FA Cup Final

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Re: FA Cup Final

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

have to say the highlights (ESPN plus) are making this about as even as you can despite the commentary saying that City are on top..and it could be Smith on the commentary here....
The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

Gundogan is the very definition of a winner, isn't he?

World class player.

Big-game player.

Winning mentality.

Sorry, Mr Dusseldorf, you just don't get that at Arsenal - no matter how much you keep talking up that club.

Certainly not from their perma-tantrum manager.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Billydinho wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm Why was “Pep” crying at the end?

They buy trophies every year - what was so special about this?

I’m developing a real irrational dislike for that man.
I get why people may dislike him but I think it’s undoubted he goes down as one of the greatest managers. A absolute superb coach who imo has had a bigger impact on football than any other in the last 20 years. I mean not a single manager in the game turns John Stones into what he has become.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Lovejoy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:09 am I mean not a single manager in the game turns John Stones into what he has become.
Signed at 18 years old by David Moyes
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

jastons wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:14 am Signed at 18 years old by David Moyes
Yeah I know, but not just Moyes but who would see a conventional centre half slotting into center midfield so easy and looking a world beater at it. Kudos obviously goes to the player but Pep is a fantastic coach.

Not a dig at moyes by the way and never was.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

It does annoy me when people claim Man City are 'fake' or they don't have history etc.

Perpetuates the idea that only the Sky 6 deserve to win anything.
The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:35 am It does annoy me when people claim Man City are 'fake' or they don't have history etc.

Perpetuates the idea that only the Sky 6 deserve to win anything.
Yeah it's nauseating. I'm in my 30's but even i'm aware that Man City have a really good history as a club, even though when I grew up in the 90's they weren't all that. I'm vaguely aware that they won the league and cup over the 60's and 70's and maybe even the ECWC. I'm also aware that they had a player called Colin Bell who was supposedly absolutely amazing but unfortunately got a career-ender when he was in his prime. They're not some ******** club. Or at least, they weren't. Football's all gone bandy now, obviously.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Didn't watch it live. Recorded motd highlights but then deleted after I instead watched the 5 minutes highlights on the BBC Sport website.
Quite enough for me. :newthumb:
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Any team that makes Man Yoo look **** is good for me.

Pep is the best coach in the world, first coach to invert a full back - Klopp then does it with TAA and everyone salivates without knowing the fact pep did it way before the German.

I like watching City, their players are tactically and on the ball superior to any other team, its not just the money they have spent but the lack of any failures like we sign ...
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

City are just another sky 6 darling now. We're a decent club now just a money making sure. Hiw are they allowed to buy all the clubs around the world including in Europe.
Pep is a very good coach but he has the money and at the best teams. Keys see him do it at a Norwich or dare I say it west ham !

Boring now they are winning everything. 6 titles in last 7 years
League Cup similar

I hope they lose next week as I hate seeing teams dominate everything. Football without competition is boring.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:51 am City are just another sky 6 darling now. We're a decent club now just a money making sure. Hiw are they allowed to buy all the clubs around the world including in Europe.
Pep is a very good coach but he has the money and at the best teams. Keys see him do it at a Norwich or dare I say it west ham !

Boring now they are winning everything. 6 titles in last 7 years
League Cup similar

I hope they lose next week as I hate seeing teams dominate everything. Football without competition is boring.
Why would Guardiola ever go to Norwich or West Ham though? He's the best coach in the world.

That Messi's alright but could he do it for Norwich?
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

I thought having the 2 Manc clubs in the final actually managed to add some value to a final that has been on the decline for a while.

Read something yesterday about the play off final in 1999 when Paul Dickov scored vs Gillingham - at least there will be Man City fans around that can remember the not-so-glorious days so will be able to value these moments.

And yeah Fernandes, there's a face even his mother would struggle with
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

rat face fernandez is a horrible snidey player for sure along with cassimero who should have been off.
it was a handball and penalty but made no difference in the end. the better team won .
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Pep is a great manager and coach it aint just stones he as changed its also grealish he did not play him most of the first season they bought him but this season grealish as come on another level thsts becouse of pep .
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Garry wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:37 am Pep is a great manager and coach it aint just stones he as changed its also grealish he did not play him most of the first season they bought him but this season grealish as come on another level thsts becouse of pep .
Not sure you would cut Moyes the same slack if a 100m signing took a year to settle so he didn't play him much.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

pezza20 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:57 am Any team that makes Man Yoo look **** is good for me.

Pep is the best coach in the world, first coach to invert a full back - Klopp then does it with TAA and everyone salivates without knowing the fact pep did it way before the German.

I like watching City, their players are tactically and on the ball superior to any other team, its not just the money they have spent but the lack of any failures like we sign ...
I wonder how many “player gifts” the Man City chairman hands to Pep ?

Pep would probably down tools and be straight out the door.

As much as we laud Guardiola, it’s also a lot to do with set up he brings. He will have countless backroom staff, his own team of scouts and technicians and is allowed to get on with what he is good at. There’s not a hope in hell that he would work for a chairman like ours.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

I only saw the highlights but I thought that Man Utd pen that went against Grealish was excessively harsh. He went up to head it, didn’t get any contact but Wan Bissaka did and headed it straight into Grealish’s hand. A mental decision imo.

As for Guardiola and this tired argument that always seems to come up after City win something. Personally, I think the bloke is a different level to any other manager around at the moment. It’s not *all* about having an unlimited source of money, it’s about assembling the right squad of players and getting the best out of them. Players like Akanji and Ake were not on most team’s radar, recently he’s turned Stones into a midfield dynamo, and even Haaland wasn’t guaranteed to get the numbers he has done this season, his stats at Dortmund were incredible yes but so we’re Tino Werner’s at Leipzig before he signed for Chelsea.
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:48 am Not sure you would cut Moyes the same slack if a 100m signing took a year to settle so he didn't play him much.
No moyes would make a 100 million player a 30 million player in one season . He would not make a player better like pep would
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Garry wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 am No moyes would make a 100 million player a 30 million player in one season . He would not make a player better like pep would
It could be argued Garry that Moyes, for example, made Dec a £120 mil player, made Dawson look like prime Sergio Ramos & Antonio semi effective...
He's certainly no Pep but digs at Moyes purely for the purpose of having a dig are getting a bit, meh...
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Garry wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 am No moyes would make a 100 million player a 30 million player in one season . He would not make a player better like pep would
Declan Rice.