ULEZ

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Re: ULEZ

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

delbert wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:16 pm Just as well super khan has discovered a way to turn £12.50 into clean air as opposed to just making it disappear into thin air.......
Is he spending it on AdBlue?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Dad joke. Ahem. Not living in London I'd never heard of ULEZ so I thought it must be a gay women's dating site.

Goodnight.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

£12.50?? Cost me 15 notes on Saturday, what did I do wrong?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:25 pm £12.50?? Cost me 15 notes on Saturday, what did I do wrong?
£15 is congestion charge.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

silly sausage...ta :thup:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:43 pm silly sausage...ta :thup:
Is ULEZ free on the weekend?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

erm...I guess I will find out soon...
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Just checked, my car is ok to drive in the "zone"
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:32 am Just checked, my car is ok to drive in the "zone"
there is a surprising amount of cars that are

someone at work was told his car wasnt.. changed it then turns out it was lol was a glitch with his private plate
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:32 am Just checked, my car is ok to drive in the "zone"
ULEZ DAZN

(Its in the game)
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Is that a play on EA Sports Jonah? As that's all I am getting...
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Sorry Clackers - it needed some context - It's just my personal irk with how that sports channel spells its name, suppose I'm not down with the kids. Pretty **** post to be fair and has nothing at all to do with the Clean Air tax. :D
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Got a thing from a mate today. Someone has decided to give their non-compliant but reliable 2002 Ford Focus to Sidiq Khan and TfL, new log book is on it's way to TfL headquarters in London. Khan is now the owner and registered keeper. The car is still taxed, insured and MOT'd and the owner will continue to drive it until Khan comes to pick it up.

Apparently this is all fully legal. Be interesting to see how that develops. Can you imagine thousands of non-complient ULEZ cars getting registered to Khan :crylol:
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by Prob »

Didn't think road tax transferred over to the new owner, been that way since 2014. So that car won't have insurance now.

not sure it is worth the risk of getting a pull for driving with no insurance over something so small
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Prob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:49 pm Didn't think road tax transferred over to the new owner, been that way since 2014. So that car won't have insurance now.

not sure it is worth the risk of getting a pull for driving with no insurance over something so small
Could get Khan on as a name driver. Problem solved.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:23 pm Got a thing from a mate today. Someone has decided to give their non-compliant but reliable 2002 Ford Focus to Sidiq Khan and TfL, new log book is on it's way to TfL headquarters in London. Khan is now the owner and registered keeper. The car is still taxed, insured and MOT'd and the owner will continue to drive it until Khan comes to pick it up.

Apparently this is all fully legal. Be interesting to see how that develops. Can you imagine thousands of non-complient ULEZ cars getting registered to Khan :crylol:
It's not legal in the slightest. It's fraud. It's a false declaration to DVSA. Among other offences, which are so numerous, I cannot be arsed to type them all out.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:54 pm It's not legal in the slightest. It's fraud. It's a false declaration to DVSA. Among other offences, which are so numerous, I cannot be arsed to type them all out.
I get amused by people telling me things are legal, or things like where there is blame there is a claim.

Statutory defences go over the heads of some people who think it must be true because someone said it in the pub.

Here is a typical myth. Your insurance is invalid if you drive in snow.

Oh ok then if you say so.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

bonzosbeard wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:04 pm
....must be true because someone said it in the pub.

Here is a typical myth. Your insurance is invalid if you drive in snow.

Oh ok then if you say so.
Chinese whispers, init.

Started when John the claims assessor was talking about a claim he was dealing with regarding a polar bear and the artic down the pub one night.

Went crazy from there.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Heard Khan on the radio yesterday, and for once I agreed with everything he said about WHY he's introducing this tax, in regards of the health implications having dirty diesel cars in London and its boroughs.

Then he went and ruined it. :fsake:

He tried making the comparison to the ban on smoking cigarettes in pubs/restaurants etc to implementing this additional fee to the congestion charge.

Thats a nonsense. As I've said previously, if he's genuinely serious about the health of Londoners then BAN dirty cars altogether. To charge another £12 will not make the air cleaner or healthier, it just puts money in his pocket.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Saw an article warning of "french style unrest" over ulez .. just really sums up the state of this country.

The majority of normal people do they give a rat's that companies have been allowed to dump sewage in our rivers?

Do they overly care about their rights being erroded away?

But you tell Joe public right you can't drive this standard of car but all these are fine.. right that's it!! Let's go mental.

I know of people who can afford to change their car, but just don't want to so have said meh they will pay every day

A guy I know he drives old cars he going to sell one (he drives through ulez every day) and instead buy an even older one to get the classic exemption. Before the extension he drove to work every day in it, (still does) his mpg is that of a tank and he pays the ulez daily .. he litterally could keep his cars for the weekend and have leased a small car just to commute and still be cheaper.

Almost respect khan for ignoring the morons and ploughing ahead with it.