⚽ MSF: Fulham 1-1 West Ham Utd (17/12/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Peaches »

Losing Scamacca was awful. But so was our first half performance. Second half much better.
Positives were Coufal looking back to himself and Soucek looking like he’s getting back to where he was.
Negatives: Benrahma is equal parts brilliant and diabolical, and our squad depth is non existent with Ogbonna and Lanzini no longer up to standard and Cornet, Zouma and Antonio extremely injury prone.
The biggest observation is that we desperately need another striker and to get a lot younger especially in defence
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:51 pm We also don’t anyone to replace him on the right.
Vs Arsenal, Bowen central to counter and Fornals playing on the right might be a better option than Scamacca anyway.
We will see little of the ball and Bowen will run the channels.

As long as Scamacca is back for Brentford
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Peaches wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:00 pm and our squad depth is non existent with Ogbonna and Lanzini no longer up to standard and Cornet, Zouma and Antonio extremely injury prone.
Squad depth is fine imo apart from centre back.
No Rice, Paqueta, Aguerd, Antonio, Cresswell, Cornet and Kehrer. Likey 5 of those are starters.
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Lovejoy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:48 pm Why? His best position is wide right. He has hardly been great when through the middle.
Because ( given a run ) his pace and finishing could / would maybe ? Scare the Beejaysus out of a number of Premier League central defenders

Just an opinion Mr McShane 😘
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

JLCABA wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm Because ( given a run ) his pace and finishing could / would maybe ? Scare the Beejaysus out of a number of Premier League central defenders

Just an opinion Mr McShane 😘

Well I get it’s an opinion which is fair enough but all his best football has been played wide right, in our side Bowen up top just doesn’t work. The fact we might have to play him there is an illustration how poor our recruitment has been recently.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I doubt we’d have a better third-choice striker than Bowen if we’d bought one. Especially as Cornet is probably our third-choice, really, and possibly isn’t better.

With the players who’ll come back, we have cover. Benny can play on the right, Fornals has obviously got a long track record out wide for us, we have options.

And Brooko is right, style against Arsenal will be very different, anyway. Much more counter, which works with Bowen and Fornals anyway.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4739 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Lovejoy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:20 pm Well I get it’s an opinion which is fair enough but all his best football has been played wide right, in our side Bowen up top just doesn’t work. The fact we might have to play him there is an illustration how poor our recruitment has been recently.
To be fair it's hard to legislate for three striker options out injured. If Tottenham had Kane, Son and Richarlison out who would they have up front?
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Bowen was invisible the first half of the season. Wherever he plays is irrelevant to me if he’s going to continue where he left off.

As for the Scamacca injury, that’s just typical. Can’t say I’m surprised.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Trouble we also have injuries in defence :rain:
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:51 pm To be fair it's hard to legislate for three striker options out injured. If Tottenham had Kane, Son and Richarlison out who would they have up front?
We needed 2 forwards in the summer, we’d played for 18 months in a makeshift one in Antonio.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Was scamaccas an impact injury? How bad was it?

And where was Antonio. I'm sure I'm not alone in hearing the rumours but I just hope they are not true.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:51 pm Was scamaccas an impact injury? How bad was it?

And where was Antonio. I'm sure I'm not alone in hearing the rumours but I just hope they are not true.
Rumours?
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:51 pm Was scamaccas an impact injury? How bad was it?

Hopefully just rumours
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

What rumours?
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

simon hammer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:04 pm What rumours?
The one Hugh just started?
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Didn’t see the game but reading the reports brought home to me that I haven't missed watching us turgidly try to string more than one pass going forward. Or indeed to watch other teams’ strikers waltzing through our ineffective defence. I’m finding it harder and harder to care after 50 plus years as a supporter. :(
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

Just got home,a decent run out and I thought we played some decent stuff ,as for Scamacca I not sure ,although it was a reckless challenge and also an unnecessary challenge in the context of the match I don’t think it was a serious one,in the second half he was sitting in the cottage watching the game.
I got to say it was a fabulous turnout by our fans today for a friendly match and all the problems of getting there and back.
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by Pob! »

From West ham on Scamacca "He just rolled his ankle, so we are not quite sure, but we were not taking any chances," speaking post-match at Craven Cottage.

"We don't know the severity of it just yet, but we will get a better idea in the next couple of days and we will go from there."

Michail Antonio missing out as a precaution with a tight calf.

"You don't want to get injuries, with a difficult run of games coming up, but hopefully these won't be too long,"

"Aaron [Cresswell] went off at Cambridge with a tight hamstring. He is progressing well, but this game came a bit early for him.

"Maxwel [Cornet] has a calf problem which has been a bit longer term, but he has been in and doing a level of training. It has been frustrating for him, along with everyone else. He won't be fit for the next couple of games, I wouldn't think, but hopefully he won't be too far away."
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I have not started a rumour. Absolute b*llocks.
And I'm on a hiding to nothing passing it on. So I won't.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Maxwell Cornet has not been far away for about 3 months.