First team or bust, says Cullen

  • by Staff Writer
  • Wednesday, 24th May 2017

Josh Cullen says he'll be pushing for a place in Slaven Bilic's first team squad this summer.

The 21-year-old midfielder ended his season with a trip to Wembley in the League One play-off final last weekend, although it was to prove a disappointing finale to the campaign as Bradford were beaten 1-0 by Millwall.

However it's a place in Bilic's team that Cullen has his eyes firmly set upon, following a fantastic season on loan at Valley Parade. "The whole process of me coming out on loan is to try and get in West Ham's first team," Cullen told the Yorkshire Post.




"I am still in a position to do that when I go back in the summer in pre-season. We will have the discussions and see what needs to be done. Hopefully, I will be in West Ham's plans.

"If not, then a Championship club is probably the next step for me. There are discussions to be had and we will see where we go."

Cullen ended the 2016/17 campaign as Bradford's Player of the Year - and believes he couldn't have chosen a better club at which to spend a season on loan.




"Bradford is a really great club with great people," he added. "I wanted to come back for a second spell to try and get us promoted. We have got one step closer than last year, but just come up short again.

"It is a club I really felt the passion to play for. It has been a tough time, the first time I have been away from home for a permanent period of time. But everyone has been brilliant to me. "

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News