Proposed fanzone for ECL final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

stuarttampin

Re: Proposed fanzone for ECL final

Post by stuarttampin »

Is the Fan zone in Prague free ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

stuarttampin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:37 pm Is the Fan zone in Prague free ?
It is...

I was looking forward to seeing the pictures of a packed-out fan zone - shame 1500 people are going somewhere else for £40 a pop!
stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin »

I am sure the other 20,000 of us will make the photos look half decent. I couldn't find any information about tickets for it so glad you could confirm. Worth going just for chesney Hawkes lol.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:38 pm It is...

I was looking forward to seeing the pictures of a packed-out fan zone - shame 1500 people are going somewhere else for £40 a pop!
I have already said why I’m doing that to be fair.

Each to their own though, I hope it’s awesome. 👍
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Still nothing re the orbit ?
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:45 pm Still nothing re the orbit ?
Same here. I registered for the Supporters Club Gig and registered (Luckily found a link as the club had said they'd be emailing members details once on sale, but didn''t). I also registered for the Orbital options in case, for both I received response about being informed details 4pm today but still nothing.
I hope the Carpenters isn't too busy, if I do decide to travel up.
Somegeezer1989
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Somegeezer1989 »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm What time will everyone start drinking on the day? :grin:
Booked on the Staropramen Brewery tour at 11am.. start the day off with a bit of culture… spaces available, £10 and you get 4 beers. :beers:
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Hermit_Road wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:31 pm Same here. I registered for the Supporters Club Gig and registered (Luckily found a link as the club had said they'd be emailing members details once on sale, but didn''t). I also registered for the Orbital options in case, for both I received response about being informed details 4pm today but still nothing.
I hope the Carpenters isn't too busy, if I do decide to travel up.
Received an email 30 minutes ago apologising for the delay and that 'hopefully' details will be sent out tomorrow (No time limit given this time though).
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Ive booked up the Club London thing now. Not like being there but feels a bit more sentimental than most other options.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

LondonTom wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:42 pm Blimey if thats true, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. I don't think there are many who want to pay £200 for a screening.

Even at the Indigo2 or the Club London thing you would be lucky to do £200 in beer 😂 £60 pie and a pint seems relatively good value 😂
Looks like the £200 option is the meal and drink option at the top of the Orbit.
The £38 option is for the podium bar (where the supporters club now meet).
Begs the question where they intend to put the giant outdoor screens they are advertising, I'd be very surprised if they are allowed to put them up anywhere inside the Olympic Park.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

can anyone get along to the orbit and cnfirm that something will be happening there as I am beginning to not believe all the talk. also no details on how much for an ordinary fan who wants a few pints and to watch the big screen option.

as I said before time to support the local pub rather than all these fanzones/O2 venues.

when`s the next date that info is supposedly coming out as 4pm yesterday has long gone !
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 am can anyone get along to the orbit and cnfirm that something will be happening there as I am beginning to not believe all the talk. also no details on how much for an ordinary fan who wants a few pints and to watch the big screen option.

as I said before time to support the local pub rather than all these fanzones/O2 venues.

when`s the next date that info is supposedly coming out as 4pm yesterday has long gone !
Don't think it's anything to do with the Orbit as such, it's just apparently being hired for the evening. Doubt they will have any details.
It's being organised on Facebook and any questions you have should probably be directed there.
(See my last post).
Bradley_m
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bradley_m »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 am as I said before time to support the local pub rather than all these fanzones/O2 venues.
That would be fine for those with families if this was a weekend afternoon final.
But as many others have pointed out many pubs do not welcome u18s past 7pm/8pm, therefore are seeking family friendly alterntives to watch it with their kids in a place with like minded fans.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

They need permission from Newham Council on capacity. They want 5,000 but currently I believe have permission for 3,500. They are selling the hospitality packages (which I mentioned earlier on this thread only at the moment)
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Hackney Bridge Kitchens doing something. I've booked in there.
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Anyone know any decent places in Colchester to watch the game?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am Hackney Bridge Kitchens doing something. I've booked in there.
I'm getting twitchy about this Orbit thing.

Hackney bridge seems a great alternative. :thup:
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Booked Hackney Bridge.

Only thing is it’s on their garden screen. Hopefully it’s not raining.

£10 and get a pint chucked in
Hammertaff
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Hammertaff »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am Hackney Bridge Kitchens doing something. I've booked in there.
Thanks for the tip...booked 👍
amoxitine
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by amoxitine »

I see Orbit now have over 8000 RSVPs submitted for the combined outdoor zones (including the family zone) aside from the Orbit itself and The Podium, I can't see how that many fans would be catered for in that section of the park (available space, stewarding/policing, catering etc) so if it does go ahead I think there'll be a lot of disappointed applicants that won't be able to get a ticket due to a limit on numbers.

Saw today that The Daggers are showing the game at their clubhouse so may well just go for that instead, especially as they have well priced bevvies (and is closer to Gidea Park for me)