The Police

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Officer Dibble
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Re: The Police

Post by Officer Dibble »

Listen to this.

I agree with every word he articulates here.

We have bad apples, however, we, and you as the general public, have been let down by the Tory Govt and spineless Senior Managers far too interested in their career, their penison and their future job within College of Policing.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2704 likes

Post by sendô »

That's an incredible listen.

It's going to take the country a good decade to get over the harm that consecutive Tory govts have inflicted upon this country, whilst the country was distracted arguing about Brexit or ****ing pronouns.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 857 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

sendô wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:38 pm It's going to take the country a good decade to get over the harm that consecutive Tory govts have inflicted upon this country, whilst the country was distracted arguing about Brexit or ****ing pronouns.
I’m happy to pin the Brexit shitshow onto the Tories, but really, are you blaming them for being distracted by pronouns? :crossed:

To be fair, something must have distracted Liz and Kwasi during their shambolic spell at the top. Maybe you’re right.
Hammer1966
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:16 pm I’m happy to pin the Brexit shitshow onto the Tories, but really, are you blaming them for being distracted by pronouns? :crossed:

To be fair, something must have distracted Liz and Kwasi during their shambolic spell at the top. Maybe you’re right.
Culture wars innit
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

That is a frightening listen.

Havering has turned into stab city lately and as usual Rosindell blames Khan, Khan blames the Tories for the cuts and we have to hope our kids don't get caught up by the feral scumbags all rolling into the town centre every night for a carve up.

Country has gone to the dogs and a lot of it can be traced back to when we all had to foot the bill for a load of iffy mortgages in the USA...
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2704 likes

Post by sendô »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:16 pm I’m happy to pin the Brexit shitshow onto the Tories, but really, are you blaming them for being distracted by pronouns? :crossed:
No, I'm just highlighting that the public are constantly distracted by the media focusing on something nonsense or other.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

smuts wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:09 pm Country has gone to the dogs and a lot of it can be traced back to when we all had to foot the bill for a load of iffy mortgages in the USA...
With respect mate, London isn't the country. I now live in a **** area of Cardiff called Ely. Even compared to Medway, it reminds me of what it used be like in places like South Ockendon where I grew up was back in the day - incidentally, a place I was at last week and the gaff has gone so far down hill, it may as well now be in a London Borough.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:14 pm With respect mate, London isn't the country. I now live in a **** area of Cardiff called Ely. Even compared to Medway, it reminds me of what it used be like in places like South Ockendon where I grew up was back in the day - incidentally, a place I was at last week and the gaff has gone so far down hill, it may as well now be in a London Borough.
Stabbings in Yeovil and Taunton last weekend. 5 separate attacks in Yeovil one. A murder in Bridgewater shows we are losing what was once sleepy Somerset.

I knew a special PC who could not believe what went on behind the scenes in Frome and that was ten years ago.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Officer Dibble wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:26 am Listen to this.

I agree with every word he articulates here.

We have bad apples, however, we, and you as the general public, have been let down by the Tory Govt and spineless Senior Managers far too interested in their career, their penison and their future job within College of Policing.

This new geezer who took over from Cressida Dick at The Met, seems OK though. What dya think? Good cop/ Bad cop?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

95% who get to the top ranks are absolute c****. I choose (thanks Polaroid 🙂) my words carefully. (I was going to say 95% of cops who get to the top rank are c**** but these people aren’t cops. They are politicians). So without having met the new commissioner I know what my guess would be if I was a betting man.

Look at Craig Mackay who allowed his driver to drive him away from the scene as a brave officer was stabbed to death at the Palace of Westminster. Mackay said he didn’t have the equipment on him to intervene. Of course he didn’t because he was no longer a cop. He was a politician in a uniform. His words inadvertently gave the game away.

Every word that cop said in the call to LBC was bang on the money. Dibble’s words too. Anyone who is associated with the service / still has friends in it knows the truth. Nothing he said surprised me or shocked me.

The police, like most public services have been utterly ****ed into the ground in this country.
Last edited by DaveWHU1964 on Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polaroid
Has liked: 620 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:26 pm Inchiose my words carefully.
:rofl:
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

:crylol: ….. most of the time anyway
Officer Dibble
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by Officer Dibble »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:04 pm This new geezer who took over from Cressida Dick at The Met, seems OK though. What dya think? Good cop/ Bad cop?
I can't really comment as I do not work for The Met.

As an outsider I think he is currently filling holes well below the waterline with the amount of dangerous/ disgrace to the uniform/ idiotic Met Officers currently being exposed.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

My last interaction with the police.

Went through an Amber light at a roundabout. Police car, with two officers in it pulled me over, and after making me get in to the back of their car, gave me the "do you know why we've stopped you" routine.

No, I don't, I replied. The younger of the two then blurted out that it was because i had gone through a red light.

This, I knew, to be a lie.

I had deliberately, and conciously, driven through an Amber light, in the belief that Amber meant, proceed with caution.

The elder officer, after I had explained this, said, no, Amber meant stop.

Fair enough, not for me to argue, other than on their own little issue.

The lie. The lie told by the younger police officer. The elder officer knew he was lying, she was careful with her words, sussing out early that once I had admitted to the Amber there was a conflicting story.

She, to her credit, wasn't prepared to join in telling a lie. Good for her.

In the end, the younger guy, once he realised his fellow officer wasn't going to lie to back up his version of events, tried to soften it all with the "i'm going to recommend you go for driver training ( the thing where you sit in a room and get talked down to for 4 hours)".

Which of course, came through in the post as a straight 3 points.

Telling lies to book a driver for a traffic offence. What would that officer do to nail a serial killer?

There's the police's issue.
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Anecdotes aren’t normally useful and maybe that was isn’t Pinkie. What I would say is that your one may be, as it might demonstrate something going on.

I wonder how much service the younger cop had. I wonder if they joined in the last three years where it has been far too easy to pass recruitment processes. Many who have joined in recent years would not have got through the more demanding processes of even three years ago.

Despite the crap pay, stress, lack of support from their seniors, etc I know for a fact there are still lots and lots of idealistic, quality candidates joining BUT the average quality and I’m afraid to say the average integrity of recent recruits is below that of their successors. And of course pay people peanuts as the officer in the LBC video described it and some will be tempted to make their money in more dodgy ways.

Couzens and Carrick are the canaries in the mine. People should worry about what’s to come.
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Getting involved with this sort of nonsense must tie up resources best used elsewhere:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-64757799
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:50 am
I wonder how much service the younger cop had. I wonder if they joined in the last three years where it has been far too easy to pass recruitment processes. Many who have joined in recent years would not have got through the more demanding processes of even three years ago.
I put it down to a casual laziness, a lack of precision due to him not realizing the consequences.

He, effectively, exaggerated to make a point, not appreciating that the Police are not the only ones who take notes and use it as "evidence".

Now, for my part, once the the more senior of the two had explained that Amber meant stop, fair enough, i was bang to rights, but I was irked by the casual way the Amber had been upgraded to Red to make the charge stick.

As i say, I'll be generous, and put it down to laziness, not integrity, but that sort of behaviour breeds mistrust.

FWIW, I believe we need to recruit a whole new police force, in addition to the one we have, with no fewer than 250,000 street cops.

New T's and C's from day one etc but sufficient manpower to do the job properly.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Sorry to detract from the main point but I was told it was legal to go through an amber light, although the actual terminology used is "stop, unless it is insafe to do so".

As long as the light hadn't moved from amber to red whilst you crossed the line, you hadn't broken the rules for traffic lights anyway.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 482 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:12 pm Sorry to detract from the main point but I was told it was legal to go through an amber light, although the actual terminology used is "stop, unless it is insafe to do so".

As long as the light hadn't moved from amber to red whilst you crossed the line, you hadn't broken the rules for traffic lights anyway.
^^^^ That's how I have always treated it, if I am going too fast to safely stop then I'll go through an amber light.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

AMBER means ‘Stop’ at the stop line. You may go on only if the AMBER appears after you have crossed the stop line or are so close to it that to pull up might cause an accident (Highway Code website).