Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Diogenes
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by Diogenes »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:15 am Diogenes

As I am clearly associated with Hammers United and dont want followers speculating as to why I am banned from the stadium:-

For the record,I was the guy who 'raised' the corner flag.
:thup: :thup:
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: Petition against S.T. prices and upping of qualifying age for concession tickets.

Post by PF. »

Indeed you can hold your head high Bubbles. Your ugly boat was one I’d regularly see in some ****hole of a stadium on a Tuesday night!

As a matter of interest mate, and please don’t take this a dig, do you regret raising the flag or feel that you did the right thing.

My apologies for going OT. I’ve signed the petition, well done HU.
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Hi PF.

It cost me a grand and I'm banned for life.

But I believed mine was a 'political' protest for the good of West Ham United supporters and the club I will always love.

I still believe that,sometimes one has to have the courage of one's convictions and stand up to be counted.

No regrets mate.

COYI.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Fair enough, mate. :thup:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Kermit wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:13 am I don't think you'll find too many people who agree with that particular poibnt of view. I don't think it's apathy, simply a realisation that apart from withdrawing our custom there is very littlwe that people can do.

I used to have a ST and a corporate box back in the day but I decided to cancel both the day Sullivan & Gold acquired the club. Didn't make the slightest difference of course, except it made me feel better, but if several thousand took the same course of action it would have a big impact on pricing policy.
Ok - if it’s not apathy then it’s a cousin: acceptance.

You took a big step and kudos to you for doing that. The people that took your place won’t be as long term as you, and once the winds blow the other way, as they surely will sooner or later, that’s when it will all hit the fan.

Meanwhile those of us still on the inside (sort of) have to do what we can. What we try may not come off, but it still needs to be done, and show some fight. Believe me the club does notice…

So every signature matters. :hamm:
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

E13 Forever wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:58 am So if I decide to pay up that means I can not say I think the club is taking the @@@@
There are lots of things that are to dear but I buy them because I work hard and manage to find way to afford it
That does not mean I agree with rhe prices being charged but it does mean I can sign a petition to support those people who are not fortunate as I am and who might end up never seeing there team playing again
You are fast living up to your name kermit.
Jog on.
Nothing wrong with signing a petition to make your feelings known. But you obviously don’t see the irony in someone telling the world and his wife how people are being taken for mugs and then paying the asking price. A sort of self inflicted wound wouldn’t you say ?
Diogenes
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:49 pm Hi PF.

But I believed mine was a 'political' protest for the good of West Ham United supporters and the club I will always love.

I still believe that,sometimes one has to have the courage of one's convictions and stand up to be counted.

No regrets mate.

COYI.
I tend to agree NB.There are billions of people around the globe who would cut off their right arm to be able to protest like us. I have no time at all for those who do not vote or protest when it is their right to do so. It doesn't matter what your chances are of success, you could be the only one, but never, ever abuse that right that people better than yourself have died for.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

Albie Beck wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:47 pm Ok - if it’s not apathy then it’s a cousin: acceptance.

You took a big step and kudos to you for doing that. The people that took your place won’t be as long term as you, and once the winds blow the other way, as they surely will sooner or later, that’s when it will all hit the fan.

Meanwhile those of us still on the inside (sort of) have to do what we can. What we try may not come off, but it still needs to be done, and show some fight. Believe me the club does notice…

So every signature matters. :hamm:
Tbh when packed up with the ST and the box it was a purely personal thing. Nothing to do with football at all. My company had dealings with Sullivan’s organisation and I basically couldn’t stand the bloke. Decided he was already wealthy enough without me adding to it.
Birchammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Birchammer »

Signed. Very important to do so, it's yet another example of how the club basically hold fans in contempt. And they keep on doing it, they don't let us down do they in this regard.

What with the overpriced Larnaca tickets, the arsing about with electronic tickets, food and drink prices, and that's just this season.

If no one holds them to account, this will just carry on and on.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

If they don't implement those 4-8% rises in ST, they'll only implement them somewhere else.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Edit: Can't be bothered.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Kermit wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:59 amThe chickens will eventually come home to roost however. The age demographic of people attending football matches is, apparently, going up. Younger people who love the game can now get their fill of it via the TV broadcasts. Their attitude is why pay £40 or £50 for a ticket, plus the cost of travel to actually get there when I can watch it on the box for a fraction of the cost.
When we were at the Boleyn, the average supporter age was something 45 and that was 15 or so years ago. Where I sat in the West Upper there were literally no kids and certainly no teenagers. Now match days have a lot more of both and a lot more multi generation families. On Mrs RRs side of the family there are 4 generation of ST holders. My own god daughter at 3 has a ST. holder. None of this would have happened at the BG in the Premier League era.

Okay many will drop off as they get older, but we have more of a chance of maintaining our fan base that pre 2016.
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:49 pm Hi PF.

No regrets mate.

COYI.
Hopefully slate will be wiped clean under new owners. Either that or grow a big beard ! :crest:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Phil S wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:06 am Seems to me that the majority of our fan-base are happy with the way the club is run and decisions they make.

We used to have a fight about us
Now it's apathy
Other than the bond scheme I am struggling to think of when we showed a bit of fight, unless we include taking the shed end, the Paxton and the Kippax.

Now it's apathy? How about our best ever top flight season where it took until February for us to get an attendance above 20,000. Against Leicester City our attendance was 12,000 and change. As soon as things looked a bit brighter the attendances rocketed. Fickle?

Perhaps people don't feel as strongly as others because they have other **** going on in their lives and perhaps West Ham is their only release.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1603 likes

Post by alf git »

At time of writing the petition is still not quite at 2500 signatures.
I'm going to say it because someone mentioned apathy. HU has a much trumpeted membership of over 19000. That's a pretty poor conversation rate. Apathy indeed.

I've signed, for what it's worth.
Northbank Bar
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Alf Git.

Thanks mate.

Just spoke to 4 mates of mine.-They all agreed with the petition yet not one had bothered to sign.

Three have now signed and the fourth is unable to navigate the petition which to be fair I also struggled with hugely.

Apathy indeed.-Sad times.
West Side
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by West Side »

Ok - if it’s not apathy then it’s a cousin: acceptance.

So every signature matters.

BRAVO.
E13 Forever
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by E13 Forever »

Kermit wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:56 pm Nothing wrong with signing a petition to make your feelings known. But you obviously don’t see the irony in someone telling the world and his wife how people are being taken for mugs and then paying the asking price. A sort of self inflicted wound wouldn’t you say ?

What like the irony of saying theres nothing wrong with signing a petition to make feelings known and then coating people off when they do.
No body is telling any one that they are mugs.
What is being said is that the club is taking the @@@@ out of there loyal supporters and that if people feel the same way they can sign a petition saying so.
If fans decide to renew it does not mean they agree with the prices it just means they want to support there team.
They do have the right to do that and think the club is taking the @@@@ at the same time.
Phil S
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Nailing it

IABATAC
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by IABATAC »

Phil S wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:12 am Nailing it
Sums up the position perfectly.

It doesn't matter if you're ST holder or not.

It doesn't matter if you can afford the increase or not.

It doesn't matter if you choose to renew or vote with your feet.

What does matter is that West Ham fans come together on this.

Please sign and share the petition and make sure you check your spam/junk folder for the confirmation.

https://www.change.org/p/oppose-west-ha ... m=copylink