Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

last.caress wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:09 pm
Is that canned laughter or real audience laughter? If its real then our septic friends really do laugh at anything. :shocker:
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 653 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

I loved the first three but I can't get beyond the tag Ford got ( with others) of Geriatric Action Hero in the ITV series 'Headcases' a decade or two ago.

As someone else mentioned River Phoenix maybe the best way to keep the franchise going would be to find a good young actor and remake some of the Young Indiana Jones series for the big screen?
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

brothernero wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:21 pm Looks awful.

From what I have read it is about time travel. Phoebe Waller bridge is going to play his side kick with the view being she will become a female version of Indiana Jones for the next set of movies.
She needs to play it like she did in Fleabag and talk to the auidence. First time she cracks the whip she should look at the camera and say ‘kinky’.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1240 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by last.caress »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:03 am Is that canned laughter or real audience laughter? If its real then our septic friends really do laugh at anything. :shocker:
It's a real audience - I don't think they do canned anymore - but they're strongly encouraged to absolutely piss themselves laughing at every single joke beat. I think that's how sitcom tapings work over there, anyway.

She's right about Raiders of the Lost Ark though. :)
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2577 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

last.caress wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 am She's right about Raiders of the Lost Ark though. :)
She is... but at the same time she's over-thinking it and failing to understand that what she's discovered doesn't really matter.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1868 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

ironsonthebrain wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 am I loved the first three but I can't get beyond the tag Ford got ( with others) of Geriatric Action Hero in the ITV series 'Headcases' a decade or two ago.

As someone else mentioned River Phoenix maybe the best way to keep the franchise going would be to find a good young actor and remake some of the Young Indiana Jones series for the big screen?
Chris Pratt was mooted a while back, and I wouldn't be vaguely surprised if he ends up taking over at some point. Bit too goofy for the role (IMO), but does the non-threatening action hero type pretty well, and is popular with audiences (which is pretty much the only concern nowadays).
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1868 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

last.caress wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 amShe's right about Raiders of the Lost Ark though. :)
I really wish I hadn't just watched that clip.
Whitters
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Whitters »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:39 am Chris Pratt was mooted a while back, and I wouldn't be vaguely surprised if he ends up taking over at some point. Bit too goofy for the role (IMO), but does the non-threatening action hero type pretty well, and is popular with audiences (which is pretty much the only concern nowadays).
He would have been perfectly suited to the part of Nathan Drake in the 'Indiana Jones-like' Uncharted movie rather than Tom Holland. Looks, build and character-wise he would have been spot on to the character from the games