The Police

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2710 likes

Re: The Police

Post by sendô »

The video of the killing of Daniel Shaver - a white man - for having a pellet gun, is one of the most harrowing videos I've seen of American cops murdering an innocent person.

The poor man was ****ing terrified, and tried to comply with the police's complex and difficult orders, until they just shot him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRlSg1Ww_MY
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sendô wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 pm The video of the killing of Daniel Shaver - a white man - for having a pellet gun, is one of the most harrowing videos I've seen of American cops murdering an innocent person.

The poor man was ****ing terrified, and tried to comply with the police's complex and difficult orders, until they just shot him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRlSg1Ww_MY
This is absolutely disgusting and again, I quoted this case, reinforcing my point about the race card being played with George Floyd is misguided. This police department initially sacked this officer but re-instated him after the trial (of which he was found not guilty) and he served for 42 days, during which time he was signed off and honourably discharged, allowing him to pick up a disability pension of $2,500 a month.

Colour doesn't come into it. The police in the USA in many cases, are out of control, don't know the law and in some cases, mentally unstable and not fit to be police officers, let alone be carrying a gun.
Last edited by Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

sendô wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 pm The video of the killing of Daniel Shaver
WTF!! That is absolutely crazy. I'm not even entirely sure what he is shouting.

edit: Just read his father is also a cop. I think ill stop there.
Shabu
Has liked: 4191 likes
Total likes: 2051 likes

Post by Shabu »

Hopefully there won't be major riots as it's still winter.

The local police chief in Memphis said it's worse than the Rodney King beating.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Bloke goes to the park to take photos of sunset then next thing he's beaten to death by the cops. How the f*ck does stuff escalate like that? Now they're saying he wasn't even driving erratically so why pull him over? White on Black racism isn't the issue this time so what caused it? Just crazy.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Let's face it , there won't be any riots over Mr Tyre' Nichols death

Much as there was no looting of JD Sports when Sasha Johnson was shot in the head
Last edited by White Goodman on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

White Goodman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:43 pm Let's face it , there won't be any riots over Mr Tyre' Nichols death
Hopefully not.

During the George Floyd protests plenty of my colleagues went on marches. One in particular they walked from downtown San Diego to La Mesa, a town about 7 miles east. Then turned around & walked back.

A different set of people rioted & tore up La Mesa. They weren't part of the march in either direction.

Some people are going to use any opportunity to loot. It could just be a candlelit vigil (they love those over here) & a bunch of w@nkers see it as an opportunity to get some free stuff.

As I said before, it's cold in most of America right now. That won't stop the decent people from peacefully protesting but will hopefully deter the others from being c*nts.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:17 pm

Some people are going to use any opportunity to loot. It could just be a candlelit vigil (they love those over here) & a bunch of w@nkers see it as an opportunity to get some free stuff.

As I said before, it's cold in most of America right now. That won't stop the decent people from peacefully protesting but will hopefully deter the others from being c*nts.
Surely it is ideal conditions for a nice roaring fire in a shop front or two?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:33 pm Surely it is ideal conditions for a nice roaring fire in a shop front or two?
:lol:

You do have a point.

You just reminded me of an old comedy sketch from about 1980. I think it was Not The Nine O'Clock News.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

This is the photography website of Tyre Nichols. He seemed like a nice bloke who loved seeing the everyday beauty in the world.

https://thiscaliforniakid2.wixsite.com/ ... aphy/about
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:23 pm This is absolutely disgusting and again, I quoted this case, reinforcing my point about the race card being played with George Floyd is misguided. This police department initially sacked this officer but re-instated him after the trial (of which he was found not guilty) and he served for 42 days, during which time he was signed off and honourably discharged, allowing him to pick up a disability pension of $2,500 a month.

Colour doesn't come into it. The police in the USA in many cases, are out of control, don't know the law and in some cases, mentally unstable and not fit to be police officers, let alone be carrying a gun.
Makes the Met seem not that bad..
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:29 am This is the photography website of Tyre Nichols. He seemed like a nice bloke who loved seeing the everyday beauty in the world.

https://thiscaliforniakid2.wixsite.com/ ... aphy/about
I hope his family & friends get full justice.
Not that anything can make up for what happened.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1833 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Videos have now been released, just watched them. F*cking animals, I hope the lot of them spend the rest of their lives in prison!
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

Bunch of thugs. 5 on one skinny bloke? They're big guys as well.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Policing in the US just seems so ****ed up. Everything is confrontational.

Approaching a car after a traffic offence, guns drawn, screaming. Just seems so likely to escalate. Why not ask him to step out the car, walk round the back and have a chat? There are 5 of you ffs.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

I know the police live in an environment in the US where at any time someone can pull out a firearm and start shooting...but for crying out loud, there is no calm rational approach here.

Just 5 big thugs intimidating a scared bloke and making a complete mess of things and the poor guy ends up dying. They couldn't even pepper spray him without hitting each other causing one of them to go in with the baton.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:25 am Policing in the US just seems so ****ed up. Everything is confrontational.

Approaching a car after a traffic offence, guns drawn, screaming. Just seems so likely to escalate. Why not ask him to step out the car, walk round the back and have a chat? There are 5 of you ffs.
Completely agree. However, when your country is so f*cked up that 6 year olds sometimes take guns to school, it's a bit easier to understand why the police over there are so on edge all the time. You'd have thought maybe some Yanks at least would be bright enough to realise that there might be some sort of link between their gun laws ("Get 'em at Walmart, kids!") and the impact on other areas of life. But apparently not. And so it goes on ...
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

smuts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:56 am Bunch of thugs. 5 on one skinny bloke? They're big guys as well.
They obviously never got the black lives matter memo
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this is the reaction that really should have happened following the murder of George Floyd. The realisation of the pure thuggish nature and abuse of power that appears inherently cast within the US police departments.
There is still obviously racists within that organisation, as there is in most places, but that ain’t the big problem. Quite clearly the abuse of power is by far the biggest problem over there. Unfortunately, since the George Floyd reaction taking a racist route, I feel we’ve all been wrongly tarred and society has been unnecessarily diminished as a result.
Anyhow, what exactly was this guy being pulled over for ?
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

Friend or Foé wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:21 am Anyhow, what exactly was this guy being pulled over for ?
Alleged dangerous or reckless driving, although no evidence has been found to prove he was guilty of that offence anyway.