Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 37 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by E13 Forever »

Is the isc going to get involved and support this petition.
If enough people sign the petition the club will have to take notice.
The renew window is open until the 16 of June so theres plenty of time for the isc to get the club to listen.
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by Kermit »

E13 Forever wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:50 pm What like the irony of saying theres nothing wrong with signing a petition to make feelings known and then coating people off when they do.
No body is telling any one that they are mugs.
What is being said is that the club is taking the @@@@ out of there loyal supporters and that if people feel the same way they can sign a petition saying so.
If fans decide to renew it does not mean they agree with the prices it just means they want to support there team.
They do have the right to do that and think the club is taking the @@@@ at the same time.
So hang on a minute. You say nobody is telling anyone they are mugs but then in your next sentence yo say
What is being said is that the club is taking the @@@@ out of there loyal supporters

You can't have it both ways. The club do thake the mickey and they do it because they think people will continue to fork out. But the irony is somebody telling everyone the club is taking me for a mug when you're shelling out your hard earned on a ticket. And I haven't "coated people off" for signing the petition. But I suspect you know that very well already.
E13 Forever

Post by E13 Forever »

Kermit wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:21 pm So hang on a minute. You say nobody is telling anyone they are mugs but then in your next sentence yo say
What is being said is that the club is taking the @@@@ out of there loyal supporters

You can't have it both ways. The club do thake the mickey and they do it because they think people will continue to fork out. But the irony is somebody telling everyone the club is taking me for a mug when you're shelling out your hard earned on a ticket. And I haven't "coated people off" for signing the petition. But I suspect you know that very well already.
Kermit what is the point of you.
Theres people who give a @@@@ and try to do some thing and theres people who do not give a @@@@ and leave the rest of us to crack on with it.
Then theres you and your soppy little posts picking holes in every thing people say and trying to make a bit of mischief.
You do not need any more help from me to look like an idiot so I will not reply to any more of your daft posts.
Could you at least do me a favour and stop replying to all mine.
johnhunt1963
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by johnhunt1963 »

Kermit.
If I shop at let's say Tescos and they start mugging me off with money or the way they treat me and my fellow 'Customers' I can go to Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidls, Aldis, Co Op etc etc etc.
But if you think people are gonna walk away from supporting their beloved club, you are seriously deluded.
I for one will still buy my season ticket, but you better believe me when I say , I will make a lot of noise, sign petitions,
abuse sully when ever I can etc etc etc
And don't start me on mrs peschisolido. As you were.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Signed the petition and have got about 10 members of my family to do the same.

The club are taking the living piss once again, ISC doing f*** all once again, Hammers United are trying doing something and the WHUST put out a two line statement (whilst managing to get the word 'mendacious' in it -- yeah look it up like I did and it doesn't evne make sense in that sentance), saying oh dear this is bad, we've asked out members on ISC to represent the fans blah blah wind and piss ....

Have they mentioned the petition to their 100 members ? Have they b*llocks. Not that it would make any difference but to not even put it out on their website. Petty.

When this happens the club will always win out. Apathy will see them through, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight it.

Kermit, did you choose your user name to be ironic ? Only you are behaving like one..
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Who the f**k is this ISC mob then and who voted them in can’t they not be got rid of ?
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

johnhunt1963 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:15 pm Kermit.
If I shop at let's say Tescos and they start mugging me off with money or the way they treat me and my fellow 'Customers' I can go to Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidls, Aldis, Co Op etc etc etc.
But if you think people are gonna walk away from supporting their beloved club, you are seriously deluded.
I for one will still buy my season ticket, but you better believe me when I say , I will make a lot of noise, sign petitions,
abuse sully when ever I can etc etc etc
And don't start me on mrs peschisolido. As you were.
Go ahead and sign it mate, I don't know why some people think I'm digging people out for signing the thing. All I'm saying is I find it bloody ironic that there are SOME people who moan to all and sundry about the price of their STs and tell everyone they're being ripped off whilst at the same time laying out their hard earned for the price demanded. That's a lot different to signing a petition and renewing, I'm sure you'll agree.

In my book a "rip off" is when something you HAVE to buy gets an unreasonable price hike, at least with an ST we have a choice.
GaryP

Post by GaryP »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:50 pm Who the f**k is this ISC mob then and who voted them in can’t they not be got rid of ?
The latest incarnation of the boards puppet supporters group who now unfortunately, have the backing of increasingly self serving and inadequate FSA.

Hammers United have a member on there who is contstantly outvoted by club shills.

This is the sack of crap

https://www.whuisc.com/

Highly professional isn't it :D
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

GaryP wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:42 pm The latest incarnation of the boards puppet supporters group who now unfortunately, have the backing of increasingly self serving and inadequate FSA.

Hammers United have a member on there who is contstantly outvoted by club shills.

This is the sack of crap

https://www.whuisc.com/

Highly professional isn't it :D
Cheers pal.
Out of interest has this motley crew ever achieved anything to benefit our support ?
GaryP

Post by GaryP »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:14 pm Cheers pal.
Out of interest has this motley crew ever achieved anything to benefit our support ?
Nothing to what they should have. I feel very sorry for the Hammers United representative. The phrase 'pissing in the wind' comes to mind.
Northbank Bar
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

The petition is chugging along now.

Thanks to all of you who have signed.

If you havent yet signed please consider doing so.Every signature counts.
johnhunt1963

Post by johnhunt1963 »

People saying they have raised the OAP concession rate in line with the government pension age.
I say COBBLERS. I know women that have retired at 60 / 61 / 62 / 63 / and 64.
Or are West Ham discriminating against people in plain sight and getting away with it. :chin:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

On the subject of the OAP concession, I would dearly like to know what the representatives on the ISC for this group have done about it.
Namely Any Old Irons. They are there as unelected representatives of those over a certain age. I've no idea what this age is by the way as I can't find anything that gives me that information. Nor can I find out what their voting record is on any such matters, as such I have to rely on word of mouth from other people at the ISC meetings who inform me that they happily wave through everything the club suggests.
They also don't consult whatever membership they have (such as the current over 65/66 debacle).
I have also tried to join this group but apparently there is a restriction on how many can join, they won't give me any details on how many members they have though.
So I think it's with some confidence that I can say that they do not represent me, nor 95% of fans over the age of 60 and that is an absolute disgrace.
And this is the reasons Old School Hammers was founded and are now an affiliate member of the FSA.
I am quite happy for any member or representative of Any Old Irons to come on here and correct me, but it's not going to happen is it?
The club are quite happy having Any Old Irons on board, they know they won't rock the boat, they know they won't even try and discuss season ticket cards, concessions or accessibility issues at the stadium.
They are a patsy set up to say yes to everything.
Again happy for the club or anyone else to come on here and put me right.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

John Hunt.We have had members phone the club to be told they have indeed put the concessions qualification age up to be in line with change in pension age.

Of course this dosnt hold up since only West Ham and Villa have done so out of all the PL clubs.

Petition heading towards 4300 now.We felt we needed 5000 to help make the point and looks like we are on course.

Thanks to all who have signed.-If you havent yet signed please consider.

COYI.
E13 Forever

Post by E13 Forever »

GaryP wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 pm Nothing to what they should have. I feel very sorry for the Hammers United representative. The phrase 'pissing in the wind' comes to mind.
This petition has got to be a no brainer for the isc to support.
I can not imagine any of the iscs members agreeing with what the club have done.
So my question is have the isc told there members about the petition or emailed the link to them or asked for them to support it.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

E13.

The ISC tweeted that they are extremely disappointed with this apparent arbitrary increase.

They also tweeted that they have requested the club explore any opportunity to mitigate the adverse financial impact on those 65 year old S.T. holders who had expected to qualify for concession tickets.
johnhunt1963

Post by johnhunt1963 »

Can I ask, Have the Chair and Vice Chair of the ISC signed this petition?
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

John Hunt.

I have no idea.Nor am I comfortable with either checking out individuals or revealing whether or not they have signed.

Lets concentrate on getting 5000 signatures.
E13 Forever

Post by E13 Forever »

Northbank Bar wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:04 am E13.

The ISC tweeted that they are extremely disappointed with this apparent arbitrary increase.

They also tweeted that they have requested the club explore any opportunity to mitigate the adverse financial impact on those 65 year old S.T. holders who had expected to qualify for concession tickets.

Is it the one below.
If it is then it is funny that they do not mention the prices going up.
Did the isc all talk to there members before they put that weak @@@@ out.
Good job hammers United are running the petition so fans get a chance of saying what rhey think.
It does not look like they get that with the isc.

alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

I'm not sure that handing out coatings on the basis of who may or may not have signed is a particularly good look.