ACF Fiorentina

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Re: ACF Fiorentina

Post by The Straw »

Jovic missed a hatful in the semi and now tonight he's missing the target. I'm trying to work out if that's good our bad for us, usually strikers break their ducks against us :crylol:
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Garry wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:44 pmI meant Milan
You mean Milan will have a field day against Milan? :eh:
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

That’s the first final lost
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Heysel76 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:51 pm You mean Milan will have a field day against Milan? :eh:
Yeh I did but I put the mistake right under the first one I did
Writtle iron
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Writtle iron »

Hopefully Roma will beat them at the weekend and get there heads to really drop and
Loose all momentum.
SJack
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by SJack »

Writtle iron wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:57 pm Hopefully Roma will beat them at the weekend and get there heads to really drop and
Loose all momentum.
BigFatSam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:55 pm That’s the first final lost
Well, we weren't fully at it after a decent start. Let them come on and Jovic....showed he's not fully up to speed as he's hardly played.

At face value, we were underdogs and playing the Champions League finalists. I said earlier today that Martinez was a danger and so it proved to be.

I've seen much better from us and would say that was a mediocre performance for the most part.

Yes, we now need to show up in two weeks time (resting key players) but believe we will. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Going to be interesting for both sides!
BigFatSam

Post by BigFatSam »

SJack wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:25 pm Well, we weren't fully at it after a decent start. Let them come on and Jovic....showed he's not fully up to speed as he's hardly played.

At face value, we were underdogs and playing the Champions League finalists. I said earlier today that Martinez was a danger and so it proved to be.

I've seen much better from us and would say that was a mediocre performance for the most part.

Yes, we now need to show up in two weeks time (resting key players) but believe we will. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Going to be interesting for both sides!
We’re very much polar opposites in terms of play style so will be very interesting
SJack

Post by SJack »

BigFatSam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:28 pm We’re very much polar opposites in terms of play style so will be very interesting
Yep, it's going to be interesting but nerve-wracking for both sets of fans! The only two bits if hope I'm clinging onto are: 1) we've played much better than tonight and have to go for it, and 2) the last time we faced a Moyes team (Everton 2008) we knocked them out of the Europa after penalties, so at least there's some psychology there!
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

After watching tonight I do have more concerns than I was hoping I'd have, but if we turn up we can win this.
Anyone who watched that tonight already knows how this game will go in terms of pattern of play. They will largely control possession, press us high and hope we give them the ball in dangerous areas. Our task will be to beat their press and hit them on the counter.
Very much like the AZ game I think although Fiorentina have more craft and guile in attacking areas so our defence need to be really on their game.
Positives... fiorentina play a high line... Nuff said. :hamm:
Last edited by Absolutely Hammered! on Wed May 24, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigFatSam

Post by BigFatSam »

SJack wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:37 pm Yep, it's going to be interesting but nerve-wracking for both sets of fans! The only two bits if hope I'm clinging onto are: 1) we've played much better than tonight and have to go for it, and 2) the last time we faced a Moyes team (Everton 2008) we knocked them out of the Europa after penalties, so at least there's some psychology there!
Do Fiorentina travel well? Is demand for tickets for the final as high as it is at West Ham?
SJack

Post by SJack »

BigFatSam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:58 pm Do Fiorentina travel well? Is demand for tickets for the final as high as it is at West Ham?
For a big game, yes we do. We took over 20k tonight to Rome. From experience (and considering UEFA's 5% standard quota minimum for away games) I was at Ibrox for the Europa semi in 2008 with over 2k and we had about 1.5k at Tynecastle in October for just a group game. Average attendance is around 32,000 with over 25k season tickets, so it will be sold out for sure.

Is it 5k each + hospitality/corporate for Prague?
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

Do Fiorentina fans like to use belts as weapons like other Italian fans ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

That's a decent following to be fair. We only have 55,000 season ticket holders.
BigFatSam

Post by BigFatSam »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:29 pm Do Fiorentina fans like to use belts as weapons like other Italian fans ?
They’re on the tamer side of Italian hooliganism I believe.
BigFatSam

Post by BigFatSam »

SJack wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:23 pm Is it 5k each + hospitality/corporate for Prague?
It seems that way, yes.
SJack

Post by SJack »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:29 pm Do Fiorentina fans like to use belts as weapons like other Italian fans ?
No, we use them to make our trousers look stylish.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

SJack wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:23 pm Is it 5k each + hospitality/corporate for Prague?
I believe they've increased it slightly to about 5.8k per team but still obviously nowhere near enough.

Good to have a respectful and intelligent fan from an opposing team on here. Looking forward to the final.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

SJack wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 pm No, we use them to make our trousers look stylish.
Bellisimo
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

I didn’t watch the game, but don’t doubt they are a decent outfit. Hearing about the way they play, hopefully that suits us.

We’ve played our best stuff over the last three years when we concede possession and can counter attack.

In contrast, we’ve often looked poor when teams allow us the ball, because we don’t have the craft or guile to unlock a defence in that way.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Coppa Italia highlights here:

Doesn't tell you that much about Fiorentina, but I'm pleased we're not going to see Dumfries lining up against our left-hand side. Or Lukaku getting his customary free goals against us.