Schofield and ITV

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: Schofield and ITV

Post by Puff Daddy »

He also said in that Amol Rajan interview, just before the news broke, he telephoned his wife and she wasn't very happy with him.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

But do we hound a person who has made mistakes to suicide?

There was a lot about the Caroline Flack suicide at the time, and we have our own mental health thread.

He will never work in television again, but unlike us, or even released criminals, he will find it difficult to find any job or purpose to his life.

I'm not condoning how he acted with that boy, no way.

I just don't feel comfortable with the media witch hunt.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Everyone has to have their pound of flesh Bonzos.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

He hasn't been arrested yet so I am not entirely sure why it is even news at this stage. If it gets that far, fine there is some plausible news to report on. We've had a primetime BBC interview over someone leaving their ITV job, what on earth is going on? It's free image management at this point. There are some far more important things i'd rather time was spent on until there is actually something to report. Unless we are at the point we can't trust the police to do their jobs whatsoever. It all seems a bit OK magazine to me.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:17 pm But do we hound a person who has made mistakes to suicide?

There was a lot about the Caroline Flack suicide at the time, and we have our own mental health thread.

He will never work in television again, but unlike us, or even released criminals, he will find it difficult to find any job or purpose to his life.

It's a good point.

I can't stick the bloke, but then I can't stick a lot of people on TV.

ITV will no doubt lead the charge, if he were to top himself, with all the #BeKind b*llocks.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

Come on, he's started the interview off by comparing himself to Caroline Flack.

It's classic narcissist behaviour, turning the tables to paint himself as the victim.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65775251
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 706 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

djclipz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:54 pm He hasn't been arrested yet so I am not entirely sure why it is even news at this stage. If it gets that far, fine there is some plausible news to report on. We've had a primetime BBC interview over someone leaving their ITV job, what on earth is going on? It's free image management at this point. There are some far more important things i'd rather time was spent on until there is actually something to report. Unless we are at the point we can't trust the police to do their jobs whatsoever. It all seems a bit OK magazine to me.
Bread and circuses mate. There's far more important issues in the world at the moment, yet this kind of **** dominates the media.

The world's a freak show and boy do the plebs love their freaks.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 am the bloke has already admitted lying to cover his own arse

If he had done that he might not be in this mess :)
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Why vape during an interview? Is he trying to look trendy to the kids!! Make himself more appealing to them!

We all know what other pervert liked to have a puff in the public eye! Now then, now then!
Last edited by claretandblue82 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 857 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:17 pm But do we hound a person who has made mistakes to suicide?

This is the equivalent of a Minister caught shagging a junior staff member. It is an abuse of position and understandably would result in resignation or sacking.

I’d like to hear the young lad’s view on this and I hope the ITV investigation fully covers this. If he feels it was consensual and he wasn’t groomed, then that’s it. Time to leave the bloke alone.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:32 pm Bread and circuses mate. There's far more important issues in the world at the moment, yet this kind of **** dominates the media.

The world's a freak show and boy do the plebs love their freaks.
There are lots of things we don't agree on, but sometimes I honestly think I love you mate.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:36 pm This is the equivalent of a Minister caught shagging a junior staff member. It is an abuse of position and understandably would result in resignation or sacking.
Chris Pincher MP says hello.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sendô wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:22 pm classic narcissist behaviour, turning the tables to paint himself as the victim.
Whether he is definitely a narcissist, you and I will never 100% know for sure, but yes, from afar, that's certainly how he is coming across.

He's in damage limitation, media management mode. He's putting across his narrative, or at least the best one he and his advisers could come up with, in the time and the circumstances he has. And you can see from Puff's post above that he is being as successful as he can in that attempt - what he is saying will chime with some. And that for him will be the best result he can muster. He knows his career with ITV and big players like the BBC is dead in the water. He's laying the ground-work for future employment with the likes of Channel 5 - I'd put money on him turning up there or somewhere similar in time.

My wife used to watch This Morning. She said that often they would have someone on it who saw aliens at the bottom of their garden or thought that they had been Napoleon in a previous life. That sort of thing. People who if they weren't attention seeking, or maybe really were Napoleon a couple of hundred years ago, seemed to have mental health issues. She said they were on there as a freak-show element as Philip, Holly and co let them make fools of themselves for the sake of 'entertainment'. And it's only now, when it involves him that he becomes aware of the dangers of media intrusion/ focus? I don't buy that.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Yes Dave, we all believe that it was your "missus" who watched This Morning.... :winker:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

sendô wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:22 pm Come on, he's started the interview off by comparing himself to Caroline Flack.

It's classic narcissist behaviour, turning the tables to paint himself as the victim.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65775251
Started to watch it, then just had to turn it off after bringing his daughters into it, can't see past someone who's had years of working in media and trying to get the audience on-side.

Hope I am right and he doesn't do anything stupid.
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:09 am He said in that interview that the guy initially tweeted him and asked if he could follow him, when aged 15. Schofield, said, yeah, like whatever and then that was it. 4 years later, the guy aged 19, tweeted him again and said. Will it possible, for me to come along to look around the ITV studios, as sort of work experience. Schofield said, well yeah, that's alright and that was the beginning of their relationship. Schofield said, he kissed the guy in the dressing room and then a sex act took place, right there in the dressing room
Would he have been so accommodating if the kid had looked like plague victim?

I can see some interesting programming eventually coming along. A Barrymore and Schofield hosted challenge show where middle aged formally straight gays have to keep it a secret from their wives, or perhaps something like WAGS where we follow the ex wives of gay stars in a Wives of Gay Stars kinda thing, have to change the anacronym though.....
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

You can put your shirt on him being in the next series of I'm a celebrity, get me out of here'
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2651 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:25 pmMy wife used to watch This Morning. She said that often they would have someone on it who saw aliens at the bottom of their garden or thought that they had been Napoleon in a previous life. That sort of thing. People who if they weren't attention seeking, or maybe really were Napoleon a couple of hundred years ago, seemed to have mental health issues. She said they were on there as a freak-show element as Philip, Holly and co let them make fools of themselves for the sake of 'entertainment'. And it's only now, when it involves him that he becomes aware of the dangers of media intrusion/ focus? I don't buy that.
I walked past when the wife had it on in the kitchen once and they had some quack on there talking about crystals, energy and healing. At no point did anyone say "this stuff is all b*llocks and viewers should treat it as such", this person was allowed to raise their profile and sell more of their crap on the back of this. Schofield and Willoughby have got really wealthy doing this stuff - and I sort of don't blame them, because these sort of gigs probably don't come along too often and there are a long list of people ready to take their place.

Regarding Schofield, whoever told him not to lay low for a while instead of issuing an immediate mea culpa (sort of) might want to move into a different line of work. Because even if he is genuinely sorry, this doesn't look like that, it just looks like him doing some media firefighting.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 335 likes
Total likes: 706 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:51 pm There are lots of things we don't agree on, but sometimes I honestly think I love you mate.
Ease up, honky tonks. I can never love a man who drinks or has drunk wine.