⚽ AFC Bournemouth 0-4 West Ham Utd (23/4/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Re: A.F.C. Bournemouth vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by S-H »

What a fantastic week.

Enjoy it, everything else is just noise.

You eye-rons!!
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:38 pm My first MOTD for a long time! I'll watch the first match also :crylol:
never normally bother watching it, but yesterdays was one full of joy. :newthumb:

Loved every minute. :crylol:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Was out all day yesterday and although I was keeping up with score on my phone ( ours and the filth 😁), I was happy to wait until MOTD last night to see the goals.
It’s quite good being on Sunday’s MOTD, especially when they are only 2 fixtures- you get more highlights and a lot more analysis.
Overall it was pleasing to see such a confident performance that in fairness could easily have equalled Newcastle’s tally against Spurs.
We are coming to the boil nicely at the business end of the season and it does beg the question of where has this team been for the last 16 months. However, I am more than happy to see them back to winning ways and playing good football. Antonio has definitely got his mojo back and it was great to see Pablo score the 4th.
I had a feeling we’d get a result yesterday but was certainly not expecting a rout. Hopefully we can turn it on again Wednesday and wipe the toothy smile off Klopp’s face.
We aren’t going down and the quicker that is a mathematical fact, the better, for them we can go all in for Conference League.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

What a great 2 weeks we have had, turned everything upside down in a positive way, welcome back old West Ham under Moyes, credit to the management and players. There were signs it was coming but boom, more players attacking, more chances created, more goals, lovely to see and takes so much pressure off the PL now. Not quite over the line in the PL, but a massive step towards safety.

:scarfer: :hamm:
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

JLCABA wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:25 am If it is decreed we are getting 6 points guaranteed next 3 games
Bournemouth
Scouse
Nigels

Can we lose today please ?
9 points it is then 👍
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Bournemouth
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137937
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 462 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Surprised to read a few slagging off O'neil, a moderate OV.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:34 pm Surprised to read a few slagging off O'neil, a moderate OV.
Funny really isn't it? Everybody outside thinks that O'Neill is doing a great job, and within their own world, they're calling him a PE teacher. Much like everyone I speak to who doesn't obsess about West Ham tells me Moyes is doing a great job.

Maybe it's like that everywhere...

Unless you're Spurs and everyone within the club and outside the club thinks they're terrible.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

A Bournemouth fan calling the ECL a Mickey Mouse Europa Cup is bizarre.

Have they ever played European football?
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

I quite admire those Bournemouth posters that said they played more football then us.
Like all fans (including our own) , they are a delusional bunch.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2752 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

More people were in Wrexham's ground to watch their game against Boreham Wood than were in Bournemouth's ground for their game against us.
Fun fact...
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:44 pm A Bournemouth fan calling the ECL a Mickey Mouse Europa Cup is bizarre.

That comment stood out to me, too.

They'd sell their own children to see European football at Dean Court.

Also the comment about them having a world class squad.. eh?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

The world class squad tickled me as well, I don't get that at all, very strange comment.

Plus GON as the PE teacher, very harsh, as pretty much everyone I know that talks about football thinks GON has done a fantastic job. Not in their bubble I guess, as they are not in ours, we sometimes see things very differently when it is our club. Getting thumped by us in our current state, all be it we have been improving can't help with your mood in fairness :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:44 pm A Bournemouth fan calling the ECL a Mickey Mouse Europa Cup is bizarre.

If we win it, and people see that the reward is the same for a middling club as winning the FA Cup (which middling clubs no longer seem to win) people will get wise.

Moyes pointed out the other week that the financial rewards go way beyond the FA Cup as well.

In our case, we're likely to have had 300,000 extra punters through the door after the semi final (£12m, I'd guess) and it's likely to add another £10m-£14m in prize money. Then there's the TV pool payout.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I wonder if they will be saying that if we reach the final, win the silverware and are playing the europa league next season?
i'm happy for either to be our level as its winnable (possibly more so than the domestic cups) and admit the champions league is too much for us, but where that leaves bournemouth in the grand scale of things, god knows?
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Muggy Bournemouth turning their nose up at the Conference League when they bring in the same numbers as League One teams.

For me, apart from the silverware itself, the best part about winning the trophy is playing in the Europa League group stages for another season. That would make it 3 on the bounce, with the opportunity to make it to the latter stags again. For WHU that's pretty mega and any club outside the traditional top 6 would be jealous of that.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

A trio of Hammers in the Whoscored team of the week.

I am Legend
Has liked: 1593 likes
Total likes: 1644 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Can be on of the best midfield pairs in the world if they keep at it together.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Marky wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:30 pm That’s not true we have an option so it’s 2025 if ends
That's true, but he is a player who has rejected three new contract deals so far and who has made his ambition to play at the highest level known. That is not going to happen at West Ham any time soon, so although the club *can* force him to stay for an extra year, this will be detrimental to all involved. His value will decrease, his performances will deteriorate, and the resentment sown will infect the entire dressing room. It's time to say thank you and goodbye, hopefully with an ECL winner's medal and some great memories.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

billybondsballbag wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:38 pm ...so although the club *can* force him to stay for an extra year, this will be detrimental to all involved. His value will decrease, his performances will deteriorate, and the resentment sown will infect the entire dressing room...
I truly don't understand this way of thinking, and it winds me up to see pundits in particular saying he "has to leave". I bet you could line up 90% of the footballers in the country and they'd think they could play for bigger and better, or earn more money. Do all of them have a negative impact on their teams?

Do professionals not exist anymore where they just continue to do their job to the best of their abilities? If he let his performances slip would he lose out on his England role? Would he lose out on sponsorships?

I'd rather have him play for two more years, get the finances from two more years of European football, and him leave on a free with our blessings.

He'd be 26/27 and have at least 3/4 more years to go win the Premier League somewhere - and have his pick of the teams + a huge signing bonus too.

All we'd need is his commitment to the contract he's already signed.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the day we don't have to read yet another ****ing article about what club he secretly sees himself playing for.