Proposed fanzone for ECL final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Re: Proposed fanzone for ECL final

Post by Jonah »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:51 pm I’ve not been following this, but why on Earth isn’t the ‘biggest screen in the universe’ being used and have a big fan park on n front of the stadium.

We are run by people with less imagination than Eric Trump when he’s tired.
Baseball bro. Strrrriiiiiiiiike!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

So still nothing. Good job no money has passed hands .sounds a right dodgy set up.
Time to support local pubs in the area.
Does anyone know what the black lion, black bull, Abbey tap are doing ?
I think I will stay local as it takes me 1.5 hrs to get to Stratford, would have been nice to watch in a big venue but seems the orbit eont happen, and I no longer trust the organisers .

Local pub it is
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 pm Does anyone know what the black lion, black bull, Abbey tap are doing ?
Every single pub that shows football will have it on. Phone them up if you need to double check.

There are also a fair few posters on this thread who have discussed lots of places who are making an event of it. Stop being a drama queen.
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Most pubs in the area are not doing anything but all will have the game on ,will be full off West Ham make your own entertainment.
Bradley_m
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bradley_m »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 pm So still nothing. Good job no money has passed hands .sounds a right dodgy set up.
I think I will stay local as it takes me 1.5 hrs to get to Stratford, would have been nice to watch in a big venue but seems the orbit eont happen, and I no longer trust the organisers .

Local pub it is
Just to be clear... are you sticking with a local pub???

How about letting those with U18s, who cannot go along to their local pub with the little ones, keep their own conversation going while you go off to one-off your locals???
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 pm So still nothing. Good job no money has passed hands .sounds a right dodgy set up.

Local pub it is
Don’t forget
Put a couple of bottles of bubbles in your pocket
For atmosphere.
kentboleyn
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

Im gonna park the car at Ebbsfleet Int station £13 for 4 hours,train fair £30.Club London£60 , 1 pint and pie,cheap as chips! :angryred: :angryred:
Take It to the Limit
Has liked: 1201 likes
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by Take It to the Limit »

Out of London, anyone within east reach of Manchester City centre, I hear the Brotherhood is where a fair few are meeting up. Never been there but I’m heading into town on Sunday, so will have a gander.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

They are showing it in The Boleyn pub.
Been confirmed.
KierZ
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by KierZ »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am Hackney Bridge Kitchens doing something. I've booked in there.
Thanks for the tip. bought a ticket myself
Sale-Away
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by Sale-Away »

Take It to the Limit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:48 pm Out of London, anyone within east reach of Manchester City centre, I hear the Brotherhood is where a fair few are meeting up. Never been there but I’m heading into town on Sunday, so will have a gander.
I am in Manchester - I may pop into town and see what's happening! Can't say I have been to Brotherhood, but it looks an interesting venue for sport. The Beer Hall at Pie and Ale is a great venue if you can get enough people wanting to watch a game there - it's my choice for the 6 nations
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 189 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

mushy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am They are showing it in The Boleyn pub.
Been confirmed.
They've stated free entry but first come first served.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Little driver in Bow or The Rusty bike in Mile end are both good in my experience.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

Wherever u are watching, can I just ask a simple question? Why do no available west ham prague bucket hats not fit my fat head?? It's an important question.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:38 pm It is...

I was looking forward to seeing the pictures of a packed-out fan zone - shame 1500 people are going somewhere else for £40 a pop!
Obviously people make their own choices and my ticketless sister is one of those going to the ironworks do as she prefers to be somewhere inside with seats and better toilets, plus it's open to the early hours so I can meet her there after the game before we have to be back at the airport .Don't get why it's a shame for some people to choose to do that.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Ilford Paolo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:07 pm Don't get why it's a shame for some people to choose to do that.
I had a huge amount of fun at the Ironworks event in Amsterdam, but it was far too pricey to get in. Likewise, this event is charging fans £40 which to me, feels like taking advantage of excited fans. I'm not sure it costs £70k+ to hire a venue, maybe it does, I dunno.

Annoyingly, I'm sure I'll end up paying £30 just to attend the afterparty because nowhere else is open :crylol:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

mental hamster666 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:02 pm Wherever u are watching, can I just ask a simple question? Why do no available west ham prague bucket hats not fit my fat head?? It's an important question.
I have experienced the same disappointment. I have however taken things all the way back to when I wore a claret and blue afro wig at the 2005 Play-Off Final and sourced another one from eBay for this special occasion.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

TinyMarsh

Post by TinyMarsh »

Just dropping this link here in case anyone hasn't seen it. £15 tickets in the Supporters Club.

https://arcelormittalorbit.digitickets. ... gory/48747

I'm a Supporters Club member and didn't know anything about this until someone I know mentioned they received an email from the ArcelorMittal Orbit people containing the above link. I wonder how many other supporter's club members have no idea about these tickets. Absolute **** show.
Last edited by TinyMarsh on Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

That does look very small indeed.