WC of WH Players: Group 30

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WC of WH Players: Group 30

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 am

JOHN SISSONS
11%
MANUEL LANZINI
46%
JAMES TOMKINS
7%
ALAN TAYLOR
36%

Total votes: 70

Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Re: WC of WH Players: Group 30

Post by Korea Hammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:47 am This is the first vote that has surprised me
Yes.

The others that I found a bit surprising have been:

Parris over Hartson
Pop coming ahead of Carlton
Ludo beating Antonio
Johnny Byrne edging it over Bowen

I suppose Lanzini has been here 8 years now, and built up a lot of affection.

I wonder if some of the other current players would have done even better a year ago - only 3 have progressed out of 30 so far, a fairly skinny return considering the 'Is this our best squad ever' debate. Althjough, the competition lends itself to nostalgia, I suppose.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Re: WC of WH Players: Group 30

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:01 am Yes.

The others that I found a bit surprising have been:

Parris over Hartson
Pop coming ahead of Carlton
Ludo beating Antonio
Johnny Byrne edging it over Bowen

I suppose Lanzini has been here 8 years now, and built up a lot of affection.

I wonder if some of the other current players would have done even better a year ago - only 3 have progressed out of 30 so far, a fairly skinny return considering the 'Is this our best squad ever' debate. Althjough, the competition lends itself to nostalgia, I suppose.
Not that much of a surprise... I'd have voted Lanzini. I, like many others I'm sure, are young enough to never have seen 2 of those in the list. I'd imagine that most people favourite would be one that they have fond memories of... and not one that they have no memory of because it was before their time.