Everton join Gomez race?

  • by Staff Writer
  • Friday, 5th July 2019

A Spanish journalist with links to Valencia has claimed that Everton have launched a EUR40million bid for West Ham's main summer target Maxi Gomez.

Writer Julio Insa, who is based in Valencia claimed on Friday night that the Blues had joined the race to sign the Uruguayan international who had previously looked to set to join Los Ches.

And the news arrived hours after it was revealed that West Ham had sent a delegation to Spain in order to try and push through the deal, having agreed to sell Marko Arnautovic to an unnamed Chinese club for EUR25million.


News of West Ham's latest attempt to sign Gomez was revealed earlier in the day by newspaper Faro de Vigo, who reported that a party of West Ham representatives touched down in Spain on Friday morning with view to pushing through a deal.

And although figures are sketchy, at best, with various different fees being reported, the Hammers are said to have made an improved offer whilst going as far as to book a medical for Gomez - even though a deal is yet to be concluded.

Embed from Getty Images


The sudden change of heart is said to have been directed by Gomez's agent, who along with his client stands to benefit financially should the player move to West Ham as opposed to Valencia.

The La Liga side have thus far offered in the region of EUR15million plus striker Santi Mina for Gomez, who has previously expressed a desire to remain in Spain where he is settled.

However with West Ham - and potentially Everton - able to offer a considerably better financial package, Gomez's destination remains as unclear as ever.

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News