🏆Match #60: Quarter Final - England v France (10/12/22, 7pm)

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

JohnLyall
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: 🏆Match #60: Quarter Final - England v France (10/12/22, 7pm)

Post by JohnLyall »

fmgod wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:26 pm We still really lack a midfielder who can run a game, Rice is brilliant at winning the ball, keeping it ticking but we lack a Modric etc who can run the game, for me Bellingham is great but the hyperbole is far too much currently but Rice, Bellingham and one other who can conduct a game going forward
I think Foden could play that role as he hasn’t really got the pace to be a winger like a Rashford or Saka.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

fmgod wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:26 pm We still really lack a midfielder who can run a game, Rice is brilliant at winning the ball, keeping it ticking but we lack a Modric etc who can run the game, for me Bellingham is great but the hyperbole is far too much currently but Rice, Bellingham and one other who can conduct a game going forward
It'd definitely Bellingham. Closest thing we've ever had since Gazza and this boy has the potential to be even better and I predict he will be. Rooney (although as a Striker) was almost that man to run a game for us regularly but lost his early magic in Poetugal and never really regained it for England sadly at major Tournaments. I truly believe Bellingham will be different and perform on the world stage more consistently.
D C
Has liked: 1095 likes
Total likes: 1431 likes

Post by D C »

Bellingham’s never going to conduct a game like a Modric though, despite many promising midfielders England don’t have anyone capable of that Modric/Xavi role but most teams don’t tbf
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He can dominate games but in his own way from Midfield. He lit up this World Cup as a young newcomer and was running the show for us already from Midfield and he only turned 19 in the summer.
JohnLyall
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by JohnLyall »

pbenjy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:18 pm You can’t blame Kane. Unfortunately for him, he has never played for a club with a winning mentality.

If Levy had let him join Man City, you can guarantee that he would have slotted that second pen.
Exactly. You can’t have a serial loser and bottler as England captain. The pressure was greater for Kane taking such a vital penalty as he’s not won anything. To not even work the keeper…