Schofield and ITV

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: Schofield and ITV

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Kentish Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 pm Completely off topic but I feel really sorry for the kid when I hear about people of these kind of ages fathering children.

The kid will never have an active Dad, and in all likelihood will no longer have a Dad at all by the time he is 10.

Its selfish in my opinion.
People can die at any time.

Plus he'll still have a mum, a legendary dad & a privileged lifestyle.

Saying people of a certain age shouldn't have kids is selfish in my opinion :grin:
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

Shabu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:11 pm People can die at any time.

Plus he'll still have a mum, a legendary dad & a privileged lifestyle.

Saying people of a certain age shouldn't have kids is selfish in my opinion :grin:
I have it on good authority that someone who has children at 83 is statistically far more likely to die before they become teenagers than someone in their 20s, 30s or 40s.

And having money and a famous but dead Dad is no substitute for having the chance to spend decent quality time with one of your parents.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

I found out about that show runner on here about 3 years ago. - you can’t tell me HW was oblivious
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

simonirons wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 pm I found out about that show runner on here about 3 years ago. - you can’t tell me HW was oblivious
Holly's on KUMB? :shocker:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

If you spend your life treating people like c****, don't be surprised if you get treated like one too.

Hopefully, we are seeing the beginning of the end of celebrity culture and we can all sit back and watch them kill each other.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Kentish Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 pm I have it on good authority that someone who has children at 83 is statistically far more likely to die before they become teenagers than someone in their 20s, 30s or 40s.

And having money and a famous but dead Dad is no substitute for having the chance to spend decent quality time with one of your parents.
Two people in love wanting to have a baby isn't selfish. Death can happen to anyone. That's like saying only teenagers should have kids so you get to spend a really really long time with them.

That woman might be a fantastic mother, long after Pacino is dead. The kid could have an amazing childhood and life. Saying that his birth is an act of selfishness is terrible.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

RichieRiv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:30 pm Hopefully, we are seeing the beginning of the end of celebrity culture and we can all sit back and watch them kill each other.
Back to the good old days of Celebrity Deathmatch on MTV in the late 1990’s :ko:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:39 pm If a 50 year old man befriending a 15 year old boy, giving him a career jump when they became lovers after a year or two, and then ruthlessly dumping him a few few years later, all while he was married with his own kids while being the face of Cuddly TV with a focus on fun and welfare is fine by you, then nope. Nothing more to see here.
Not defending day time Phil in the slightest as he is correct to stand down after his actions. However at what stage does grooming become just two adults getting together?

I mean if met him at 15 and the second he turns 16 he is in bed with him because it's "legal" yes grooming but how long before it's just two adults? Say they met 15 but 10 years later get together is that still grooming or just fine now as a few years has past

I mean what he did was dodgy and as he said "unwise" but he isn't in his brother's league
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:14 am Not defending day time Phil in the slightest as he is correct to stand down after his actions. However at what stage does grooming become just two adults getting together?

I mean if met him at 15 and the second he turns 16 he is in bed with him because it's "legal" yes grooming but how long before it's just two adults? Say they met 15 but 10 years later get together is that still grooming or just fine now as a few years has past

I mean what he did was dodgy and as he said "unwise" but he isn't in his brother's league

If it was a 50 year old man with a 15 year old girl then became lovers once aged 16,17 etc you wouldn’t even question it as excepted or correct

Especially if it was your daughter for example a dirty old man

It’s grooming and abuse of power
Pretty much same league as his brother
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Larrakeyah Hammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:07 pm If it was a 50 year old man with a 15 year old girl then became lovers once aged 16,17 etc you wouldn’t even question it as excepted or correct

Especially if it was your daughter for example a dirty old man

It’s grooming and abuse of power
Pretty much same league as his brother
Yet the affair is supposed to have started when the lad was 20? So 5 years after they met

Hardly the actions of a groomer no?

Where as his brother is convicted of sexual acts with a child . Don't see how anyone could class them as the same league
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:28 am Yet the affair is supposed to have started when the lad was 20? So 5 years after they met

Where as his brother is convicted of sexual acts with a child . Don't see how anyone could class them as the same league

If my daughter is 15 meets a 50 year old at work and within at least 5 years are in a relationship especially secret as he’s already married

Then technically he’s not but in my eyes he’s championship play off finalist heading to the big league

Wrongun
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

BBC Breakfast played a shortened version of one of those Amol Rajan interviews with him. He is deeply, deeply remorseful of what happened and I couldn't help but feel really sorry for him. He said, " All he can see ahead of himself is, blackness" and I have to say, he needs watching very carefully and put on suicide watch. God forbid, but that was my take on it, anyhow
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 am He is deeply, deeply remorseful of what happened
After the event. Now doing interviews to mitigate the damage.
Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 am and I couldn't help but feel really sorry for him. He said, " All he can see ahead of himself is, blackness" and I have to say, he needs watching very carefully and put on suicide watch. God forbid, but that was my take on it, anyhow
Feel sorry for him after a few days of contrition? Hope you are not a judge Puff.....
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

mumbles87 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:28 am

It's text book actions of a groomer. Befriend a child, shower them with positivity, help them along in life, and persist and persist until you eventually get your way with them. It can still be grooming even if by the point of intimate contact the person is of legal age.

I'm 48 years old. Now if I met a female when she was 15, and she was in my life for five years and offered me a bit of jiggy-jiggy once she hit 20, there is no way on this earth that I would do anything about it. No chance at all. Legal, of course it is, but sticking my cock in someone that I first met when she was a child - that's wrong 'un behaviour - even more so when the person is also considerably younger than your own children.

And to take it at face value that the boy was 20 when he was intimate with him - meh - the bloke has already admitted lying to cover his own arse (no, that wasn't meant), so anything he now says can be taken with a giant dose of salt.

I also see he's already pulling the homophobia card, too.

Low life ****.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 am It's text book actions of a groomer. Befriend a child, shower them with positivity, help them along in life, and persist and persist until you eventually get your way with them. It can still be grooming even if by the point of intimate contact the person is of legal age.
100% agree. The Met's definition of grooming:

"Grooming is when a person builds a relationship with a child, young person or an adult who's at risk so they can abuse them and manipulate them into doing things. The abuse is usually sexual or financial, but it can also include other illegal acts. Grooming can take place online or in person and it can happen over a short or long period of time - from days to years".

Might as well rename it "Schofielding".
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

He said in that interview that the guy initially tweeted him and asked if he could follow him, when aged 15. Schofield, said, yeah, like whatever and then that was it. 4 years later, the guy aged 19, tweeted him again and said. Will it possible, for me to come along to look around the ITV studios, as sort of work experience. Schofield said, well yeah, that's alright and that was the beginning of their relationship. Schofield said, he kissed the guy in the dressing room and then a sex act took place, right there in the dressing room
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Thing is about liars, once found out you can't trust anything else they say.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 am I also see he's already pulling the homophobia card, too.
I saw that too, saying if it had been a female there wouldn’t be the scandal. He’ll say anything now to try and salvage something.

No, it’s no homophobia, he painted a picture of a himself been a happy married man with kids but in truth he was a dirty ****, messing about with a young guy, who he knew since the age of 15, and then lying to everyone about it.

Hopefully the other guy says what really happened but he is probably been paid off.

As for the stupid bint he worked with she needs binning off too! She knew, just like Cilla knew what Saville was up to!