Christmas No 1

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Christmas No 1

Post by billybondsballbag »

This meant a lot when I was growing up and got completely devalued when Simon Cowell had his 12-week promo campaign running. But it's been a bit lively in the last few years, especially with The K*nts campaign over the last two years. They're back this year, as is that sausage roll chap and a few of the usual suspects. If England win the WC or even make the final, it will be Baddiel, Skinner, & Broudie IMHO, but there's a few outside runners and riders who could upset the pack. Latest odds HERE.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1605 likes

Re: Christmas No 1

Post by alf git »

I can't remember the last time i knew what was number 1 on the hit parade.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

I will voice a very unpopular opinion by saying that I actually like the Mariah Carey song.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 873 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I really like Jason Manford’s Assembly Bangers mash up.

It’s for the Trussell Trust which is same charity that the sausage roll guy has been raising money for over last few crimbos. Be good to see someone different at the top. Manford’s effort is complete cheesy but it’s a wonderful trip down memory lane with some school assembly hymns that take me back to my primary school days. Every time I hear it on the radio it makes me smile.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:55 pm I really like Jason Manford’s Assembly Bangers mash up.

It’s for the Trussell Trust which is same charity that the sausage roll guy has been raising money for over last few crimbos. Be good to see someone different at the top. Manford’s effort is complete cheesy but it’s a wonderful trip down memory lane with some school assembly hymns that take me back to my primary school days. Every time I hear it on the radio it makes me smile.
Christmas songs should be daft and cheesy. It's the one time of year when people loosen up enough to just enjoy stuff rather than sniffily critiquing it. And Manford will probably donate all of the money as well, rather than a small fraction. :thup:
billybondsballbag
MILF lover

vietnammer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:27 pm I will voice a very unpopular opinion by saying that I actually like the Mariah Carey song.
It's a banger. Definitely up there with the best of them!
billybondsballbag
MILF lover

alf git wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:46 pm I can't remember the last time i knew what was number 1 on the hit parade.
The chart doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to - kids don't know what's number 1 either, it's not just you - but Christmas number 1 is one that I could remember every year of from Ernie through to Cliff at the Millenium. Then shortly after, Pop Idol and X Factor started and ruined it for the best part of a decade.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Used to mean something but doesn't anymore since Popidol/X Factor and that painfully unfunny sausage roll bloke

We did get a couple of years where it was charity songs and that was alright
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:55 pm Every time I hear it on the radio it makes me smile.
I wonder how many listen to the radio these days? what with streaming, pod casts and stuff.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

vietnammer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:27 pm I will voice a very unpopular opinion by saying that I actually like the Mariah Carey song.
Question One: What particular type of drugs are you taking?

Question Two: Can I get some?
kenthammer
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by kenthammer »

Fussy pits,the kunts!! feck me I am getting old