Will Still (WHU Related)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Re: Will Still (WHU Related)

Post by BigFatSam »

He clearly wants to manage us, I’m just interested to see how Sullivan is going to f*** this up when the time eventually comes.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

My preference is Carrick but Still looks like he has the makings of a very good coach.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Carrick
Still

In that order. Probably get neither and end up with Hodgson/Warnock as a double act for next season instead.
Bring_Back_Connolly
Has liked: 2553 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Bring_Back_Connolly »

BigFatSam wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:51 pm He clearly wants to manage us, I’m just interested to see how Sullivan is going to **** this up when the time eventually comes.
Lets hope maybe the end of next season Sully finally goes and we have new smart owners :fxd:
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3029 likes
Total likes: 2679 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Bring_Back_Connolly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:29 pm new smart owners :fxd:
If you are a "new and smart owner", who has just spent a massive amount of money to have the majority ownership of a PL club, the first thing you do not do is appoint a super-young and for that job completely inexperiened guy to run you biggest asset; your first team squad.
Bring_Back_Connolly

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:43 pm If you are a "new and smart owner", who has just spent a massive amount of money to have the majority ownership of a PL club, the first thing you do not do is appoint a super-young and for that job completely inexperienced guy to run you biggest asset; your first team squad.
True, can go for Rafa or Moyes instead :shocker:

End of next season we'll all know plenty more about Will and it might not be as big a risk as you think. Once the club interviews potential new candidates, you'd be foolish to rule someone out due to their age either young or old, IMO.
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 413 likes

Post by Benaloon »

Spurs sniffing around Kompany apparently.

appreciate he has 3 seasons under his belt as a manager, but if true that would be a forward thinking yet risky appointment...
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3029 likes
Total likes: 2679 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Bring_Back_Connolly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:47 pm True, can go for Rafa or Moyes instead :shocker:

End of next season we'll all know plenty more about Will and it might not be as big a risk as you think. Once the club interviews potential new candidates, you'd be foolish to rule someone out due to their age either young or old, IMO.
We're short in numbers in some crucial sectors of the football club. Right now and I don't think there'll be a significant change on that front we lack staff at scouting, training & match analytics. Some of our current people at those levels and the coaching staff are working on double or even triple duty. Some of our coaches do our lower-leagues scouting during the week.

You don't bring in a head coach in that type of environment.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Benaloon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:48 pm Spurs sniffing around Kompany apparently.

appreciate he has 3 seasons under his belt as a manager, but if true that would be a forward thinking yet risky appointment...
I just don't see it.

He's seen Mourinho and Conte fail, Kane will likely be off, they demand trophies but are the weakest of the supposed 'Sky 6', likely to slip even further behind Newcastle.

He's just got Burnley promoted, he's basically a hero there, much lower pressure to keep them in the league and approach the right job rather than jumping at a desperate Tottenham side.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Benaloon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:48 pm Spurs sniffing around Kompany apparently.

Would surely end in farce based on his performance at Anderlecht. People get carried away so easily.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

They surely do.
Bring_Back_Connolly

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:56 pm We're short in numbers in some crucial sectors of the football club. Right now and I don't think there'll be a significant change on that front we lack staff at scouting, training & match analytics. Some of our current people at those levels and the coaching staff are working on double or even triple duty. Some of our coaches do our lower-leagues scouting during the week.

You don't bring in a head coach in that type of environment.
I'm aware of how poorly run we are as a club, and I am hoping things improve in the near future pal, and we make big strides forward together :fxd:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Listening to him again, he does come over a little bit (Lionel) Messianic.

You could be playing for him one day then end up in a shootout at Waco.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2399 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:57 pm I just don't see it.

He's seen Mourinho and Conte fail, Kane will likely be off, they demand trophies but are the weakest of the supposed 'Sky 6', likely to slip even further behind Newcastle.

He's just got Burnley promoted, he's basically a hero there, much lower pressure to keep them in the league and approach the right job rather than jumping at a desperate Tottenham side.
Nailed on to be next Man city manager IMHO
wouldn't surprise me if he does a season or two at Burnley and then takes a job as Assistant to Guardiola on the premise he is the next cab of the rank
Has liked: 4550 likes
Total likes: 1539 likes

Post by Sticky »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:11 pm Listening to him again, he does come over a little bit (Lionel) Messianic.

You could be playing for him one day then end up in a shootout at Waco.
The Silence of The Lamb(s).
I am Legend
Has liked: 1593 likes
Total likes: 1644 likes

Post by I am Legend »

That Middlesbrough goal!

Easy when you sprint to make sure you always have triangle formations to keep passing into open space. Something we fail to do often. It's been a bit better of late with Paqueta, Emerson, Fornals, Lanzini playing together more often.
Mullhull
Has liked: 332 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:22 pm Nailed on to be next Man city manager IMHO
wouldn't surprise me if he does a season or two at Burnley and then takes a job as Assistant to Guardiola on the premise he is the next cab of the rank
Managers don't want to go back to being an assistant, but because of what you just said is why Mark Warburton is our next manager in my eyes. Not to learn from Moyes but to be integrated in the setup already and a ready made replacement.

BTEC Pep aka Arteta isn't a Pep clone but for sure he will have learned some things from him. Pep himself was a student of Cryuff but Pep went on to be more successful than him due him developing his own methods.

Still is the same he's not going to go back be anyone's assistant. He even said as much.

People calling for Carrick over Still. I don't rate Carrick, maybe because I've been fed so much information on Still. I don't think it's the right time for him here yet but in future I wouldn't be against it.
Bring_Back_Connolly

never forget....
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

RE: Kompany. There’s huge debate about this amongst Blues and lots of cautious optimism.

I’d like proven Premier League success first either with Burnley or another club but he’d be a great appointment. I’d like to see Bellamy come with him too.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Bring_Back_Connolly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 pm
He said "coming home" so will naturally replace Southgate