⚽ FAC3: Brentford 0-1 West Ham Utd (7/1/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3090 likes

Re: ⚽ Brentford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by MB »

The attitude of the league being more important is bizarre. They have a team which has shown it can beat anyone on their day and they don't want the manager to have a good go in the cup? I don't get it.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 462 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Weird oppo view, don't get me wrong, they have a decent team with a good coach but they aren't getting top 7... the FA cup might have been their best way to get into Europe.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

MB wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:45 pm The attitude of the league being more important is bizarre. They have a team which has shown it can beat anyone on their day and they don't want the manager to have a good go in the cup? I don't get it.
From what I can see, some do and some don't. A little like us then.
Both sides were not at full strength and the conditions were awful. Nothing to say they would have won if they had their 'A' team out, may have lost by more.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:21 am The opposition view: Brentford
They've gone the fastest from 0 - delusional in years. They aren't even as consistently successful or difficult to beat as Burnley were up to a couple of seasons ago.

As someone else said, their fans are quickly becoming the new Reading. Hopefully they head the same way.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Quite Simple really...Putting a So Called "Weakened" side out in a game you "Really want to win" is I'm afraid a f*** Up...or Naively stupid.
DM wanted to win and put what he considered a Strongish side out...not a full strenth one, a Strong one with enough to win
in his estimation,which we did.

Thats just Logic...Not Rocket Science a game of footie is it..Cup is series of one off must win games...League is series of 38 games,
Maybe take a fresh look at it Thomas... :wink:
If you wanna fully concentrate on the League..fair enough,but don't whinge and blame game when you lose your cup games.

Shame, have a soft spot for Brentford and what they are acheiving,But used to like and admire Harry as well..... :lol: