Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by PlaistowIron »

Shabu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:10 am Been looking at the judge who scored for Joshua, one Glenn Feldman. He has been a judge for 30 years & has scored over 1200 bouts.
Bizarre all round!

Rounds 8 and 9 were the only ones I thought AJ conclusively won.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
PlaistowIron

Post by PlaistowIron »

S-H wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:57 am My god what a bellend.

Imagine saying "know one knows what I've been through" seriously, Infront of a guy from Ukraine...

Glad the fraud lost.
Was really bizarre, and he’s getting all sorts of stick this morning.

I’ve read everything, from people saying it was like watching WWE, to others saying they thought Will Smith would climb through the ropes and slap him round the face.

Frazer Clarke was right, his team really let him down there. They should’ve seen his emotion was running high and should’ve had a word.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Imagine saying "know one knows what I've been through" seriously, Infront of a guy from Ukraine...

Glad the fraud lost.
That was excruciating.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I hope he hires Fraudley Harrison to be his next trainer so he can go to another level!

Fact is, at least Fraudley won his gold medal fair and square. AJ got his via a joke decision.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Imagine saying "no one knows what I've been through" seriously, Infront of a guy from Ukraine...

Glad the fraud lost.
When he wins, it’s all “stay humble”. - quite clearly needs to take his own advice in the face of defeat.

Honestly, guy got nicked 15 years ago for selling weed and got told to sort himself out otherwise he’s going to jail. - that may sound edgy to his paymasters. - to anyone else, it’s a load of old ***** and certainly not worth still banging on about 15 years later.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Glad Usyk beat him again, Joshua showed his true colours and he's not the amicable guy he makes out to be ..
Horrible individual, who doesn't know when to shut up, The BLM march now this ..
His management shouldn't allow him anywhere near a microphone because who he really is always come out.

And still the undisputed lineal heavyweight champion of the world TYSON FUUUUREEEY!!!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hopefully this spells the end for this overhyped chump.

It was embarrassing. His team of sycophants have made a fortune off him, maybe now he'll retire a very rich man and still have his health.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I always liked Smokin Joe Frazier, myself
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:14 am I hope he hires Fraudley Harrison to be his next trainer so he can go to another level!

Fact is, at least Fraudley won his gold medal fair and square. AJ got his via a joke decision.
Audley is a top bloke and now lives a mellow life in Thousand Oaks, near Malibu, with his hairdresser wife and a few beauty salons.

He coaches football for local kids.

British boxing owes him a great debt.

Shocking to see the vitriol aimed at British boxers on here. Or pathetic. A bunch of cyber warriors screaming into their keyboards :lol:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Cracking fight. Ramirez will bring it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/bivol-ramir ... ht--168517
PlaistowIron

Post by PlaistowIron »

Shabu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:58 pm Audley is a top bloke and now lives a mellow life in Thousand Oaks, near Malibu, with his hairdresser wife and a few beauty salons.

Shocking to see the vitriol aimed at British boxers on here. Or pathetic. A bunch of cyber warriors screaming into their keyboards :lol:
I agree. Audley seems like a decent chap. Harshly treated, mainly because of his bizarre showing against David Haye. One of the strangest 1st rounds I’ve ever seen. He was stopped a few times, but largely by big punchers - Haye, Wilder, Price etc.

Back onto AJ, if he still has the hunger, he could certainly come back. A big win against a Whyte/Wilder/Joyce is all that it would take.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Shabu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:58 pm Audley is a top bloke and now lives a mellow life in Thousand Oaks, near Malibu, with his hairdresser wife and a few beauty salons.

Steady Shabs.

I've never liked or been a fan of AJ.

No problem with Audley though.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Shabu wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:58 pm Shocking to see the vitriol aimed at British boxers on here. Or pathetic. A bunch of cyber warriors screaming into their keyboards :lol:
There's a consistent level of understanding from those who follow the sport that Joshua is not as talented as the media have made him out to be. Hearn and Matchroom have played him and the public well and rinsed him out to dry, much like they have with sport itself. Just because he holds a British passport does not mean he gets a green card on support.

As soon as his stamina and chin were tested at an elite level, Joshua failed. Yet he and his team continued to roll out that he was a boxing great to sell PPV tickets. He has never had the talent nor has he the mentality to learn and come back stronger.

Your comment (quoted) is disappointing and inaccurate.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

PF. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:19 pm There's a consistent level of understanding from those who follow the sport that Joshua is not as talented as the media have made him out to be. Hearn and Matchroom have played him and the public well and rinsed him out to dry, much like they have with sport itself. Just because he holds a British passport does not mean he gets a green card on support.

As soon as his stamina and chin were tested at an elite level, Joshua failed. Yet he and his team continued to roll out that he was a boxing great to sell PPV tickets. He has never had the talent nor has he the mentality to learn and come back stronger.

Your comment (quoted) is disappointing and inaccurate.
You're disappointed because it's accurate, mate.

There's half a dozen blokes on here who regularly talk about boxing & another half a dozen pathetic men who just come on here to gloat about certain boxers losing, usually making comments a psychiatrist would have a field day with.

I'm not a fan of Floyd Mayweather. I admire his business acumen & skills but don't care for the bloke. I ain't going all cyber warrior & calling him silly names online like the manbaby spiteful kids on here.

A boxer dares to try to be great & falls short, so some 'men' try to cover their own insecurities by silly name calling. Class.

Failing isn't something to be ashamed of. At least he tried. He just came up against someone better than him. Certain people on here are the ones that should be ashamed.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1120 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

I don’t think British boxers get an unfair shake on here. We have some of the greatest characters in the sport today, Fury, Chisora, Whyte, Froch, the Eubanks. The list is endless. I always really liked Audley and would have loved him to win a world belt.

As for AJ, he has always been a bit overhyped but that’s not his fault. I think he is a top drawer fighter but maybe just short of Elite level like Fury and Usyk. Regarding his public profile I think the British public took him to their hearts. There’s no doubt the BLM nonsense harmed him and no doubt so will Saturdays rant but if you do stupid things you’re gonna get criticised. I for one hope AJ continues as I still think there are some great fights out there for him.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Come to think of it, AJ might be one of the only British boxers I don't like.

Go and have a drink mate, I don't like angry Shabs :wink: :D
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Shabu wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:43 pm You're disappointed because it's accurate, mate.
I don't think you're accurate at all, but each to their own. This is after all the purpose of a forum.

Calling out fellow posters pathetic, manbaby's and questioning their mental health for having an opposing view to your own is what I would call disappointing, tinged with irony if I'm honest.

Whatever, Joshua is hype job twat. :winker:
PlaistowIron

Post by PlaistowIron »

I don’t think AJ has a bad chin to be honest. He’s been most in trouble when caught with shots behind the ear.

Anyway, enough about him until we know what his next move will be…

It’s gone under the radar how great Callum Smith looked at Light-Heavy. Certainly looked like his power will carry up to the division. Has he got what it takes to be a 2 weight world champion? Can he threaten Bivol or Beterbiev? Will be a tough ask, but I’ve always liked the Smiths. Was gutted for Paul when he was robbed against Arthur Abraham.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

PF. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:19 pm

This is basically the crux of it.

All this crap about him being 'humble'....wtf does that even mean? He didnt look that humble after being schooled again by Usyk.

Shab's, don't get shitty because some posters don't rate AJ. It's no different to not rating any other sports person.

AJ is a multi-millionaire. Best he can do now is take time away from boxing, maybe even retire before he gets seriously hurt. He'll always go down as a world champion regardless.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I've no issue with his boxing, he's not as good as he thinks he is, but he's made himself and his family financially secure for life, off the back of his limited skill set, fair play to him.

I just happen to think he's a massive wanky bellend, and what we saw on Saturday just backs that up further.