⚽ Fulham 0-1 West Ham Utd (8/4/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham v West Ham Utd : match thread

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Mullhull wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:36 pm Funny thing for me this weekend is.

West Ham fans (some of course) cry out for 4-4-2 and this is the result (it didn't work) then (some of them) sing you don't know what you doing...

Is pretty ironic though don't you think?
I personally dont agree that people were signing you dont know what youre doing because of the move away from 4-4-2 (I certainly wasnt).

Imo it was aimed more at the choice to keep Soucek and Antonio on the pitch, both of whom were absolutely useless.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham v West Ham Utd : match thread

Post by Wilko1304 »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:19 am Why can't we have it both ways?
Why can't we play two up top (or even three), keep the ball when we get it and give it a go against teams?

Teams like Newcastle (433) and Brentford (532) seem to be able to have it both ways, why can't we expect the same from the squad of players we have?
I don't think it works unless Scamacca is one of the two. Neither Ings nor Antonio are consistent enough with the ball to make it work.

Further to that, keeping possession has been a weakness even in good times.

Plus, Tosin was better than both our forwards. Shame we blew up this season, he is perfect for us.