⚽ FAC5: Manchester Utd 3-1 West Ham Utd

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billy Bonds boots
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Billy Bonds boots »

Felt sorry for oggie last night was my man of the match come forward a couple times after some good interceptions :thup:
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Billy Bonds boots wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:14 pm Felt sorry for oggie last night was my man of the match come forward a couple times after some good interceptions :thup:
Agreed. There was one interception in the 2nd half especially I was particularly impressed with.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

steps wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:32 am True.

They had to bring on Casemiro, Rashford and Martinez to beat us.
I'll be honest, didn't realise how good he was. We call Rice a Rolls Royce of a player, whatever the next step up in car is to that, that's Casemiro. What a player.

In the office now after a couple hours kip, and it is a bugger seeing the sides that got through to the QF. Avoid City and you're looking at a day out at Wembley.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I never appreciated how good Casemiro was before he joined the prem.

What a player.

Their subs came on and turned the game where ours didn't get a sniff and in the case of Fornals/Bowen made us worse.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

3 - 1 flattered them in my opinion.
I'm not too despondent after that, for much of that 70 minutes we were the better team. I enjoyed the game.

Onward and upwards

Nice to meet dodger off here last night
jimmy666
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by jimmy666 »

Just got in after taking my 3 girls to their first away game - I don't have the luxury of seeing any "highlights" yet, but my take it on the night was that everyone gave it a damn good go and tried to get at them, and on a different day we could have seen some of those chances go in. Unfortunately it is nigh on impossible to compete on a level field with all of these teams with massive squads, but it has been like that for a good few years now so it is expected.
On an aside, the two things that really stood out for me was how gash the atmosphere was up there, and how many long balls they play from the back constantly. It is gutting to see them start to compete again because their fans are a complete bunch of arrogant clowns; hopefully City can keep them under the heel of their shoe for a few more years.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

smuts wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:38 pm I never appreciated how good Casemiro was before he joined the prem.

What a player.

Their subs came on and turned the game where ours didn't get a sniff and in the case of Fornals/Bowen made us worse.
Not just a player but a leader as well, won something like 10 finals out of 12 that he's been in.........