Summer 2023/24 Transfer Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: Summer Rebuild 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes: “I wouldn’t listen to all of that. But there’s part of that, I would say yes, I think I would like to a little bit more of British players or homegrown players if we possibly could.”

"I wouldn’t set out to take one of them if I saw something better or I thought there was a better alternative."

“Of course. I don’t see us being huge spenders maybe, but I don’t really think that will be the situation this year.”

"Where we can and where we need to add to the squad, then we will do so."

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... ore-target
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Turkish media are running that we're in talks with Fenerbahce right back Ferdi Kadioglu.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Is he actually a right back though?

:D

Looks a talent, and versatile too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ferdi-k ... ler/369316
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Wish Moyes would shut up about not being big spenders. For every Chelsea there is a Leicester and `Everton that is you have to spend or you die and we are losing ours best player ffs
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Marky wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:18 am Wish Moyes would shut up about not being big spenders. For every Chelsea there is a Leicester and `Everton that is you have to spend or you die and we are losing ours best player ffs
You want him to come out and say we are going to spend loads?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Marky

Post by Marky »

westlondonhammer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:39 am You want him to come out and say we are going to spend loads?
Option 3 say nowt

Saying what he says undermines ambitions of playing staff saying opposite makes you get ripped off
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:05 am Turkish media are running that we're in talks with Fenerbahce right back Ferdi Kadioglu.
He’s too shy, shy
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Turkish media have never gotten anything right. I've lost count of the amount of alleged targets from Turkey we've been linked to over the last few seasons. Never amounts to anything. Pay no notice.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Tavares? Reckon we could get a tune out of him, looks like he's got all the right moves...........

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Marky wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:31 am Option 3 say nowt

Saying what he says undermines ambitions of playing staff saying opposite makes you get ripped off
So he gets asked in a pre-match interview about Summer planning and you want him to just say "Nope. Not today."

What he says in public and what gets said to the players behind close doors are likely very different.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Moyes inference of not spending big is probably a denial that we're selling Rice?

I'm bizarrely optimistic of a good window, at least I mean it seems there could be a lot of good players available at 'do-able' prices. Chuck Djibril Sow in the mix for under 20m when he was touted at 30m last year (had a poor season so far). Problem is if we get the Rice money, selling clubs will take the piss ramping up prices to us.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes probably isn’t too far off what will be the reality this summer, as we know we may have to bring some homegrown players in, which isn’t exactly breaking news. Plus, if we’re not signing as much players as last summer, we may well not be spending as much as we did then. It probably wasn’t what a lot of us didn’t already suspect. But at least we’ve heard it officially now from the horses mouth.

Then again, Moyes did say prior to last summer’s window: “another couple of players.”https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 99964.html

8/9 signings later…… :D
Hammer992
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by Hammer992 »

BalaamBoy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:23 pm Leeds - Harrison and Ayling
Don't forget Tyler Adams
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Is Tavares really as bad as is suggested?

Arsenal won 8 of the 13 games he started last year, and four of the losses were Newcastle, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs away. The other was Palace , also away.

Is that him being bad,or Arsenal having no bottle when the going gets tough?
e20too
Has liked: 665 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by e20too »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:08 pm Brighton got the data, but also a decent amount of scouts going to games across Europe. So they use data
complement the work the scouts do.
Agreed you can’t just use data (though be nice to see West Ham actually use some) it’s a complement to, not a replacement of picking the right players, otherwise you would simply already have Ai doing your scouting job for you, indeed even managing your football team. Mind you give it another decade who knows. Indeed with Musk, Figure and others expecting to launch Android robots before the end of this decade you might actually have the prospect of a physical electronic Manager on the touch line with access to back room server level Ai continually updating information to dictate tactics. A sort of futuristic Sam Allardyce.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hamburger wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:14 am Chuck Djibril Sow in the mix for under 20m when he was touted at 30m last year (had a poor season so far).
Wonder if he's being played higher up the pitch this season and that doesn't suit him as much?

I notice his defensive stats have declined compared to the previous two seasons, however he seems to be scoring more and his shots per game stat has improved.
Marky

Post by Marky »

None of us really know who dictates transfer policy out of Sullivan Moyes Newman. Who decides how many and how much? I suspect it’s Sullivan and will be again.

My point is if we keep Rice I think we need a handful but without him it’s a huge transition. I think without him and without replacing him properly we will be relegated. he is that good
Marky

Post by Marky »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:48 am Is Tavares really as bad as is suggested?

Arsenal won 8 of the 13 games he started last year, and four of the losses were Newcastle, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs away. The other was Palace , also away.

Is that him being bad,or Arsenal having no bottle when the going gets tough?
It’s just quality of French league. If you look great i it are you that good? For very Guimares there is an NDombele
BusterKnutt
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by BusterKnutt »

:heartshaped;
Marky wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:22 am It’s just quality of French league. If you look great i it are you that good? For very Guimares there is an NDombele
Le TGV