ULEZ

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Re: ULEZ

Post by ironsonthebrain »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:05 pm Always the same

They said khan should stop the over 60s free travel as it costs too much

Who brought it in? Checks notes oh right .. Boris . In and election bribe
Johnson also ended the Western extension to the congestion charge as a mayoral election bribe.
London air quality deteriorated as a consequence - but I don't suppose he gave a monkey's.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ion-report
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

ironsonthebrain wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:41 pm Johnson also ended the Western extension to the congestion charge as a mayoral election bribe.
London air quality deteriorated as a consequence - but I don't suppose he gave a monkey's.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ion-report
What's the difference between an election pledge and an election bribe?
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1867 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

delbert wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:45 pm What's the difference between an election pledge and an election bribe?
Depends if you benefit from it or not.
delbert

Post by delbert »

Here's the little **** at his petulant best:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 64429.html
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

I'm pretty left leaning but even I can't stand the two faced self promoting hypocritical little weasel.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

delbert wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:59 am Here's the little **** at his petulant best:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 64429.html
Standard left wing approach these days

Protest against another restriction on freedoms, you must be a far-right, fascist, bigot, conspiracy theorist.

Happened with the lockdown protests, the trucker protests, the farmer protests, the GRR protests and now this.
YGNB
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by YGNB »

Just your every day normal bloke Piers Morgan in Romford. Absolutely no antivaxer cranks involved at all

alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1593 likes

Post by alf git »

YGNB wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:13 pm Just your every day normal bloke Piers Morgan in Romford. Absolutely no antivaxer cranks involved at all

Getting your Piers mixed up there :grin:
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Prob »

Holding placards that including swastikas on outside the meeting is pretty far right. I know by current Tory standards it may make them look like centre right

Khan did say this "Some of those outside are part of the far-right"

Which is true as there were some far right people outside, but of course the Tories and those who dislike Khan have jumped on it and using it to push their own agenda.

I am no fan of Khan, but the level of abuse he gets from some sections is vile, and it is the reason why he has a far higher level of security. Its not helped by current Tory politcians
delbert

Post by delbert »

The same placard that also displayed the unmentioned (and slightly larger) hammer and sickle? That simply suggests the placard holder is far out there more than far right.........
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 494 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Prob wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:55 pm Holding placards that including swastikas on outside the meeting is pretty far right. I know by current Tory standards it may make them look like centre right
So you're suggesting Tory standards are worse than the Nazis?

Have a word with yourself.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

YGNB wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:13 pm Just your every day normal bloke Piers Morgan in Romford. Absolutely no antivaxer cranks involved at all

I would have thought Piers Morgan has better things to do with his time.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Transport for Wales have put in a 50mph limit on the M4 through Newport on the grounds of pollution.

This section has quite a few gradients, and therefore at 50MPH, you have to be in 5th gear rather than 6th.

On similar sections with identical type gradients, at 70mph in 6th with momentum, I can cruise even up the hills at anything between 50mpg and 70mpg according to the live mpg on my dashboard.

Going through this Newport section with the reduced 50mph speed limit, I drop to as low as 35-45mpg in 5th.

TfW have now said they're going to monitor pollution levels and are considering a ULEZ along that stretch and start charging non-complient vehicles.

It all seems so contrived, by coming up with a speed limit that causes you to burn more fuel because of the topography and gear you have to be in at the speed limit set 🤦‍♂️
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

-DL- wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:47 am Transport for Wales have put in a 50mph limit on the M4 through Newport on the grounds of pollution.

This section has quite a few gradients, and therefore at 50MPH, you have to be in 5th gear rather than 6th.

On similar sections with identical type gradients, at 70mph in 6th with momentum, I can cruise even up the hills at anything between 50mpg and 70mpg according to the live mpg on my dashboard.

Going through this Newport section with the reduced 50mph speed limit, I drop to as low as 35-45mpg in 5th.

TfW have now said they're going to monitor pollution levels and are considering a ULEZ along that stretch and start charging non-complient vehicles.

It all seems so contrived, by coming up with a speed limit that causes you to burn more fuel because of the topography and gear you have to be in at the speed limit set 🤦‍♂️
So annoying. Let's come up with things to tax the poor more. Buy a brand new car or we'll charge you.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

bonzosbeard wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:44 pm So annoying. Let's come up with things to tax the poor more. Buy a brand new car or we'll charge you.
buy a brand new car and then we'll find new ways of taxing you...
delbert

Post by delbert »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 70682.html
Mr Khan told the Standard: “One of the joys of living in a democracy is that you can oppose things and do it in a way that is loud, vocal – you can have petitions and protests.
And one of the joys of being a short arsed arrogant bundle of rancid twot is ignoring those protests and petitions and fiddling your own reports.......
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 706 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:04 pm Well, well, well ...

https://www.londonworld.com/news/traffi ... al-4094128
Hopefully it'll be the beginning of the end for that sack of shi7 Khan.
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by Big George »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65296752
Air pollution causes harm to people at all stages of life, researchers from Imperial College London have found.

The report, commissioned by the Greater London Authority, found exposure to certain particles could lead to miscarriages, cause low sperm count and stunt children's lung growth.

Later in adulthood, it could also cause chronic illnesses, cancer and strokes.

In response, the government said it fully understood the importance of improving air quality.

The team from Imperial's Environmental Research Group looked at evidence from more than 35,000 studies over 10 years.

As part of the research, the team looked at studies from the World Health Organisation (WHO), the UK Committee on the Medical Effects of Air Pollution (COMEAP), the Royal College of Physicians (RCP), the Health Effects Institute, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
delbert

Post by delbert »

Just as well super khan has discovered a way to turn £12.50 into clean air as opposed to just making it disappear into thin air.......