No truth in Ronaldo link, says Hernandez

  • by Staff Writer
  • Tuesday, 26th September 2017

Javier Harnandez has dismissed reports that Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed to donate ₱20m to his Mexican disaster fund.

West Ham's Mexican international has been at the forefront of appeals to assist those displaced or affected by last week's 7.1 magnitude quake, which struck in central Mexico killing in excess of 300 people and injuring many more.

However he was forced to speak out in order to dismiss scurrilous rumours suggesting that the Real Madrid star was to make the donation, equivalent to approximately ?830,000.


"It's lies," Hernandez said via his twitter feed. "He has not contacted me, but I hope he can help out country in some way!"

The West Ham United striker was a team mate of Ronaldo when the pair were at Real Madrid together during the 2014/15 season.

He has scored three times for the Hammers (in eight appearances) since moving from Leverkusen during the summer in a ?16million deal.

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News