Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Oh God, he's agreed a rematch.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

stu1 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:26 pm I don’t blame Fury for getting emotional, can you imagine if he’d lost that? He put himself under so much pressure, would have been a laughing stick and embarrassed his family name.
Fair point.
Imagine the flight home if he'd lost...
Faliraki Hammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faliraki Hammer »

The pressure on Fury must have been immense, 23 year old kid boxing in front of a world wide audience. Personally, I thought there was a big gap in class, Paul didn’t want to fight and kept hugging to stop himself from being beaten up. Also he’s had 5 years with some of the best trainers in the world, he’s more than a YouTuber
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The American judge giving it to Paul... some things never change....
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:52 pm Stupid face tattoo aside, Mike Tyson looks well and happy, which is good to see. :thup:
He has a Marijuana ranch/ theme park near me with a lazy river. I keep meaning to go
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Faliraki Hammer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:33 pm The pressure on Fury must have been immense, 23 year old kid boxing in front of a world wide audience. Personally, I thought there was a big gap in class, Paul didn’t want to fight and kept hugging to stop himself from being beaten up. Also he’s had 5 years with some of the best trainers in the world, he’s more than a YouTuber
Agree with all that. Whatever their different backgrounds/experience it’s still two fit blokes having a punch up. I actually found it a better spectacle than I thought it was going to be. 76 - 73 was about right. I’m just glad it was a legit fight. The Badou Jack fight was good too.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:47 pm Agree with all that. Whatever their different backgrounds/experience it’s still two fit blokes having a punch up. I actually found it a better spectacle than I thought it was going to be. 76 - 73 was about right. I’m just glad it was a legit fight. The Badou Jack fight was good too.
I didn't think Badou Jack stood a chance but I'm delighted for him.
A Muslim fighter winning a world title in the birthplace of Islam will do wonders for the sport in the region...
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Jack was excellent.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I've never seen a Jake Paul fight but he obviously brings eyes to the sport.

This thread is usually 90% me then Morocco & York making up the other 10% but there was plenty of traffic for the Paul Fury bout :grin:
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

The best thing is that rapper bloke betting $400k on Paul to win. By which I mean, what kind of c*nt does that for entertainment?
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

More money than sense.
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

Pleased for Badou Jack. He had a couple of great bouts against both Degale and Groves in the past.

We all knew Makabu was vulnerable, we see him get flattened by Tony Bellew a few years back at Goodison Park.

Glad the Jack Paul circus will go away for a while. Can’t stand the bloke.

Looking forward to Dan Azeez challenging for the European title in France in a couple of weeks on the Yoka/Takam undercard.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

The wife, who has zero interest in sports, was quite keen on seeing love islands Tommy Fury get punched in the face. Even she remarked on what an awful fighter Jake Paul is.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:08 am He failed two drug tests because he ate too many eggs. Yeah, right. Unbelievable.
Conor Benn has rejected the WBC's suggestion that 'eggs' may caused the positive tests...

In other news, he's had a 'car crash' interview with Piers Morgan. Made himself look even more guilty.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:39 pm Conor Benn has rejected the WBC's suggestion that 'eggs' may caused the positive tests...

In other news, he's had a 'car crash' interview with Piers Morgan. Made himself look even more guilty.
I didn't watch the interview as I can't stand Morgan but from reading it & reactions to it I have to say I'm baffled.

Either he IS guilty & is on the craziest denial bender ever...

or

He actually is innocent.

Most peoples opinions seems to be the former. Especially because he never gave his 237 page of documents to the BBBoC.

Him & Hearn have taken a stance & are riding it all the way.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Gervonta Davis v Ryan Garcia is on for next month in Vegas.

Davis has been a champ for over 6 years now & has won alphabet titles at Super Feather, Light & Light Welter. He's still only 28 & has a 28(26)-0 record. He had a very rough childhood & is still caught up in the ghetto lifestyle & will probably be going to jail shortly after this bout.

Garcia had a middle class Californian upbringing & has over 9 million Instagram followers, mainly teenage girls. His record is 23(19)-0. He might well have the fastest hands in boxing today.

I'm actually well up for this fight. I think Garcia wins the first 6 or so rounds but will be caught eventually by Davis who is a clever boxer with good skills to go along with his big punch.

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-gerv ... ry--172972

York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Fury is being difficult about the Usyk fight. In other words, he doesn't want it.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:47 am Fury is being difficult about the Usyk fight. In other words, he doesn't want it.
Disappointing thinking he deserves 70%. Usyk has more belts & has won more titles, after cleaning out Cruiserweight. Also an Olympic Gold Medallist. He deserves a bit more respect than 30% offers
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Usyk has made a video agreeing to the 70/30 split and wants Tyson to donate £1m to Ukraine.

Let’s see if Fury has the minerals to accept or if he will find another goal post to move.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Devin Haney v Vasiliy Lomachenko have signed to meet in Vegas on May 20th.

Don't know how good this will be. Loma was brilliant but he's getting on now &, in reality, he's 2 or 3 weight divisions smaller than Haney.

Haney not an exciting fighter, but he's a very good one. Perfect balance & great range & he'll just try to spear Loma with a jab from the outside & tie him up on the inside.

They'll probably need an exciting Mexican banger on the undercard to get sales up although Arum doesn't care too much about good shows, just big main events.

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-lomac ... ht--173035