⚽ Fulham 0-1 West Ham Utd (8/4/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham v West Ham Utd : match thread

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

master wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:17 pm "I think having the two boys up front gave us a different look, but it was also a problem because we couldn’t dominate the game, and that’s why we had to defend so many shots etcetera, because we had so many players on the front line."

:hush:
sounds a bit Stanley Unwin...

:winker:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:21 pm
but it does look like David Moyes will join an elite band of managers to win their club a European trophy and get fired the following day.
I obviously hope you are right but I worry about the casual throwing around of this prediction. There isn’t anything based in real form and performance at the moment that warrants it unfortunately.

There was a similar vibe this time last year and we got punched in the mouth.

I’m desperate for us to avoid that.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I wish having people on the foe list meant their posts also didn't appear quoted. I've already decided they post drivel, seeing others quote it to call them out on their drivel is just confirmatory at that point.

I'll take the three points and we can move on from here. Personally I thought the relatively complete inability of anybody in claret and blue to play a simple pass today was embarrassing for Premier League footballers. And that includes our captain and talisman, Mr One Hundred Million Pounds.

But a win is a win, three points is three points, and if we get four more wins in exactly the same manner I won't care a jot.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

McKnightmare wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pm Downes was good when he came on, wasn’t he? One of the most encouraging aspects of the afternoon.
Downes generally always looks good unless he’s played out of position. He’ll be Rice’s replacement next season. I’ve said it for a long time, it’s baffling his lack on minutes in the league when you consider how poor we’ve been.

A neat and tidy footballer who reads the game well. I hope he starts both ECL games.
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by polar »

Was near the Fulham end for the game. Various observations.

Fulham fans saying we were the worst team they've faced this season. I would have found it hard to argue with this.

Antonio had a good first half then his performance fell off a cliff in the second half.

Soucek worked really hard and justified his place.

Great save from Fab near the end, but massively helped by the Fulham player taking a heavy touch just beforehand.

Ogbona - great calming influence on the defense.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

I was seething on Wednesday Eve ~ but have now reached a level of acceptance that DM is here to stay regardless and will be doing things his way in order to get us out of the trouble we are in.

I had to work today, but that meant I have now come to the realisation that the best way to watch West Ham play at the moment .. is not to watch West Ham play.

Get out of the sh*t, win the ECL, start again next season and we can all just erase this poop from our minds.

Remember gang ~ If we all agree to deny it ~ then it never happened.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:25 pm I obviously hope you are right but I worry about the casual throwing around of this prediction. There isn’t anything based in real form and performance at the moment that warrants it unfortunately.

There was a similar vibe this time last year and we got punched in the mouth.

I’m desperate for us to avoid that.
This.

It’s really strange how flippantly people are assuming we will win the conference league.

There are other teams in the competition who are in far better form. Fiorentina are undefeated in 9 games, whilst Nice and AZ are both in decent form. We may have beat two poor teams recently but a West Ham player still hasn’t scored from open play in over 450 minutes.

If we want to win the ECL then we will have to play far better than we did today. We can probably beat Genk with a small upturn in performance but I’m not so sure about the other teams we are likely to face.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Pedants corner
Zouma scored against Newcastle.
We are playing Gent not Genk
That is all.
IronRhino
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by IronRhino »

stu1 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:17 pm This.

It’s really strange how flippantly people are assuming we will win the conference league.

There are other teams in the competition who are in far better form. Fiorentina are undefeated in 9 games, whilst Nice and AZ are both in decent form. We may have beat two poor teams recently but a West Ham player still hasn’t scored from open play in over 450 minutes.

If we want to win the ECL then we will have to play far better than we did today. We can probably beat Genk with a small upturn in performance but I’m not so sure about the other teams we are likely to face.
Staying in the Premier League is a must, winning the ECL is a bonus.

We scraped through today but regardless of the performance the 3 points are massive.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

IronRhino wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:44 pm
Staying in the Premier League is a must, winning the ECL is a bonus.
Interesting. I’d have it the other way round myself If I had to categorise it like that. Depends what you want out of supporting West Ham I think.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

IronRhino wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:44 pm Staying in the Premier League is a must, winning the ECL is a bonus.

We scraped through today but regardless of the performance the 3 points are massive.
Winning the ECL is a must, staying in the premier league is a bonus :eyes:
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:48 pm Interesting. I’d have it the other way round myself If I had to categorise it like that. Depends what you want out of supporting West Ham I think.
Same here.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:48 pm Interesting. I’d have it the other way round myself If I had to categorise it like that. Depends what you want out of supporting West Ham I think.
I think the ownership and stadium issue has a big impact also on what people prioritise.

If we had good owners we trusted and a proper football stadium I think many more fans would accept relegation for silverware, however the prospect of Sully being around for a few more years and playing championship in the bowl would be too much for some to stomach in return for the ECL trophy.
unmartillo
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by unmartillo »

Was out today and so waited for MOTD. We were on last so convinced it would be a 0-0 win. Huge win but hardly any coverage so no idea how it went in general but superb save by Fabianski. Interesting to see 2 up top as well. Did it make a difference, it's what many were requesting :chin:
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Angelo 'Today it was important to show what kind of man you are' -

Love him.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Sticky wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:10 am Angelo 'Today it was important to show what kind of man you are' -

Love him.
It’s terrible that this is where we are in terms of squad morale.
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Sticky wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:10 am Angelo 'Today it was important to show what kind of man you are' -

Love him.
Brilliant. He’s spot on.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Phil S wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:25 pm The support was great today, really enjoyed that...however it wasn't David Moyes, but we are West Ham's claret and blue army that was being sung..
Moyes got dogs abuse when he crossed the pitch.
Clearly poor quality microphones then 😉

Might explain why he apparently didn’t walk out to clap our fans, although I think he should have.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2724 likes
Total likes: 1755 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:41 am It’s terrible that this is where we are in terms of squad morale.
I'm confused.
How can what Oggy said be described as negative & indicative of poor squad morale..?

Or where you being sarcastic..? Oh, ffs I don't know anymore...
Last edited by DublinDave on Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

This shot... fantastic. Every face tells a story. :fingerr: