Proposed fanzone for ECL final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: Proposed fanzone for ECL final

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Jonah wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:14 pm Don't fear, there will 100% be one for us. I'm holding out the for one outside the Sparta ground (Letna) and they then put on some screens inside it. I'm surprised the other mentioned area (Výstaviště) is in the north Prague 7 area also. Still keeps all the riff raff on the other side of the bridge away from the Old Town.
Kretinsky's Sparta's president!
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Even if they don't have them now, a few big screens and they could sell out the Stadium. Will 19 points be enough? Here we go again!!
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm Are those two parks definitely for people without tickets or are they intended as a holding area for people with tickets before they get herded on to transport to the ground? I can see how the image on page 1 reads like the latter.
I believe it will be the later with separate fan zones like in Seville for ticketless to watch on big screens.

Apparently there are 3 ticket checks at the stadium before the turnstiles and anyone trying to get in with out a valid ticket will be transported to a holding area out of town and won’t get to see the match.

It seems like the policing is going to be very strict at the 3 finals this year after what happened in Paris. Basically if you don’t have a valid ticket don’t go near the stadiums or you will miss the game seems to be the message.
Surrey Supporter
Has liked: 92 likes

Post by Surrey Supporter »

danm79 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:22 am It seems like the policing is going to be very strict at the 3 finals this year after what happened in Paris. Basically if you don’t have a valid ticket don’t go near the stadiums or you will miss the game seems to be the message.
A local taxi driver got me a ticket when I was working out in Bratislava when Slovan Bratislava played against Chelski. The old bill out there do not mess about.

One chav pushed a steward trying to get in without a ticket and was immediately whacked with Batons by old Bill and thrown into the back of van.

A good watch as I was there as a neutral .... the game wasn't so good as the chavs won
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 212 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

Surrey Supporter wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:33 am A local taxi driver got me a ticket when I was working out in Bratislava when Slovan Bratislava played against Chelski. The old bill out there do not mess about.

One chav pushed a steward trying to get in without a ticket and was immediately whacked with Batons by old Bill and thrown into the back of van.

A good watch as I was there as a neutral .... the game wasn't so good as the chavs won
Are we calling Chelsea ‘the chavs’ now?

Not sure bashing the working class is a good look.

It’s like when Spurs call us ‘the p*keys’ just sounds a bit muggy.
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

BoleynInsider wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:54 am
It’s like when Spurs call us ‘the p*keys’ just sounds a bit muggy.
I still don't get why the Spuds call us that? I mean, we have always called The Bermondsey lot that, back in the day.

But then again, that does sound like the deluded lot, calling us that, as they never seem to lead, only follow...

Like their song, is nicked from the Saints (oh when the Saints go marching in).

They call us a name, that we use for Mi//w@//.

I think it's because they are so far behind their rivals that they have to compensate some where by pretending to be something they aren't?

One thing they can't copy at the moment, is being in a Cup final...let's hope we don't copy them by losing it!!

Back on topic...isn't it typical that our "owners" won't put their hands in their pockets to organise a fanzone in London? I blame Brady. She has zero business intelligence in terms of customer satisfaction and loyalty schemes. This is the best chance they have to bridge the game between the fans and the board and she once again misses a trick!!

I'll be in Prague, so I'm not that bothered but it shows how small time Brady and Sullivan are and how much they think of us!
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Quite glad watching it from home with mates round. Bbq first followed by watching on a comfy sofa with the best drinks readily available. Wish I had that 77" tv down at currys though.

Not only will it not fit I don't have a spare 3k.
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Doyley72 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:53 am I still don't get why the Spuds call us that? I mean, we have always called The Bermondsey lot that, back in the day.

But then again, that does sound like the deluded lot, calling us that, as they never seem to lead, only follow...

Like their song, is nicked from the Saints (oh when the Saints go marching in).

They call us a name, that we use for Mi//w@//.

I think it's because they are so far behind their rivals that they have to compensate some where by pretending to be something they aren't?

One thing they can't copy at the moment, is being in a Cup final...let's hope we don't copy them by losing it!!

Back on topic...isn't it typical that our "owners" won't put their hands in their pockets to organise a fanzone in London? I blame Brady. She has zero business intelligence in terms of customer satisfaction and loyalty schemes. This is the best chance they have to bridge the game between the fans and the board and she once again misses a trick!!

I'll be in Prague, so I'm not that bothered but it shows how small time Brady and Sullivan are and how much they think of us!
I think Sullivan and Brady are well aware of the hatred towards them and think f *** the fans tbh.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

bonzosbeard wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:50 pm I expect like minded Hammers in many towns will want to meet up at certain pubs. I'm not sure that there are many in Yeovil though, but interesting to see if there are.
I've got a place near Crewkerne, if I'm there I'll give you a shout!
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Doyley72 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:53 am I still don't get why the Spuds call us that? I mean, we have always called The Bermondsey lot that, back in the day.

To be fair we are towards the top of the π-key spectrum, Spurs call us it, we call Millwall it and Millwall call Gillingham it.

To be even fairer, no one really cares what Spurs do or say.......
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

amoxitine wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:50 pm Just seen that Indigo at the O2 have announced they will be showing the game as well. Tickets go on sale on 30th May at 11am
I wonder if they'll remove the seating, be like watching in a cinema otherwise.
Patsy Belgium

Post by Patsy Belgium »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:59 pm I wonder if they'll remove the seating, be like watching in a cinema otherwise.
Is popcorn provided ?
amoxitine
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by amoxitine »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:59 pm I wonder if they'll remove the seating, be like watching in a cinema otherwise.
You like to think so, if they don't I'd imagine most people will just stand on them anyways, and/or smash em up and chuck it at the screen if the referee / VAR is pony :crylol:
flaneur
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by flaneur »

Junco Partner wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:56 pm
Ballycastle is a sedate little seaside town with a high street jammed with pubs so I don't see any issue getting to see it on the telly.

A West Ham fan cheering on West Ham in a European final will be met with curiosity, mild enthusiasm and a little pity.
:crossed: Thank you, much appreciated. I don't usually attract trouble but don't want to have to curb my enthusiasm (or dismay) too much.
Junco Partner wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:56 pm Just don't stand for GSTQ and avoid any discussion on Declan Rice's "Irishness" and you'll be grand 8-)
I'll play a straight bat :zippy:
Patsy Belgium

Post by Patsy Belgium »

flaneur wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:23 pm :crossed: Thank you, much appreciated. I don't usually attract trouble but don't want to have to curb my enthusiasm (or dismay) too much.

I'll play a straight bat :zippy:
Sounds like a real blast ffs
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

We've got our tickets for the Colour fields fan park in Hackney Wick.
12 of us going altogether :scarfer:
Come and say hello, I'll be the bloke in the West Ham shirt drinking beer.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Coops wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 pm We've got our tickets for the Colour fields fan park in Hackney Wick.
12 of us going altogether :scarfer:
Come and say hello, I'll be the bloke in the West Ham shirt drinking beer.
You've done well Coops. Getting in there is like getting into Wonka's chocolate factory !!
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Wembley1966 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:12 pm There's 2 fan parks allocated in 2 large parks - Letna Park or Výstaviště Praha. They have yet to determine which one we get:

Ticket has just come through on the app in Block 106 (North Stand), looks like we’ll be allocated the Letna Park fan-zone
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

HarlowEssexHammer wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:27 am Ticket has just come through on the app in Block 106 (North Stand), looks like we’ll be allocated the Letna Park fan-zone
:scarfer: :scarfer:
zinger549
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by zinger549 »

The Railway Bell in South Woodford usually gets a good hammers crowd in. Can get quite busy so best to get their early. I assume O'Neil's in Leytonstone will have back area open for the final.