⚽ MSF: Fulham 1-1 West Ham Utd (17/12/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Ilford Paolo »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:20 pm No idea mate not watching! Apparently a bad tackle by Diop (according to twitter!)
I was there and it didn't look like a bad tackle.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

KDB played for City today. Where's Kehrer for us? Didn't they both go out at the group stages?

Bowen has played down the middle for us several times. What's surprising is that it comes as a surprise to some people when he's played in that position....
Ilford Paolo

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Peaches wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:42 pm Thought Emerson was decent. I still want to know what has Lanzini offered. Has to be the next one subbed off. I was there and thought he had a decent game
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:56 pm I have not started a rumour. Absolute b*llocks.
And I'm on a hiding to nothing passing it on. So I won't.
Why say anything in the first place then??
Ilford Paolo

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Oldun wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:33 pm Just got home,a decent run out and I thought we played some decent stuff ,as for Scamacca I not sure ,although it was a reckless challenge and also an unnecessary challenge in the context of the match I don’t think it was a serious one,in the second half he was sitting in the cottage watching the game.
I got to say it was a fabulous turnout by our fans today for a friendly match and all the problems of getting there and back.
The omens weren't good for me when my ticket hadn't arrived yesterday and I had to wait 20 mins for a west bound train at Gants Hill but I am glad I went and I reckon we had just as many supporters there as them.
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

Ilford Paolo wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:01 pm I was there and it didn't look like a bad tackle.
I was there and I have watched it again and it a reckless unnecessary challenge,typical Diop .
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1364 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Poor first half, better second, and we did seem to be trying to play better football. Difficult to judge with half the likely starting team at L’Arse missing, but thought Bowen looked much nearer his best, Emerson solid bar allowing the cross for their goal too easily, and Coufal has benefited from a break. Downes neat and tidy but again played more advanced with Soucek holding. Fornals and Benny had classy moments. Downside our two centre backs struggle against any sort of pace so let’s hope Aguerd & Kehrer are fit, and Lanzini just looks a shadow of what he was. Think Fulham were far nearer full strength than us, so a draw not bad, friendly aside.
Scamacca injury didn’t look that bad as he walked past us, but you never know, the one mystifying everyone is Cornet, we are heading for 3 months for a calf strain, the club don’t have to comment but right now that £17m looks less than great value, and he’s a player I really thought would play a big part.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:56 pm I have not started a rumour. Absolute b*llocks.
Chill, it was a funny reply is all.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Anyone know what the World Cup players rules/guidance was?

Seems Arsenal had Ramsdale, Ben White (know he flew home early), Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka playing in their friendly against Juventus today.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Dec was watching the game in the stands so I guess he’ll be back training Monday.

Kehrer has had videos on his Instagram of him doing some individual training last few days but think he’s still away (guess he could be back Monday?).

Paqueta is still in Qatar as far as I can see from pictures on his Instagram.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

hammer1975 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:33 pm Anyone know what the World Cup players rules/guidance was?

Seems Arsenal had Ramsdale, Ben White (know he flew home early), Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka playing in their friendly against Juventus today.
Surely it's the clubs choice whether the players played.
Makes sense to me our world cup players didn't feature, they are match fit and need a brief break before getting back at it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Goalscoring still remains a problem
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

So nothing to hear then?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Seems just another training session for the non-World Cuppers. The fact Bowen is getting back to form will be massive. Even not at his best he has been one of our most important players.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4736 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Lovejoy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 pm We needed 2 forwards in the summer, we’d played for 18 months in a makeshift one in Antonio.
Antonio isn't makeshift, he'll say himself he's a striker.

We signed Scamacca and Cornet who spent chunks of last season upfront where Burnley fans say he plays best.

As I said, hard to legislate for three options out.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:40 pm
Paqueta is still in Qatar as far as I can see from pictures on his Instagram.
What for? Is he sounding an air horn outside the Argie Hotel during the night or something? :eh:
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2071 likes
Total likes: 689 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

Shock.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 300 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

hammer1975 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:33 pm Anyone know what the World Cup players rules/guidance was?

Don’t think there are any ‘rules’ per se. Just the clubs discretion

I’d imagine we’ll have Rice, Kherer and Paqueta available for Arsenal. Aguerd will be dependant on his injury
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I know its a friendly and yes their main purpose is squad fitness, although i would have liked to have thought the manager could have used these to try new tactics and some of the kids in the spots of the missing world cup players, like for like, but no. i’ve watched all of them and i’m genuinely very concerned that despite the positive results, nothing is being fixed and nothing new is happening, its same old same old.

Our genuine strikers are struggling and the manager wont give our young strikers more time.
emerson is giving us less than cresswell.
Although not so much in defence v fulham as previous matches, we are still giving away horrendous passes to the opposition.
Our attacking players are also doing this as well as continually losing posession or not completing simple final balls.
We keep ending up with more attacking players not keeping up with attacks and often ending up in defence.

To put it simply we are a shambles. And getting players back or new players in isn’t going to fix it. Its down to the manager to get much better out of all the players we have and improve tactics, formation etc and try some new things, but i don’t see it happening.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:42 pm Goalscoring still remains a problem
Not to mention a leaking defence and a stuttering midfield this season.