⚽ CAC3: West Ham Utd 2-2 (9-10 pens) Blackburn Rovers (9/11/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Blackburn Rovers: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:21 am I’ve said before. He’s struggling to find the right balance. It takes time but people are so impatient nowadays and the pressure weighs on the players. They get so afraid of making mistakes that that is exactly what happens.
That's it? That's all you honestly see him getting wrong? And deflected back on to the player's and fans impatience I see..
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

IB it was good while it lasted but let's face it the writing's on the wall for Moyes.
PortCityIron
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by PortCityIron »

When the team struggles for goals, everyone tries too hard to score them and it becomes more and more desperate. Players start making irrational decisions because they know there is serious pressure for goals. Manu slides a pass to Scamacca for a tap in after he draws 3 defenders in the box and media duties filled with “win ugly” statements. Because there’s such desperation to open the dam, Manu feels the pressure to shoot and smashes it into one of the many defenders drawn too him. Everyone needs a deep breath
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:30 am That's it? That's all you honestly see him getting wrong? And deflected back on to the player's and fans impatience I see..
It is the exact thing as when he first came in. People were constantly on his back and all I said was, “be patient.” He will sort things out, but it takes time.

As someone else mentioned, Moyes has been doing so much more behind the scenes than just coaching the players.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:41 am It is the exact thing as when he first came in. People were constantly on his back and all I said was, “be patient.” He will sort things out, but it takes time.

As someone else mentioned, Moyes has been doing so much more behind the scenes than just coaching the players.
Yeah, like ****ing off a lot of the fans in the Press.. I would say I'm surprised that's all you think he's got wrong but I'm not.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:45 am Yeah, like ****ing off a lot of the fans in the Press.. I would say I'm surprised that's all you think he's got wrong but I'm not.
If you think that is ****ing off the fans you are very sensitive. Especially when you consider some of the stuff the “fans” say about him!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

This conversation has not a lot to do with the game.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 am This conversation has not a lot to do with the game.
Yup - the same old stale arguments!
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Downes totally failed to clear his lines for the second.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Sounded like we were all over them for a lot of that game. And a lot of the boys stood up and took good pens. One of those things, move on to the more important game at the weekend.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Korea Hammer wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:08 am Sounded like we were all over them for a lot of that game. And a lot of the boys stood up and took good pens. One of those things, move on to the more important game at the weekend.
more important?
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:01 am So 3 games in a week for Zouma, with a dodgy knee ? Thats a lot of work for Bowen as well, and Cresswell.

How confident are you about Johnsons passing ability ?

What did Scamacca do against Palace that justifies his inclusion ?
I don't care about a lot of work. We have 6 weeks off and we haven't even played half a season yet.

How about we just put out our best and try and actually win? Novel concept I know. Losing a ton of games chopping the team up but hey, everyone's nice and fit for their Christmas holidays right?

Not greatly confident in Johnson's passing ability but more confident in him not to give away a massive chance every game like Kehrer at the moment. That was the closest decision in the lineup.

Scamacca got subbed at half time by a silly manager who can't see the forest for the trees and understand why his highly regarded big money centre forward cuts a lonely figure up there. My lineup helps remedy that by removing a player who can't play football very well at the moment for someone who can.

We're absolute dog at the moment and after yet another terrible loss - this time against a Championship team at home - it's strange that people are questioned over questioning a lineup and/or tactics that contributed to it.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:02 am Can't have watched Aguerd's opening 5 tonight either.
Do you suggest Dawson? Shall we just ignore him gifting a goal last week?

Zouma and Aguerd are by all accounts, supposed to be our two best. I thought Aguerd being out is a major reason why Moyes has struggled and why we should be accepting of this rubbish form?

Or is Aguerd yet another big money clanger dropped by the manager?

Can't have it both ways.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

The highlights were :grin:

Even against a second tier side we are still the same team.

First goal, I'm certain I saw our entire team inside our own half, when they managed to thread a ball straight through....wow.
Our first goal, classic Antonio. He fires a pass into the unknown, hitting one of their players, for then us to hit the rebound. Nice.
That Coufal cross....he should have been taken straight off after that pass. No need for him to carry on.

The second half with Antonio running the ball straight into their keeper, Benrahma not hitting the goal from inside the box...Deja vu...
Lanzini not seeing Scamacca standing alone inside their box, disappointing.
Their second goal was...did someone place a bet on two two? Downes, Johnson....was that supposed to be defending a lead?

And were these chances all we had to show for, after 90 minutes?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Grauniad doesn't even consider it worth a match report.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2950 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:21 am I’ve said before. He’s struggling to find the right balance. It takes time but people are so impatient nowadays and the pressure weighs on the players. They get so afraid of making mistakes that that is exactly what happens.
Reasonable post, by the way.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

For a goalie who's quite on his toes during play, Areola is bloody hopeless at penalties. Almost every one was a just a half hearted sort of dive onto his knees.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Feel sure fab would've saved one if them
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 212 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:45 am Downes totally failed to clear his lines for the second.
Johnson could’ve at least attempted to put a boot in as well to be fair.