Proposed fanzone for ECL final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Re: Proposed fanzone for ECL final

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Does anyone know what pubs in Hornchurch are likely to be showing the final and whether it will be ticket entry or just walk in?
My son and friends will be in a pub somewhere around town but not sure I’ve got the street cred to be allowed to tag along with them :smiler:
amoxitine
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by amoxitine »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 pm Does anyone know what pubs in Hornchurch are likely to be showing the final and whether it will be ticket entry or just walk in?
My son and friends will be in a pub somewhere around town but not sure I’ve got the street cred to be allowed to tag along with them :smiler:
I think all the pubs in Hornchurch (Firkin, Sutton Arms and Cricketers) will be showing the game and I don't think it will be paid entry for any of them, but stand to be corrected!

Also just seen on FB in one of the WH groups that there will be a fan zone by the orbital tower by the stadium, £10 entry, £5 for kids, with designated family and over 18 zones
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

amoxitine wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:23 pm

Also just seen on FB in one of the WH groups that there will be a fan zone by the orbital tower by the stadium, £10 entry, £5 for kids, with designated family and over 18 zones
Have you got a link mate?
amoxitine

Post by amoxitine »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:54 pm Have you got a link mate?
Try this....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7254238994
amoxitine

Post by amoxitine »

Also the Firkin in Hornchurch has posted on FB there's no tickets at their gaff, free entry
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

The Chequers Hornchurch will be showing it
The Drill Gidea Park as well but £2.50 a ticket on sale from Friday ,buy at the ramp.
MafiaLeader
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by MafiaLeader »

For our friends in the north, I’ve seen on Facebook the ”Trans Pennine Irons” have arranged something in Manchester
johnnyboy123
Has liked: 366 likes
Total likes: 272 likes

Post by johnnyboy123 »

MafiaLeader wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:42 pm For our friends in the north, I’ve seen on Facebook the ”Trans Pennine Irons” have arranged something in Manchester
Is that for people born in Yorkshire but feel they shoulda been born in Lancashire?
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

So torn between booking a few days off work and stumping cash to travel to Prague (money is tight, ST renewal next month as well).

Or watching it at a pub in Shoreditch/Dalston that’ll no doubt be crawling with Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd fans.

Seems a no brainer on paper but my wallet is disintegrating. Shame the club aren’t organising nothing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

BoleynInsider wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:32 am So torn between booking a few days off work and stumping cash to travel to Prague (money is tight, ST renewal next month as well).

Or watching it at a pub in Shoreditch/Dalston that’ll no doubt be crawling with Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd fans.

Seems a no brainer on paper but my wallet is disintegrating. Shame the club aren’t organising nothing.
Instead of watching it in a pub in Dalston why don't don't just head up to Sttatford where the pubs will be crammed with West Ham fans? Also, there does seem tk be quite a few places holding events which you could go to without having to go all the way to Prague!
boleyn boy
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by boleyn boy »

For all you Bedford Fans that cant get to Prague Big Jim at the Queens in Queens Park is having a BBQ and party night for the final. Gonna be a good old knees up with the pub full of Hammers and its no ticket requird. :hammb: :scarfer: Run by a true West Ham geezzer
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:32 pm Do you need tickets for that Tim?
Sorry Eggy just seen this, had to book a table (arrival time etc) and give a £25 refundable deposit for the table. Its an outside table with a "Sport event view" inside was already full....Hopefully of other Hammers !!!!!
flaneur
Has liked: 183 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by flaneur »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:35 am If you want a quieter one drink over Bermondsey/ New Cross.
Possibly related. I'll be in Ballycastle, largely Catholic according to WikipedIa. Assuming I can find a pub showing the match, anyone guess how an Englishman cheering on an English team (playing in orange!) would be received? It's 20 years since I was last in Northern Ireland but I can still remember the stone-faced glare when I asked for the wrong newspaper in the wrong newsagent.
DenziMart
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by DenziMart »

BoleynInsider wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:32 am So torn between booking a few days off work and stumping cash to travel to Prague (money is tight, ST renewal next month as well).

I just got tickets for The Village Underground in Shoreditch: https://4thefans.tv/shoreditch-europa-c ... ague-final
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 672 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

E15Iron wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:21 pm Community Road Social Club in Stratford - E15 1JT, are hiring 10 foot screens in their hall which is decked out in West Ham. Under 18s are welcome. Link to purchase tickets below -

https://www.eventcreate.com/e/westhamwa ... gstratford
Cheers for the recommendation E15, managed to get tickets for this.

Decent price at £7pp, beers are £3.50 also
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Brizzle for me and my lot.
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

Does anyone know if theres anywhere in Cambridge that's doing anything. Im not on any socials so finding it hard to find some information
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

amoxitine wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:02 pm Try this....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7254238994
The Real West Ham Fan Zone.
Hmmm.....
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

Thanks ill get someone to log in and have a look for me.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

For anyone out Guildford way The Holroyd Arms in Stoughton used to be a West Ham pub and a decent place to watch the footie. I'm going back 8 or so years though so it might have changed hands.