- by Staff Writer
- Wednesday, 8th December 2021
David Moyes says the club will take a different approach to the forthcoming transfer window as a result of the recent injuries to Angelo Ogbonna and Kurt Zouma.While playing his cards close to his chest, the Hammers boss admitted that his squad needs strengthening next month as a result of the long-term injuries sustained by his two first choice central defenders.
And he admitted the hamstring tear suffered last weekend by Kurt Zouma came as a major blow following the news that partner Ogbonna has been ruled out for the season some weeks before.
"We've picked up some injuries to defenders which could make us look at it differently," he said when asked whether the club were willing to invest in the transfer market in January.
"It will mean we have to start looking for a defender if possible, but nothing has been decided yet."
And with regards to Zouma's pronged absence, which should see him sidelined for around three months, Moyes added: "He's been very good for us, everybody has been impressed.
"He would be a big miss for any club, but we've got players here who helped get us into Europe last year."
Moyes also confirmed that he had been approached by numerous agents regarding potential signings in January - something he takes as a positive sign. "I have plenty of top agents putting players to me," he said, "so that is a sign that people are beginning to think we are attractive!
"West Ham is a huge club in London. We have really good internationals in the team, a great England player and top Czech players too."
We'll have more for you from Moyes' press conference shortly...
* Something to say about this story? Please visit the KUMB Forum to leave a comment.