⚽ West Ham Utd 2-2 Arsenal (16/4/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal match thread

Post by PlaistowIron »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:10 pm ‘Starboy’
Proper cringy ****ers ain’t they? How embarrassing…

Great to see all of their fans roar with delight when he took the ball from Jesus for the penalty, only for him to put it wide. Glorious.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

"Missing a penalty against a poor 'keeper"

Clueless twat, Fab is statistically the best in the league at saving pens
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

f*** sake..
Last edited by Colours never run on Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

...Anyone wanna buy a second hand phone?!
Last edited by Colours never run on Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run

SiamHammer wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:17 am "Missing a penalty against a poor 'keeper"

Clueless twat, Fab is statistically the best in the league at saving pens
Yep and it's actually 1 of the reasons why I now want to see Fabianski remain in goal for our remaining important European fixtures, as well as League games so to give ourselves a better chance of winning should we either concede a Penalty or it goes to a Shoot-out. I'm not a fan of bringing Keepers on cold near the end of games as I feel they need real action to get prepared properly for them.

Might sound harsh on Areola as he tends to play the European games, but he really isn't convincing when facing Penalties as recently as the Blackburn game in the Cup proved. If we're serious about winning the competition I think sticking with our best Keeper all round is the way to go now. He has experience of winning an important FA Cup Semi Final with Arsenal in a Penalty Shoot-out to go on to win the FA Cup too.

And whilst I'm at it, a very happy birthday to Fabianski too today!
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:48 am Yep and it's actually 1 of the reasons why I now want to see Fabianski remain in goal for our remaining important European fixtures,
Sorry but that would change the whole dynamic of a so far unbeaten 11 match run.
Just in case a tie goes to penalties?
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

They've fully convinced themselves that it wasn't a penalty to us, they're panicking and its a thoroughly brilliant watch
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

They're proper Spursy, aren't they? Their team bottle it like Tottenham, and their fans have a level of delusional entitlement like Tottenham.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Actually couldn't get through the OV, just too cringeworthy
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

An Arse supporter Facebook friends (just replying to a photo I put up of me and my famous nephew at the game) "You stole that point…"
My response: "We worked hard for that point. Arsenal bottled it, they are more spursy than spurs"
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

must be something in the air in North London !

I now hope that our players and manager see this is the way to play the top teams;frst 15 mins aside. no more letting them have the ball; get in their faces and let them have it. full intensity for 90 mins. we have 5 subs so if players start to fade replace them.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:10 am must be something in the air in North London !

I now hope that our players and manager see this is the way to play the top teams;frst 15 mins aside. no more letting them have the ball; get in their faces and let them have it. full intensity for 90 mins. we have 5 subs so if players start to fade replace them.
It's because North London has sections of very posh areas which breads the entitlement.

There's a reason west ham fans are generally quite down to earth and modest.
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

Paqueta says the players decided to press after the first goal.

“Yeah, I think that’s been hurting us a little bit. It is not the first time that we start the game and already concede one, sometimes two goals, which makes it very difficult for us. It changes the whole plan, our whole strategy. But then, very calmly, when the goal came, we managed to put our style of play, put pressure on Arsenal and managed to tie the match. We also had the chance to make a comeback, yes, it was an open game. But I believe it was a very important point. I think that after our goal, it gave us a little more confidence to press high, make their defenders give away the ball. So I think this change in attitude came through our goal. It gave us confidence and we started to realise on the pitch, ‘Hey, we can press, you can steal the ball and we can mark’. So that’s what we did.”
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

There's a lot of press about Arsenal's arrogance but I think that is down to Arteta not the players. From what I see he needs to lighten up, there's too much pressure on that young team. For all their bluster, Pep & Klopp still have a sense of humour. I hope that all the success doesn't go to Saka's head, it would be a waste of talent for England. I saw a recent interview where he said he was doing xxx for his fans. 22yo? Too much ego and will get shot down badly if he keeps that up.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 197 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Please don't go there Dec,(in fact don't go anywhere.. :smiler: )they're way below you...have a look at the way they treated a 7 year
old litle girl fan,getting them to sign a shirt(it's on the usual media stuff)...thoughtlessness,arrogance and distain....we wouldn't be like that.
Really sums that club up
Our club is passionate and cares about more than just the Football itself.

Top of the League,playing some great football,and the Fans STILL Sl*g the players and manager off...
Some of us may do it but least we have a Bl**dy good reason.