Diablo IV

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Diablo IV

Post by fjthegrey »

This will be my game this year.

Not gonna bother with anything else I don't think, apart from playing through Goldeneye on my brothers birthday.

It looks absolutely tremendous.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Diablo IV

Post by wolf359 »

Beta later this month for those who have pre-purchased. I have the full ultimate edition already bought will Warcraft earned Blizzard Balance. Cannot wait for this.

I just fear for the microtransactions and the rumours of pay-2-win etc. Would be a massive shame (and the final nail for Blizzard for me)

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

D2 and the expansion is an all time top 10 (maybe even top 5) game for me. I really enjoyed D3 but it was levels below D2, still a lot better than it got credit for.

This one looks like a return to the D2 style, darker, less cartoony. I just can't see it missing for me. It's an absolute lock for 150+ hours of game time. Certain value for money.
swisstony
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by swisstony »

I'll be keeping my eye on this. Loved D2 and D3 but I won't pre-order something at the prices Blizzard were asking, especially as far in advance as they put the thing on sale. I'll wait to see if its worth the money.

I hope it lives up to the promise and keeps clear of the microtransactions, I've got the same concerns as Wolf.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

Yeah the preorder prices were excessive.

Blizzard's statements on the microtransactions so far suggest they will be purely cosmetic, but it's hard to trust them entirely based on their recent behaviour.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Downloads for beta for pre-order people going live today... Going to hit this hard this weekend..
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

wolf359 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 am Downloads for beta for pre-order people going live today... Going to hit this hard this weekend..
Let me know how you get on mate. I have a rule that I don't play beta's or demo's anymore, but I'll be following peoples reactions intently.

I just can't see it being bad.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

fjthegrey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:18 am Let me know how you get on mate. I have a rule that I don't play beta's or demo's anymore, but I'll be following peoples reactions intently.

I just can't see it being bad.
The game will be good, I don't think there is any doubt on that.. My worry as above is the MTX and the Battle passes (I get the first one with my pre-purchase) How frequent are 'seasons' going to be? Will the premium BPs be required to play properly? Will they pull any **** like the Gems in Diablo Immoral?

(the top one comes with the mid-tier purchase and both with the £90 ultimate)

Blizzard can still make games, it is the shysters behind player metric and monetisation that need a good kicking. For a £60+ AAA game that kind of mobile F2P activity should not be tolerated but there are noises there (I wouldn't have pre-purchased if I did not have over £300 in Blizzard Bucks in my account)
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Early Impressions... Firday night Blizzard messed-up hour plus queues.

Saturday morning.. Got on with out issue played about an hour. It is the successor to Diablo II not III looks and largely feels like 2.. At the moment there are memory optimisation issues, was taking over 20Gb of RAM on my machine (I have 32Gig) .

The cut senses and introduction are amazing, peak Blizzard

Game play wise. I played a Barbarian (three classes on offer this week, 5 next) on the easiest world tier (there is an mmo style world so no pure single player -- outside of bosses and dungeons.) and found it very easy (but I am not new to Diablo)

Oh 'real' skill trees are back.. nice to see.

Over all impressed... Will play a bit more tomorrow to see if I can get to the end of Act I (the beta stops there) and maybe give the tier II world a go.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Was gutted no Druid and Necro this week!

Played Sorc went with a Flame/Hydra build and just run around smashing everything.

Apparently next weekend we can play Druid and Necro so I'm all for that!

Also if you get to level 20 in the beta you get some skin reward and a title!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm Was gutted no Druid and Necro this week!

Played Sorc went with a Flame/Hydra build and just run around smashing everything.

Apparently next weekend we can play Druid and Necro so I'm all for that!

Also if you get to level 20 in the beta you get some skin reward and a title!
I didn't get to play much, took a Barbarian to level 20 in the end. Was impressed (if a little lost at times) the map is huge and it takes time to cross it (mounts can be unlocked at some point).. RAM and performance was an issue for me (was using all my 32Gb at one point) but they will fix that.

I did feel more like Warcraft at times with the questing etc. (no bad thing) and I liked how the skill tree built up and that items could add points to it (I got a legendary that gave +1 to all 4 defensive skills for example.)

I didn't encounter any major bugs like some seemed to (though I didn't really go looking to break it) ..

Will go again next weekend for the wolf pup reward at level 20 probably with a necromancer.
Mullhull

Post by Mullhull »

wolf359 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:55 pm I didn't get to play much, took a Barbarian to level 20 in the end. Was impressed (if a little lost at times) the map is huge and it takes time to cross it (mounts can be unlocked at some point).. RAM and performance was an issue for me (was using all my 32Gb at one point) but they will fix that.

I did feel more like Warcraft at times with the questing etc. (no bad thing) and I liked how the skill tree built up and that items could add points to it (I got a legendary that gave +1 to all 4 defensive skills for example.)

I didn't encounter any major bugs like some seemed to (though I didn't really go looking to break it) ..

Will go again next weekend for the wolf pup reward at level 20 probably with a necromancer.
I only had issues with rubber banding/lag. The cut scenes were a bit juddery but when I asked a friend they said they were having the same issues. Like you I'm running 32gb of RAM if I'm honest I didn't monitor my CPU/RAM usage.

It's still live for 2 more hours but I'm going to wait until Friday.

I'm still figuring out the part where you can take an element off a legendary and put it on a rare which therefore makes Rares potentially better than legendarys.

I played D3 a lot and got bored quickly, these games are immensely popular though and I got the version with the season pass.

I never played D2 but I got it in a bundle a while back in a sale. I'm told this is much more like D2. Which I assume is a good thing?
Mullhull

Post by Mullhull »

The open beta starts on the 24th for those who are interested.

You can predownload the patch now on the Battle Net Launcher.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Open beta up. Queues died down now (they were by design last night).

Started with a Necromancer, much more powerful than the Barb I played last week. I think they may have reduced the xp needed. Only played for an hour and level 11 already.

Some small UI changes too, all seem for the better.

Still causing my machine to use all my 32gb of Ram though (but playing smooth ish)
Mullhull

Post by Mullhull »

wolf359 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:22 am Open beta up. Queues died down now (they were by design last night).

Started with a Necromancer, much more powerful than the Barb I played last week. I think they may have reduced the xp needed. Only played for an hour and level 11 already.

Some small UI changes too, all seem for the better.

Still causing my machine to use all my 32gb of Ram though (but playing smooth ish)
My son told me that there were some areas which were buggy and people's GPUs were overheating.

I haven't looked into it but he did say it was a specific series on nVidia cards.

I started a Necro it was powerful but they had sorted out a lot of lag issues so playing was more enjoyable.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Mullhull wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:33 pm My son told me that there were some areas which were buggy and people's GPUs were overheating.

I haven't looked into it but he did say it was a specific series on nVidia cards.

I started a Necro it was powerful but they had sorted out a lot of lag issues so playing was more enjoyable.
There are a few reports of that, but I reckon it is over played to be honest. My 3070 is running nicely no issues for me (I’ve read 2060supers and 4080/4090’s having issues but it’s not massively wideslread.)

Some people always seem to have troubles with everything, you have to wonder if it’s them!

Anyway got to level 20 with Necro was stupidly easy, HP bar hardly moved the whole time. That’s me done with the beta. I look forward to the release of the game.
Mullhull

Post by Mullhull »

Another Beta coming up next weekend.

Titled Server Slam... so I guess it's a big stress test! Expect lots of lag!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Mullhull wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:55 pm Another Beta coming up next weekend.

Titled Server Slam... so I guess it's a big stress test! Expect lots of lag!
There is a world boss to kill every three hours. I suppose they want us all the log in and target the loot piñata and see if we can break the server.

A mount cosmetic reward for reaching level 20 and killing the world boss once (as well as the previous rewards if you didn’t get them).
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

Getting hyped for this now.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

I played the Beta, loved it. Haven't really played Diablo before, I think I put a few hours into 3 but never really fully invested. But absolutely loved the Beta and as I've got older have started to love these type of games.

Question for all - where are people buying from? Prices on PS5 for this are absolutely ridiculous;

Standard Edition - £70
Deluxe - £90
Ultimate - £99

Insane prices. Have many of you pre-ordered? Playing in PC I know will be a lot cheaper but I am pretty much a console gamer now.