Season ticket renewal 24/25

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio

Hammertaff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: Season ticket renewal 24/25

Post by Hammertaff »

irving boleyn wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:59 pm I’m sure the original intention wasn’t that all of the Sky Billions should go in players wages.
When Sky came in anyone who had a season ticket should have had been rewarded with a huge discount from there on.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1466 likes
Total likes: 816 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:06 pm Their response will be that bands 5 and 6 are the equivalent of a family enclosure

And the climb to reach them is West Ham’s contribution to keeping young & old fit and healthy, very family friendly.
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Hammers United have now come up with suggestions which the ISC endorsed unanimously and the ISC have now written to the club seeking a meeting.We will keep you informed of developments.
inspirations
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by inspirations »

cambridge hammer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:49 pm Apologies if this has been covered before. I renewed my home &away season ticket as I have done for the last 35/40 years. For reasons I won't go into I was unable to attend as many games as I would have liked last year but they still had the money up front. I got an email back saying thanks for renewing and please contact the ticket office. I got a lecture asking me why I hadn't attended and my season ticket could be revoked and with no refund if I didn't do better or put it back for resale. I relisted a few times but mostly it went unsold. The upshot is ,don't get ill,disillusioned or you won't be invited anymore.
There has been a clause in the Terms and conditions for quite a few years now:

4.2.9. Failure to attend Premier League games may result in the Club
withdrawing your season ticket. Utilising the Official Ticket Exchange or
Official Ticket Transfer will constitute as attending

I've not heard of them enforcing it, but that might change.

It would be interesting to know what the number of games not attended triggers the clause and if tickets put on ticket exchange but not sold count as attended?
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 306 likes

Post by Big George »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 am Hammers United have now come up with suggestions which the ISC endorsed unanimously and the ISC have now written to the club seeking a meeting.We will keep you informed of developments.
What are those sugestions NBB?
fozzy
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fozzy »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 am Hammers United have now come up with suggestions which the ISC endorsed unanimously and the ISC have now written to the club seeking a meeting.We will keep you informed of developments.
Good stuff. As you'll have seen I wrote to the Club but got nowhere. Let us know what happens with the ISC. Cheers.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 729 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I'd suggest that anyone who has experienced difficulties contact HU or OSH to formally ask they take up the matter on their behalf. (I hope I'm not being presumptuous, N.B/Phil S :D ). The more case info the better I'd have thought.
RikM
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by RikM »

I've said elsewhere how disgraceful I think the season ticket changes are from West Ham from the moment I found out about them.
A complete slap in the face to long standing fans and to potential new ones.
It's absolutely disgusting.

It still surprises me how little traction these changes got when announced by the Club.

Fans need to come together and let our voices be heard on this issue.

I'd urge everyone to get behind Hammers United and the Independent Supporters Committee.

fozzy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:41 pm Here's my exchange with West Ham today
WappingIron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by WappingIron »

4.2.9. Failure to attend Premier League games may result in the Club
withdrawing your season ticket. Utilising the Official Ticket Exchange or
Official Ticket Transfer will constitute as attending

this is interesting.....for the first three seasons at the London Stadium the seat next to me was empty every single league game, and I genuinely mean every single game. The only time it was occupied was for cup games. I contacted the ticket office, as did a few who sit round me, to see if we could buy it for friends/family but were told that it was already sold as a season ticket so there was nothing they could do.

Its being used more these days but for around 50% of home league games its empty but when it is occupied its different people every time. I want to get a season ticket for my son who turns 9 this year and am (very begrudgingly) willing to pay the full price so he can sit with and I don't have to move from the area where I've made good friends since we moved stadium (and yes, I am raging at the full price I will have to pay), and it means I will by and large be skint for a while, but my hands are tied, but again, the ticket office have said I cant buy the seat next to me as its already sold!

Does 'utilising the official ticket exchange' apply even if the seat remains unsold? if the seat is indeed sold and people use it every game then fine, I will move to an area where I can get my son a ticket so we can sit together but it will pee me off if that seat goes unused again next season.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

Big George wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:13 am What are those sugestions NBB?
Im gonna give the club a couple of days before going public George.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 729 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

WappingIron wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:57 am Does 'utilising the official ticket exchange' apply even if the seat remains unsold? if the seat is indeed sold and people use it every game then fine, I will move to an area where I can get my son a ticket so we can sit together but it will pee me off if that seat goes unused again next season.
I've never used the Exchange WI, so stand to be corrected, but I believe it may just have to be put on the exchange to qualify. Doesn't matter if not sold.
Diogenes
Has liked: 532 likes
Total likes: 1248 likes

Post by Diogenes »

The concession pricing changes by the club is certainly a further own goal by Sullivan. It is within his remit to approve or refuse to accept such changes.

It would be interesting to find out exactly how many concession seats were actually sold for 23/24 season and how sizable the potential income increase is going to be when these changes are introduced. In the grand scheme of things I suspect it will not amount to a significant increase in revenue over a season when set against the supporter 'harm' it causes.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

Diogenes wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:19 am The concession pricing changes by the club is certainly a further own goal by Sullivan. It is within his remit to approve or refuse to accept such changes.

It would be interesting to find out exactly how many concession seats were actually sold for 23/24 season and how sizable the potential income increase is going to be when these changes are introduced. In the grand scheme of things I suspect it will not amount to a significant increase in revenue over a season when set against the supporter 'harm' it causes.
Andy Payne and i met Kieran Maguire to discuss this very issue.It will not create a significant increase in revenue full stop.

Last season gate money only accounted for 17% of the club's income.-TV money accounting for 63%
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 306 likes

Post by Big George »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am Andy Payne and i met Kieran Maguire to discuss this very issue.It will not create a significant increase in revenue full stop.

Last season gate money only accounted for 17% of the club's income.-TV money accounting for 63%
The problem is Sulli/Brady will set Nicola Keye a revnue traget and no matter how small a % of club income gate money is, her bonus will depend on maximising that reveue and squeeing every last drop from us. The rise in senior consession ages last year was awful but they took the lack of resistence to that to go full tonto for 24/25.
Last edited by Big George on Wed May 22, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes
Has liked: 532 likes
Total likes: 1248 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Northbank Bar wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am Andy Payne and i met Kieran Maguire to discuss this very issue.It will not create a significant increase in revenue full stop.

:thup:
Thought so. A lack of self awareness and humility are not Sullivans strong traits. If you are going to do something unpopular, then make sure you have a good supportable reason, otherwise you just prove you are treating people as mugs.
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

Are there any numbers here Northbank? As a guess assuming around £220/230m turnover with no Europe that’s around £38/40m from gate money, 6-8% increases on that is £2.5/3m, maybe less allowing for existing concessions, which hardly looks game changing to me and a bit worrying if they think that allows us to “ compete” with bigger clubs. More likely to rub fans up the wrong way and ultimately walk away, especially as the new reduced concessions ideas will progressively impact older fans and families, forcing them to sit apart or climb into the clouds to watch games. Some of us walking away may be the clubs desire today, they’d just look to sell to tourists, but beware West Ham that market is not infinite and tourists naturally gravitate to success and best value, bottom half poor performances and the inadequacies of the Bowl won’t have that many rushing in at £100 plus.
Appreciate West Ham are far from alone in this, perhaps it’s time the authorities in the shape of the forthcoming Regulator imposes guidelines as seen with £30 away ticket. Maybe agreeing a set percentage of season tickets to total capacity, and those to include set discount levels or maximum prices for OAP & u18 fans, and annual price rises to be inflation linked. As previously understand it’s a business but one with huge legacy responsibility. If we capped at 45k genuine season tickets at sensible prices the club would still have 17k ( 20k plus if we get 66k capacity) to use as tourist or hospitality seats at whatever they can achieve in the market, surely that has to be a sensible compromise ?
Again understand it’s probably too late to be thinking about designated OAP / family areas for next season, but West Ham could do themselves a lot of good by confirming that’s where we’ll go in 2025/26. No surprise Arsenals fans are a lot happier and less militant than the growing unrest at Spurs as one confirms concessions while the other just looks to exploit loyalty.
Last edited by 1895Hammer on Wed May 22, 2024 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

The lack of concession for U18s is so shortsighted from the club.
How are the next generation of supporters going to be hooked by the club and become addicted to going to every home game and becoming the ST holders of the future if they cannot go with their parents and their group of friends to attend games?
Even if they did relocate to the piss poor seats in the gods to the detriment of the parents that have been going for years the supply will not meet the demand pretty soon.

For the OAPs it is different as rightly or wrongly 1. Clubs now view this group of people as having the most disposable income and 2. The likelihood of a 66 or over becoming a new ST holder is much much less than introducing a kid to the club.
TheCharlatan
Has liked: 368 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by TheCharlatan »

This is the reality of football nowadays.
Those who make the decisions are so removed from the real world.
How anyone can think it is reasonable to push through these changes doesn't have a clue
Its ****ing wrong just plain wrong.
Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar »

1895Hammer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:01 am Are there any numbers here Northbank?

TBH 1895 I cant remember exactly but do recall it being said that revenue achieved by changes to concessions would be minimal,maybe enough to pay Danny Ings wages for a few weeks!
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

TheCharlatan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:15 am This is the reality of football nowadays.
Those who make the decisions are so removed from the real world.
How anyone can think it is reasonable to push through these changes doesn't have a clue
Its ****ing wrong just plain wrong.
Wasn’t there a survey a while back suggesting the average Hammer earned £60k a year ? Probably means Brady believes most are now clearing £100k, and the way ticket prices are going taking a couple of kids regularly, travel, food & drink plus the tickets means you’ll need to be ! They’re on another planet.