Fonte blasts 'ignorant' Sullivan

  • by Staff Writer
  • Monday, 11th December 2017

Jose Fonte has hit back at David Sullivan after the co-chairman revealed that "my kids begged me not to sign" the Portuguese international.

Sullivan, speaking last week to The Guardian revealed that his sons had implored the co-owner not to spent ?18million on the central defender and Hull City iwnger Rovert Snodgrass.

Embed from Getty Images


And Fonte, speaking to a tabloid newspaper called the 68-year-old "ignorant" in response to his ill-judged comments.

"I'm not going to say anything," - said Fonte, who is currently sidelined through injury. "It's not going to change who I am. It's not going to change what I do.

"I'm going to keep being the good professional that I am. I am going to keep working hard to try and help my team-mates and the manager. What has been said has no effect on me or who I am."

The other player accused of not being up to scratch, Scottish international Snodgrass hit back at Sullivan on Friday night, when he sarcastically thanked Sullivan for his support via social media.

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News