🏆 UCLF: ACF Fiorentina 1-2 West Ham Utd (7/6/23)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Re: ACF Fiorentina vs West Ham Utd: match thread (UEFA Europa Conference League Final)

Post by sendô »

JerseyHammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:06 pm Might need to bring in a ****housing coach for this.

My biggest concern would be heads going, as the Italians are going to be doing everything they possibly can to influence the ref.

Side note - this opinion might be influenced by my team's 5 yellow cards and straight red in 7-a-side last night (I play in an over-35's league in Italy)
They'll absolutely try some shithousery, and honestly it's one of the main things that worries me.

Importantly though, our players seem quite disciplined and don't seem to rise to that sort of stuff. Moyes is normally fairly calm on the sidelines (booting the ball at the ball boy aside). We're not Arsenal and Arteta, after all.
noodles
Total likes: 1 like

Re: ACF Fiorentina vs West Ham Utd: match thread (UEFA Europa Conference League Final)

Post by noodles »

According to my sources, bubble machine is ready on the Slavia ground.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

norse wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:01 am Re the kit, I prefer eating spag bol to wearing it - each to their own though obviously
Yeah maybe. But I always seem to end up wearing some of it when I do eat it.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:37 am The weather is looking nice.. about 25c
Is it too early to start packing? Is it shorts or jeans… could be a long evening.
Thought you'd be out in Daisy Dukes, as per, Georgee.
WCpete
Has liked: 1492 likes
Total likes: 3190 likes

Post by WCpete »

I hope while our boys are enjoying some well earned r & r, we have a team of analysts looking at every pixel of this season's Fiorentina. Not that having that information will change how we're going to play, but you'd want to know all their player's tendencies. plus, it will take that long for someone to draw penalty takers direction percentages in crayon.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 399 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

In Prague on a short break now, weathers lush. Sunny and dry.

Shorts in the day, pair of jeans from early evening would be fine.

To all those out next week, have a great time, I'm very jealous
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

'for free' is the operative phrase missing there. They're showing the finals at no cost.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

I think this may be the longest week of my life..
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:14 pm Di Canio playing for you I take it then?
Closer to Masuaku as one of ours spat in the face of an opponent. The opponent, who is still the biggest ****houser I've ever encountered, tried to upper cut him but being half his height, failed to land it. Our lad hit the deck screaming. All our lot went piling in except me, I was just stood there open mouthed watching it all unravel, rapidly considering my future in the world of over-35s Italian football.

Just when I thought, 'there is no possible way people can take a spit in the face so lightly' , a few of our lot went ballistic at the Italian Carragher after the game, so apparently there are some standards.

To top it off, that wasn't even the red!
GreenIron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

7 sleeps to go …

I can’t think about anything else.
Pob!
Has liked: 1073 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by Pob! »

I think I'm going to have to see my doctor about putting me back on Prozac..
The anxiety is real people :newharry:
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Watching this match with a lot of premiership has beens is making me confident for next week

West Ham -1 is 9/2
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

I can't wait. I know I have to, but I just can't.

I might take a few days off next week as the day seems to go much quicker.

It feels like that bit between Christmas and New Year.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Romfordboy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:36 pm Watching this match with a lot of premiership has beens is making me confident for next week

West Ham -1 is 9/2
Yeah honestly, considering we beat Sevilla last year and have got better since then, I'd fancy us against either of these.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:43 pm I can't wait. I know I have to, but I just can't.

I might take a few days off next week as the day seems to go much quicker.

It feels like that bit between Christmas and New Year.
I've got 12 nights in Crete to recover. The less said about cutting that holiday short so I can go to Prague, the better. The final is on the wifes birthday also! :zippy:
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Jonah wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 pm The final is on the wifes birthday also! :zippy:
Does she think it should be Benrahma or Fornals on the left side?
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

I just asked - whoever scores the winner so you don't come home with the hump.

She might be right.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

This next week is gonna drag isn't it!
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I think youtube has been ****ing with me. In the last 72 hrs the algorithm has chucked our matches vs Astra, Domzale, and a preseason thumping by Rubin Kazan. Nightmarish memories.