Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

roblo
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by roblo »

johnhunt1963 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:18 pm Get behind The Supporters Club and Hammers United.
I'm not sure I know the Supporters Club - is it a group holding the club to account?

I've been impressed by Hammers United and have signed petitions, marched and protested with them. I just wish they'd be invited to the table. Especially as it sounds like this ISA thing is a complete waste of time.

Would be good to know (for those unfamiliar) what the relationship is between the club and HU
E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by E13 Forever »

Have the isc met with the club yet over the season tickets.
The renew date is only about 3 weeks away so they can not sit around doing nothing.
What is happening. Fans need to know.
NorthernIron
Has liked: 11 likes

Post by NorthernIron »

roblo wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 am I'm not sure I know the Supporters Club - is it a group holding the club to account?

I've been impressed by Hammers United and have signed petitions, marched and protested with them. I just wish they'd be invited to the table. Especially as it sounds like this ISA thing is a complete waste of time.

Would be good to know (for those unfamiliar) what the relationship is between the club and HU
The Supporters Club held their own members survey, over 400 responses.

Over 60% responded that the prices should be kept at the current level.

Over 91% were against the concession band going up to over 66
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

NorthernIron wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:43 pm The Supporters Club held their own members survey, over 400 responses.

Over 60% responded that the prices should be kept at the current level.

Over 91% were against the concession band going up to over 66
WHUST take note (and others on ISC) .... The Supporters Club members were balloted and responses recorded, and I assume acted upon at any relevant ISC meeting when given the chance. The responses are 3x more than the number WHUST actual members.... though they don't seem to be doing much on the 'professional voice' front. Looks like you have that on in the bag.

So that's at least 3 groups that have more members, yet you still feel you have the mandate to speak on behalf of all the fans ?

I have had more effect on larger number of people when I last tore one off in my office than WHUST have. The irony is , it came from the same orifice too as your 'professional voice'.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

It seems that far from being an irrelevance the Trust are actually a hinderance to our fans. I just looked up the definition of a football supporters Trust and found the following in the FSA’s own guidelines.

‘Your Trust can only be successful with enough people interested in coming together to make it work.’

I really do hope these people now step aside before they do any more damage.
roblo
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

What would be the solution? Would the club bring in the supporters club or HU?
Northbank Bar
Total likes: 147 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

OK ,seems I have a few questions to answer but lets be clear i am not going to criticise any other West Ham United fans group.

1.Supporters Club most definately surveyed their members and the results were fed into the ISC.Good people the Supporters Club and every respect for them.

2.My understanding is the club have not yet replied to the ISC re season ticket pricing.Hammers United are discussing our next steps and will feed this into the ISC.

3.Hammers United have a working relationship with the club.Club staff have at times been very helpful assisting with our members' complaints/problems which we have forwarded to them.The more general/bigger issues are usually channelled through the ISC for a joint approach with the other fan groups.Sometimes we also approach the club individually as Hammers United,as well as through the ISC.-Such as with the possible GDPR breach on distribution of Larnaca away tickets.
IABATAC
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by IABATAC »

Hammers United's petition did its job and we've all been waiting for the ISC to live up to its strongly worded statement. Unfortunately, as time marches on towards the renewal deadline, the ISC appears to be doing absolutely nothing to bring the Club to the table. With (possibly a lot of) ST holders already renewing at the much higher rate, I'm sure the longer this goes on the stronger the Club will believe its position to be - and why wouldn't it?

This has all the makings another ISC fiasco so it's no surprise to find certain supporters' groups being asked some very pointed questions around membership numbers, whether or not they communicate with their members and, ultimately, whether or not they actually represent their members.

Well, after 2 years of abject failure and now finding itself on the precipice of its biggest f**k up, which is going to affect tens of thousands of fans, perhaps one question worth asking is this:

What is preventing the ISC from doing the job of representing the interests of West Ham United supporters?

Like Gary Lineker, I'm all ears....
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

IABATAC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm

Well, after 2 years of abject failure and now finding itself on the precipice of its biggest f**k up, which is going to affect tens of thousands of fans, perhaps one question worth asking is this:

What is preventing the ISC from doing the job of representing the interests of West Ham United supporters?

Like Gary Lineker, I'm all ears....

Handpicked stooges from irrelevant, ineffective, closed shop, undemocratic, self absorbed 'supporters' groups.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Is the data available to compare v other clubs raising it to 66 ?
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

Only West Ham and Villa in the Premier League have raised qualification age for concessions to 66.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:44 am Only West Ham and Villa in the Premier League have raised qualification age for concessions to 66.
:shocker: Blimey wasn't expecting only 2, has Talkshite been onto this one ?!
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

I think the media has to be our next step mate.
E13 Forever

Post by E13 Forever »

Pop Robson wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:25 am :shocker: Blimey wasn't expecting only 2, has Talkshite been onto this one ?!

Funny how the club always wants to compare us with the other clubs when it comes to so called affordable football.
But when it comes to this they do not.
I wonder why not.
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Deadline fast approaching still not an inkling of the club budging on the price looks like the supporters board have meekly accepted the rip off without a whimper.
Need to be named and shamed.
loxfordhammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by loxfordhammer »

Only two premier league clubs raised concession rate to 66 years of age for OAP's.
It would be so West Ham if this is a red herring that they will drop and say "We listened to the fans"
and everyone forgets about the rises in season ticket prices.
E13 Forever

Post by E13 Forever »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:56 am Deadline fast approaching still not an inkling of the club budging on the price looks like the supporters board have meekly accepted the rip off without a whimper.
Need to be named and shamed.
Tick tock tick tock tick tock.
Are the isc going to let the club get away with this without even having a meeting with them.
Surly it would of looked better to get told to @@@@ off rather than just getting ignored.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

Season Ticket price increase,raising of qualifying age for concession tickets from 65 to 66, and payment deadline date.

The Independent Supporters Committee held an emergency meeting on June 1st and released the following statement which was sent to the club at on June 2nd.

The ISC was asked by the Club,.at less than 24 hours notice, to attend a meeting 25th April 2023 when the Club announced season ticket price increases for 23/24 season and the raising of the senior concession age from 65 to 66.

The ISC subsequently requested feedback from its individual members' fan groups, with significant responses and data coming from the West Ham United Supporter’s Club, West Ham United Bondholders and Hammers United, including a petition signed by 5,371 fans. The ISC issued a written statement describing the Season Ticket price increases as "excessive and unjustifiable" and the introduction and implementation of the Over 66 senior concession as "insensitive and inexcusable." The ISC emailed the Club on 12th May 2023 asking three key questions below and as of 1st June remain unanswered which is discourteous and disrespectful.

1. Why is an 8% increase justified?
2. Why was it necessary to change the qualifying age for a senior concession?
3. Why implement the over 66 change with only 24 hours notice?

The West Ham United Independent Supporters Committee (ISC), comprising of ten West Ham fan groups, met 1st June 2023 to discuss the situation. The ISC considers the Club’s conduct in this matter to be autocratic, arbitrary for such an important issue. These decisions negatively impact every single season ticket holder and the West Ham United Board appears oblivious to the needs of supporters currently facing a cost of living crisis. The ISC feels such actions leaves everyone wondering if the Club is sincere in achieving genuine fan engagement.

Furthermore, the Club's actions jeopardises the Club and ISC relationship, at such a time when the ISC and the Club are to negotiate and agree the terms of the ISC's transition to a Fan Advisory Board (in accordance with the Premier League’s Fan Engagement Standard).

Footnote.
The ISC have also asked the club to extend the payment deadline in the light of so many of our supporters incurring considerable expense travelling to Prague.-There has been no response from the club.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Probably get a response at midnight on the 17th June.
Liz Trust
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Liz Trust »

Northbank Bar wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:18 pm
significant responses and data coming from the West Ham United Supporter’s Club, West Ham United Bondholders and Hammers United, including a petition signed by 5,371 fans.

So it turns out 3 of the groups contacted their members to find out what they thought and WHUST with their 132 members wasn't one of them.

The professional voice of West Ham fans? My arse!