Everton FC: 10 Point Deduction Confirmed for PL FFP breach

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 791 likes
Total likes: 1555 likes

Re: Everton FC: 10 Point Deduction Confirmed for PL FFP breach

Post by davids cross »

All of the Everton stuff re buying the club, has turned out to be a load of old nonsense. Dropping like flies.

Tony Cottee, I'm sure, will be arranging a consortium of people who haven't enough wealth on their own to buy a football club.

Good luck Tone.... :winker:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 2012 likes
Total likes: 2256 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Michael Dell (Dell computers) backs bid to buy Everton (The Register)
Forget AI PCs or AI servers, tech titan Michael Dell is reportedly backing a takeover bid for Everton football club from two prospective owner fans.

MSD Partners – Dell's family office used to oversee his finances – has agreed to support wealthy biz blokes Andy Bell and George Downing should current Everton owner Farhad Moshiri agree to a period of exclusivity to close the deal.

more...
Johnny Byrne's Boots

And there's another one
A UK-based investment firm, backed by two 'western billionaires', has become the fourth party to make a bid to buy Everton.

Vici Private Finance began initial talks with Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri earlier this year and has now made an all-equity offer without taking on additional debt.

The firm has provided proof of cash, believed to be in the region of £1bn, which allows the capability of getting a deal done quickly.

Vici is being advised by former Blues director Keith Harris, who was brought on to the club's board in 2016 by Moshiri before leaving three years later.

more...
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2183 likes
Total likes: 1372 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

davids cross wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:06 am All of the Everton stuff re buying the club, has turned out to be a load of old nonsense. Dropping like flies.

Tony Cottee, I'm sure, will be arranging a consortium of people who haven't enough wealth on their own to buy a football club.

Good luck Tone.... :winker:
Seems like a few interested. Wouldn't surprise me in 5 years we look at them enviously with their superior stadium and new owners.
Believer
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by Believer »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:28 am Seems like a few interested. Wouldn't surprise me in 5 years we look at them enviously with their superior stadium and new owners.
I have to admit that I’m more than a little bit envious of their new stadium. It looks fantastic. The total cost is rumoured to be about £500m which they’ll recoup a fair chunk of by selling Goodison.

For a new stadium it certainly retains a bit of “old school” inside. 52k capacity which would be ideal for us.

The report I’ve just read suggests they’re closing in on a naming rights deal as well. So the maths on the stadium “could” and I say, could result in their new stadium only costing around c£350m.

Yep, definitely envious.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Not a patch on our Deal of the Century*

*© Brady Self-Agrandissement inc.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:28 am Seems like a few interested.

Good publicity innit.... :winker:

The reality rather different.
Kermit
Has liked: 109 likes
Total likes: 360 likes

Post by Kermit »

Believer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:01 pm I have to admit that I’m more than a little bit envious of their new stadium. It looks fantastic. The total cost is rumoured to be about £500m which they’ll recoup a fair chunk of by selling Goodison.

For a new stadium it certainly retains a bit of “old school” inside. 52k capacity which would be ideal for us.

The report I’ve just read suggests they’re closing in on a naming rights deal as well. So the maths on the stadium “could” and I say, could result in their new stadium only costing around c£350m.

Yep, definitely envious.
It does look good. Pity they don't have a decent team to show off their skills in it.

But it always annoys me when I think about the opportunity West Ham were given at the time of the Docklands regeneration project. We had the opportunity of moving into a new, purpose built, stadium which would have been built in Becton. And built, I might add, at a fraction of it's true cost. But, sadly, and with typical "nothing must ever change" mentality we fans rejected the move.

And the resr, as they say, is history. Which is why you'll never hear me bitching and bleating about the LS. I think the saying is "You reap what you sow" is it not ?
Gaz
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Gaz »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:28 am Seems like a few interested. Wouldn't surprise me in 5 years we look at them enviously with their superior stadium and new owners.
Yeah, they might have made it back up to the Championship by then.

None of that stuff in my head is going to happen is it ....
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 727 likes
Total likes: 652 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Thing about it is it's all boardrooms and watching investment possibilities. f*** all to do with football clubs and hasn't been for decades :angryred:
Believer
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by Believer »

Kermit wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:56 pm It does look good. Pity they don't have a decent team to show off their skills in it.

But it always annoys me when I think about the opportunity West Ham were given at the time of the Docklands regeneration project. We had the opportunity of moving into a new, purpose built, stadium which would have been built in Becton. And built, I might add, at a fraction of it's true cost. But, sadly, and with typical "nothing must ever change" mentality we fans rejected the move.

And the resr, as they say, is history. Which is why you'll never hear me bitching and bleating about the LS. I think the saying is "You reap what you sow" is it not ?
In all honesty the chicken run replicating the West stand and the corners filled in at Upton Park would have done me. From memory, it would have been a 46k capacity.

Large sigh !
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 3007 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Believer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:12 pm In all honesty the chicken run replicating the West stand and the corners filled in at Upton Park would have done me. From memory, it would have been a 46k capacity.

Large sigh !
But the fans were told that the East Stand couldn’t by built any higher and London Transport needed access to the depot.
Surely we weren’t told untruths?
RockyMtnHammer
Has liked: 441 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

Dan Friedkin, owner of AS Roma and American billionaire, has agreed to buy Everton according to Sky.

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1801660664538173530
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

RockyMtnHammer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:53 pm Dan Friedkin, owner of AS Roma and American billionaire, has agreed to buy Everton according to Sky.

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1801660664538173530

Daniel Kretinsky is worth a good few billion more than this chap.

Not exactly Saudi money.... :winker:
BrumHammer
Has liked: 3920 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by BrumHammer »

Clear pattern now of owners/groups buying chains of clubs across Europe. Hard to see it being a good thing long term :eyes:
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

BrumHammer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:07 pm Clear pattern now of owners/groups buying chains of clubs across Europe. Hard to see it being a good thing long term :eyes:
"The business of football".
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

davids cross wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:48 pm Not exactly Saudi money...
The less of that, the better!
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 218 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

BrumHammer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:07 pm Clear pattern now of owners/groups buying chains of clubs across Europe. Hard to see it being a good thing long term :eyes:
Nope. Also another owner that will be looking for games to be played Stateside.
Kermit
Has liked: 109 likes
Total likes: 360 likes

Post by Kermit »

Believer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:12 pm In all honesty the chicken run replicating the West stand and the corners filled in at Upton Park would have done me. From memory, it would have been a 46k capacity.

Large sigh !
45k? You might well be right, although with an all seater stadium I doubt it would have reached that level. But, FFS, the infrastructure at Upton Park wasn't exactly the best was it ? If the District Line wasn't working those coming in by public transport were stymied. And those of us who used to drive in, in my case from Hertfordshire, wouyld have had extra traffic in an already overcrowded area to contend with. We have to be brutal. Upton Park was way past it's sell by. The Olympic Stadium is far from ideal but to progress we had to move. Becton would have been a stadium bujiult to our specification and been a key part of the area's renewal.
Ozza
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 2717 likes

Post by Ozza »