Haller says no, interest in Higuain

  • by Staff Writer
  • Thursday, 11th July 2019

Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller says he has no interest in moving to West Ham, following reports of a EUR40million bid.

Haller, 25, was said to be the subject of the enormous offer from West Ham yesterday - according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira - since when German news outlet Bild report that the player has snubbed the chance to move to London.

Embed from Getty Images


Earlier in the week the prolific Haller appeared to suggest he was seeking to leave Frankfurt, with whom he has spent the last two seasons. "Life can always offer new possibilities," told Frankfurter Rundschau.

"One thing is for sure: I will never leave the club of my own volition. I want to achieve success with Eintracht - but you never know what the future holds."

However any chance of Haller joining West Ham - who have already failed to land main summer transfer target Maxi Gomez, with the Uruguayan set to remain in Spain and join Valencia - appear to have disappeared overnight.

Since Haller's rebuff was revealed by Bild, it has been suggested that West Ham are now considering making an offer for Juventus' experienced forward Gonzalo Higuain (Sky Sports Italia).

Embed from Getty Images


The Argentinian has already experienced the Premier League having spent a season at Chelsea where he generally failed to impress. However whilst West Ham are seeking to land the striker on loan, Juve's preference is to sell a player they purchased for EUR90million in 2016.

And with the asking price said to be around EUR35million West Ham's interest is unlikely to persist for long, should that be the case.

* Stay up to date with all the latest transfer news and gossip on the KUMB Forum's summer transfer thread.

* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.

Related News