumbles87 »

mushy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:09 pm But this is one of the things I don't understand, if you've got the oven on for the meat, why not use it for everything else at the same time?
It won't cost you any more.
Have to admit we don't use both side by side. If our oven was smaller maybe at Xmas or something but if the ovens on we used that

We have a second oven , it's this range cooke thing, came with house. Tbh it holds the trays, that we used to use with lots of company but now would prob oven and air fry

Anyways if it can be air fried it is now. So impressed that when we get kitchen ripped out one day I'd go smaller oven and bigger air fryer

Meat is the best. The reheat setting. Wow. We got one before the trend took off and Mrs was like this is just one your gadgets that we don't need and won't use .. took 1 meal and she was converted .. all that meal was ? Left over BBQ .. as in the microwave it's so dry and meh. It was like 4 mins and wow. Like it was fresh

Before Putin invaded Ukraine and I dived into the energy wormhole .. it was never purchased to save money or energy .. just cooks some darn good food

My parents got one the next week
Month later My inn laws

All because they tried food from ours , and My mum does not part with cash lightly
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

mushy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:09 pm But this is one of the things I don't understand, if you've got the oven on for the meat, why not use it for everything else at the same time?
It won't cost you any more.
I agree but this was Christmas dinner so we were cooking loads more dishes than normal and as we are able to roast all the veg in the AF it made it all a lot quicker. I have since cooked pork, chicken and fish in it and all have been perfect. They reckon you can cook steak in it but seeing as I eat it rare doesn't seem worth it for that.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Xander wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:15 am I agree but this was Christmas dinner so we were cooking loads more dishes than normal and as we are able to roast all the veg in the AF it made it all a lot quicker. I have since cooked pork, chicken and fish in it and all have been perfect. They reckon you can cook steak in it but seeing as I eat it rare doesn't seem worth it for that.
The wife likes it well done I like it medium

I place mine on the bottom and then a rack then hers

15 mins 170 and hers is well done and I'm medium with low effort

But your right for rare you can just use a pan in seconds
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2190 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:40 pm Got a Ninja Foodi Max for Christmas - amazing piece of kit. Loving not only the air fryer, but also the pressure cooker. It's just a shame my pizza's don't fit in there or else I'd scrap the old oven right now.
Get an Ooni pizza oven mate....you'll never look back :winker:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Loftyhammer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:39 am Get an Ooni pizza oven mate....you'll never look back :winker:
I use mine all year round.

Still can't figure out why I'm 10st heavier though.. :wink:

Coincidently, a friend of mine has one of these, for indoors - and it is very good.

I'm seriously tempted.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

I may have to get one of these after reading this thread.

Recommendations for either a mid-range or an all bells-and-whistles ?
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2190 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

I'm still unsure about getting one, but my mum bought this....says it's brilliant

mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Denzil wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:13 pm I may have to get one of these after reading this thread.

For me ninjas are the best

All depends on you tho, how big is your family for example. Do you want to cook 2 diff things at once at diff temps

If you can fit your stuff in the dual ones are great

If not the multi ones with pressure cookers aswell are great

If I was to redo my kitchen today I'd get a small oven. A induction hob built into the counter and then 2 air fryers. One dual like we have then a big one for like roast chickens etc
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I've not properly utilised the pressure cooker yet on mine but intend on doing soon with a curry.

At the moment I'm mainly just air frying... tonight it's 3 sausages cut into chunks and mixed with a load of veg (courgette, peppers, mushrooms, butternut squash, sweet potato) with a little oil a sprinkling of herbs. I just chuck it all in and stir it around a bit every 5 mins or so.
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:35 pm I've not properly utilised the pressure cooker yet on mine but intend on doing soon with a curry.
That's a job for the hob mate :newthumb:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Polaroid wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:19 am That's a job for the hob mate :newthumb:
Not if it cuts costs
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:29 am Not if it cuts costs
I use the slow cooker function or the keep warm function for some curries

especially when having guests ill cook them in the morning and leave in the pot keeping warm (I have 2 pots because I set one lid on fire lol.. on the hob by accident once so it was cheaper to buy a new pot... so now just use that as a slow cooker when need more than 1)

anyways the pressure cooker part will infuse the meat etc more with the flavor
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I've been kicked out of a Ninja Air Fryer Group on Facebook for answering someone's question of "What's the best way to cook a steak" with "Frying pan". :grin:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:55 pm I've been kicked out of a Ninja Air Fryer Group on Facebook for answering someone's question of "What's the best way to cook a steak" with "Frying pan". :grin:
Serves you right, everyone knows the answer is BBQ :P
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Loftyhammer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:59 pm I'm still unsure about getting one, but my mum bought this....says it's brilliant

That's essentially a single pan version of the one we have. Really good bit of kit
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by Shabu »

Denzil wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:13 pm I may have to get one of these after reading this thread.

My first one was pretty basic & just an air fryer.

My next/current one is a multi purpose one that can grill, roast, bake, reheat, keep warm & one or two other options. It cost me $70 on a Black Friday sale & is worth every penny (cent).
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by Shabu »

:lol:

I do actually tell people that once you get an air fryer you turn into a born again christian type, trying to convert everyone.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1566 likes

Post by alf git »

:crylol:
Are air fryers the new veganism?
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:55 pm I've been kicked out of a Ninja Air Fryer Group on Facebook for answering someone's question of "What's the best way to cook a steak" with "Frying pan". :grin:
I always use a frying pan DL. I melt butter and season the steaks with salt, pepper and garlic granules. When butter is hot I fry for 3 minutes each side without moving them around in between. Once times up I let rest on a warm plate. I then deglaze the pan with a mix of red wine and water (too rich without the water)and reduce adding a few beef gravy granules if needs thickening to pour on after or on chips or potatoe.

Maybe not to everyone's taste but wife loves it like that.

EDIT...The wife's just told me how to read a joke.